Personality Cafe banner

Which generation of babies do you feel had the best music experience?

• Baby Boomers 1946-1964

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Generation X 1965-1980

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Millennials 1981-1996

Votes: 1 16.7%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm easily going with the baby boomer generation. Rock music, soul, rhythm and blues, funk, reggae, jazz etc etc peaked pre 1980s and we witnessed the greatest talents then as well. No MTV (thank god).

The baby boomer youth culture of the 50s-70s was amazing musically.

Which is why I feel a little bad for those born between 1970-1976 since they missed out on that good stuff.

Anyways... What about you fellas?

Premium Member
Idk. I find great music in all those times. I was born 1980 btw.
Come to think of it maybe I don't know so much of the Boomers gen music (or maybe I do since I play the organ come to think of it and have lots of notes for older songs).
It's kinda like choosing a color when all colors are nice in their own way 馃樀

Registered
Baby Boomers but for different reasons.

Nowadays there's too much too do while music and occassionally going to movie theatres was the only thing baby boomers could do in terms of access to art and modern entertainment. So more baby boomers simply were very interested in music than our generation is

We however have the luck to be able to listen to 60's or 70's music and that of today depending on what we like and with greater access than anyone ever before us.

Registered
Fool
In all periods there is good music, maybe the last 20 years are not to my liking because the use of auto tuners and the percussion being sampled (some exceptions such as the soundtrack of Nier automata is incredible), but I still find good music if i try. of course, nothing compares to listening to scriabin or chopin (I'm a melancholic).

But now there is more music than in all of history, what we hear on the internet is probably 0.001% of the music that has been created now, it is like finding a needle in a haystack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts