Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just stumbled upon a test that is supposed to measure your gender identity. (I'm still not allowed to post links so you'll have to find it yourself if you want to take it. Just google 'idrlabs gender roles', it's the first link that comes up.) I got "extremely masculine" and I started wondering if that could be an INTP female specific trait.
My hypothesis is that the cold rationality and emotional detachment that INTPs usually show could manifest in tests like this one as stereotypical masculine traits, therefore making INTP females seem masculine in other people's eyes. (The test, for anyone who doesn't want to bother taking it, gives you a certain trait and asks you whether you have it or not. I assume the 'feminine' traits were the ones like 'sympathetic', 'tender', 'caring' and 'compassionate', whereas 'analytical', 'competitive' and 'forceful' were the 'masculine' ones.)
I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. Could it be that INTP females are hardwired to be perceived as masculine? Have any of you actually experienced this in real life?

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
Gender Role Test
Your personality is:
Result

Your scores:
Masculine: Average
Feminine: Very Low

Reactions: Hexcoder

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
So you're 36 percent...what? Generic squishy?

I think you're less squishy than that. People who are more than 15 percent squishy are a lot more obvious about it.
??????????????????????????????????????

Reactions: Hexcoder and Eryngo

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts

·
Registered
29,051 Posts
I don't really like the androgynous look. But I think some of the expectations placed on men are harmful.

Masculine: Average
Feminine: Average
This makes you Undifferentiated-Androgynous

·
Registered
307 Posts
Meanwhile, I'm 128 percent.

Ok, maybe I've got how the thing is calculated.
How you answer a masculine trait doesn't affect the femminine part and viceversa.
Probably, if you answer neutrally you shall gain +0 on the relative role, if you answer agree/disagree you gain +/- a little bit and if you answer "strongly" agree/disagree you gain +/- a lot.
I've tried to answer "strongly" aree to everything, and in fact I've got 100% on both.

So, this is probably supposed to measure how much you do adhere to each of the gender roles.

I've got this.

Edit: now I've tried to set everything natural and I've got 33% on bot.
So, the neutral is very close to +1.85%.

·
Banned
339 Posts
Gender Role Test

Your scores:
Masculine: Average 58 %
Feminine: Average 47 %
This makes you Undifferentiated-Androgynous

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Today we learnt that if a cognitive test that determines gender exists, we shouldn't try to find it at idrlabs.

Or that there's no correlation between being feminine and being female. Or being masculine and being male.

Or that idrlabs are biased towards feelers for women and thinkers for men.

Hmmm, maybe we didn't really learn anything after all. At least I hope that those who took the test don't feel like they wasted their time. :crazy:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmmm, maybe we didn't really learn anything after all. At least I hope that those who took the test don't feel like they wasted their time. :crazy:
Even the fact that the test is pretty much bullshit is a lesson learnt. Something along the lines of "hey kids, don't trust everything you find on the internet". However, my goal wasn't at all to learn something. Women being feelers and men being thinkers are legitimate stereotypes that are prevalent in society and the test does measure those. The aim of this thread was to see if INTPs, who are hardcore thinkers, would score as 'masculine' on the test. It was pretty much a little experiment of mine. *hopes that people aren't thinking she actually took the test seriously*

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Question 28: Loyal?
Is that feminine or masculine? Why?
Good question.
My guess is that they consider it masculine because of the common notion of females stabbing each other in the back, manipulating others and gossiping, but who knows?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Even the fact that the test is pretty much bullshit is a lesson learnt. Something along the lines of "hey kids, don't trust everything you find on the internet". However, my goal wasn't at all to learn something. Women being feelers and men being thinkers are legitimate stereotypes that are prevalent in society and the test does measure those. The aim of this thread was to see if INTPs, who are hardcore thinkers, would score as 'masculine' on the test. It was pretty much a little experiment of mine. *hopes that people aren't thinking she actually took the test seriously*
To be honest it didn't seem that anybody took it seriously. But I'm curious now - why do you think that men being thinkers and women being feelers are legitimate stereotypes?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts