Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is quite a personal question, so you certainly don't have to answer if you don't want to, but I'd love to know if there are any transgender INFPs here, or if you know of any. I identify as genderqueer, so I'd like to see if there are any other INFPs out there who have questioned their gender. Or for that matter, simply questioned societal gender expectations or often break gender expectations. I would guess that male INFPs would do this regularly, no? Anyone else?

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I'm not sure. I consider myself an androgyne in a female body, but I never mention it. I often question traditional gender roles and tend to view them as an obstacle to authenticity.

I used to imagine having a penis when I was a child, especially when I masturbated. I don't wear makeup. I can grow a full beard. My sexual preference is for feminine men with a certain kind of vibe (possibly attributed to a 'repurposed' gaydar.) I have never felt like I fit in when I was around groups of normal girls, and didn't experience that slumber party makeover pedicure girltalk thing that most girls get to be part of. I relate well with feminine males and with masculine women, as an equal.

I only wear dresses, never pants. I like big hair bows and soft, comfortable fabrics that flow. I find it important to be allowed to express my feelings openly, and I cry almost daily without being ashamed of it. I am sexually submissive, but seek out other submissives. My hobbies are traditionally feminine: sewing, art, music, poetry, etc.

I'm not really sure which I was supposed to be, and I value both my masculine and feminine qualities, with a very slight tendency to prefer my femininity.

·
Banned
2,078 Posts
thank GOD i don't HAVE to answer this one. i was really getting annoyed by the unresistible force behind the prodding stick bothering me to post! ugh!
but i'll post ANYWAY...
i don't think about gender norms/expectations when deciding what i'd like to wear or do or be. that's all i can really say in response to your question.

·
MOTM February 2014
4,785 Posts
I really dislike gender roles and expectations. Just putting that out there first :tongue:

I suppose I'm genderqueer/androgyne, too. Well, I mean, I am, but I don't exactly identify with those labels (then again, I don't really identify with the more obvious labels I "should"). I, too, rarely ever fit in with the stereotypical girl and the tension is obvious. Right now, I have far more male people that I talk to than female ones. But my male friends know I'm obviously not "butch" and my female friends are very much aware I'm not "girly."

I would consider most of my interests/hobbies to be gender-neutral: computers, languages, medicine, gaming, cooking. But maybe they're not, I'm not sure. I never wore make-up and I hate dresses/skirts. Dolls kinda scare me (they always stare at you!) and I actively dislike pink. But I don't like cars or sports, I'm not a fan of male "pride," and I'm not "dominant" (nor am I exactly submissive, to be fair).

I'm not sure where I fall into labels, having a mix of male/female traits. "Gender bender," I guess? I'm not transgender, I know that much, but I don't fall into feminine/masculine roles, either.

·
Registered
264 Posts
My two best friends are gender queer, so I learned about gender and things from them, as they did. Still do :)

I consider myself cisgendered. My friends (as well as feminism) has really opened my eyes to a lot of things I'm supposed to "do" as a female, the biggest one that comes to mind is shaving. They've helped me make the decisions that make me happy, whether or not they fit societal norms. As far as breaking gender expectations, the only obvious one I break is not shaving. I still like feminine clothes, pink, and other feminine things, but I don't necessarily base what kind of woman I am on what society tells me I should be like.

Hope that made sense :proud:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I'm extremely gender blind. Gender is as much a factor in any given situation as hair color. Gender expectations have always baffled me.

I get along superficially better with guys, and intimately better with girls in general.

I have difficulty understanding transgenders. I have no concept of 'feeling' like a gender. I'm a female because my parts are female.

I'm not very feminine by social standards. I don't shave often because it's a pain in the ass. I always wear pants because I feel naked in skirts. I do wear make-up, but it looks more professional for my job. It's not like I'm a tomboy either, though.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I always wear pants because I feel naked in skirts.
This is precisely the reason I only wear skirts/dresses. :laughing:

Oh and I forgot to mention: I don't shave either, because ... screw that. It hurts and it serves no purpose.

·
Registered
264 Posts
This is precisely the reason I only wear skirts/dresses. :laughing:

Oh and I forgot to mention: I don't shave either, because ... screw that. It hurts and it serves no purpose.
I used to wear skirts a lot for that feeling of freedom and the wind on my legs. Now I'm big on sweatpants, because they're just so darn comfy :)

·
Registered
929 Posts
gender what now?
as if someone not thinking im manly enough is going to stop me from doing something i feel like doing.

im a big fan of the quote:
"do what you love, and fuck the rest"

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Mmm, yeah, I'm genderqueer, too. I was very resistant to dealing with the issue for a long time. Now I just sort of let other people interpret my gender however they choose - it's quite funny, because they often think of me as the gender they think is attractive, and then get all confused when they're attracted to me. I try not to be a disruptive sort of creature, but still be myself as much as I can. It's a tricky thing.

Reactions: WyldFire777

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am...

I am one who has chosen to walk as a female soul *clothed* in a male form. Transition to female-form and identity was my first choice, but I have accepted God's challenge to live content in this blended-form. My task now is to remain committed to this challenge, accepting it as a gift, learning to express my femininity in the context of a male body: I want this to be a winsome and comely expression, unique to me, with the force of feminine beauty, grace and sensibility, yet not unbecoming of the male form, nor denying the masculine parts of my soul. (This is a work-in-progress, and I still struggle with gender dysphoria to greater and lesser degrees.)

Poetically, I am a female soul in in a male form. Bluntly, I am a fourty-nine year old MtF transsexual who has chosen to remain in male form out of love and commitment to my spouse. God enables me to endure my body, and I look forward to what He will do for me when I receive my new body from Him in eternity.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,253 Posts
While I am quite stereotypically female in many of my tastes, habits, expectations, style, whatever, I feel like it's just a convenient coincidence. I remember as a child thinking about people as immatereal souls that just happen to have differing physical bodies with which to interact in the world. I have no idea if there is any true diference in mind/spirit between males and females, but it kind of seems like there wouldn't be. I think a great deal of it is just culturaly ingrained expectations and being interacted with in certian ways which makes people take on, or be comfortable with what the culture calls 'male' or 'female' characteristics. *shrug* I think a lot of the expectations are pretty stupid. I think everyone should just be who they are. The expectations make it so confusing for people who don't fit them. But really, why can't you still be a girl who has a lot more in common with the culturally designated traits of a male? And vice versa. I don't think of it as meaning that some people are girls trapped in mens bodies, or men trapped in girls bodies. I don't think it has to mean that exactly, it's just cultural expectations which people may identify with in opposition to what is expected from someone with their physical form.

One of my very good friends who is female seems much more like a guy than a girl in many respects. She is still attracted to men, actually, but without wanting to be seen as a typical woman. So what does that make her? Does this mean she's a gay guy in a woman's body lol. So silly. Why do we insist on associating certain traits with certain genders so much? sigh....

I thought I'd add that while I definately see myself as very feminine, I don't feel like I fit in with the populuar modern picture of 'girly' for a few minor reasons like I don't wear make-up, don't shave my legs very often unless I randomly feel like it, don't obsess over cute guys....actually I probably 'check out' girls more often....though I never really look at anyone with a sexual desire - that's based on emotions. I can be quite giggly and girly, enjoy dresses and doing hair, but I don't enjoy gossip or keeping up with fashion..... But I see my inability to identify with a lot of women as just having to do with culture. I have very old-fashioned womanly ideals. As a child I rememebr thinking about what I thought it meant to be masculine, and trying on that immagined mindset and then deciding it wasn't really me, although I did go through phases where I wished I was a boy (I particularly envied being allowed to go shirtless, heh).

I agree with both of the posts about feeling naked in skirts and pants, heh. I always wear skirts and feel naked if I go out of the house in just pants. But I also always wear pants underneath my skirts because that feels more comfortable to me as well.

I tend to be more attracted to guys who are more feminine rather than the typical 'manly' ones which I often find intimidating and foreign.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts