Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentle people - do you get uncomfortable around them?

I have noticed that some people go out of their way to be mean to the most gentle of our population. Why is that?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I don't know, but I wonder if gentle poeple have thought I was bieng mean to them when I was just being me. I can be a bit direct, and sometimes insensitive. Are gentle people necessarily sensitive types as well?

Apart from that I can think of several reasons why gentle poeple might get metaphorically kicked by others. None of them are nice. It might stem from the gnetle person's beliefs, or the abuser's insecuritues,for example.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I don't know, but I wonder if gentle poeple have thought I was bieng mean to them when I was just being me. I can be a bit direct, and sometimes insensitive. Are gentle people necessarily sensitive types as well?
My wife's an INFP and she frequently calls me an insensitive asshole and jokingly says "you're so emotionally mean to me", when I'm just being myself. And this woman has known me for over 15 years. Hell, my mom's also an INFP and she doesn't really understand that I'm not being mean. She'll see me with one of my cats and say "oh, look, you do have a heart".

So, yes, some people do think you're being mean to them just for being yourself. I'm pretty direct too and not everyone enjoys that.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Usually, the big meanies are just bullies at heart who try to validate their own significance by undermining others. Completely immature. But sometimes, very rarely though, along comes a true sadist who does it for self-gratification without the insecurities attached.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
some people are just too sensitive though.. you can just be joking around teasing and someone who was assertive and secure would play along type thing, wheras a "gentle" person automatically assumes the worst and gets all huffy about it. which just makes me laugh even more.. it's very far from bullying, in fact it means i feel affection toward the person. eventually ill get the sense that they're being offended (even though they shouldn't) and play the "i'm sorry, have a hug" card.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I have noticed that some people go out of their way to be mean to the most gentle of our population. Why is that?
People are just plain assholes sometimes...:angry:

Reactions: Blue Butterfly
1 - 8 of 8 Posts