Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been friends for about 6 months and we're not that talking-to-everyday close but our friendship is fine. Then one day he asked to borrow me 5$ and was stubborn of returning it. So on Saturday (3 days later), I told him tomorrow would be the deadline of his debt and he agreed. But then on Sunday when I had class with him he wouldn't give me back my 5$ and even ignored me. I was real mad but it was selfish and childish to disturb the ongoing class so I held myself back. Until mins later my friend who was sitting next to me borrowed his book, I suddenly got the urge to scribble all over it so I did. It clearly shocked him up but he tried to save his face by challenging me to a "battle" after class. The whole idea is ridiculous but I accepted anyway. He's a big guy so he would win for sure, but I was curious of how he would pull that shit off since he's such a nerd. But after class instead he begged me to forgive him and gave him one more day cuz he didn't bring money with him anyway. And so next day he did give me the 5$. Now you would think I was overreacting, but the way I think is that if the money was bigger, I would give him more time, but it was only 5$ so he had to give it back quick. Also you can't let people go of anything because they will always take advantage of it. Anyway, and so I thought everything was settled and back to normal, but his reaction towards me do not. From that on he seemed to avoid me or only said very few words to me. Then about weeks later he borrowed my friend 53$ to go eat sushi but a week after that still hadn't pay it back. Eventually my ISFJ friend got fed up and told me about it, so I got over his class and asked him to return the money, which he did immediately. This guy's basically scared of me for pussy reasons. But then on he just stops acknowledging my existence all together. So now I ask you guys how to get back with him because he's overally a great guy to be with, except for the money matter. Thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
No idea, never lend money because there's 0 advantages for you, they'll not pay back on time causing you to chase them up, if they don't pay on time they're thinking in their head to avoid you so they're valuing you less as a person, if you eventually get your money the friendship will be so torn and awkward it's not worth lending in the first place.

In terms of rebuilding the friendship, idk I don't think I could be friends with someone like that who is so weak and lies about paying money back and even snakes going to other people so it's hard to say. Just push him around a bit in a jokey way, he'll soften up but you'll still remain your dominance lol.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
We have been friends for about 6 months and we're not that talking-to-everyday close but our friendship is fine. Then one day he asked to borrow me 5$ and was stubborn of returning it. So on Saturday (3 days later), I told him tomorrow would be the deadline of his debt and he agreed. But then on Sunday when I had class with him he wouldn't give me back my 5$ and even ignored me. I was real mad but it was selfish and childish to disturb the ongoing class so I held myself back. Until mins later my friend who was sitting next to me borrowed his book, I suddenly got the urge to scribble all over it so I did. It clearly shocked him up but he tried to save his face by challenging me to a "battle" after class. The whole idea is ridiculous but I accepted anyway. He's a big guy so he would win for sure, but I was curious of how he would pull that shit off since he's such a nerd. But after class instead he begged me to forgive him and gave him one more day cuz he didn't bring money with him anyway. And so next day he did give me the 5$. Now you would think I was overreacting, but the way I think is that if the money was bigger, I would give him more time, but it was only 5$ so he had to give it back quick. Also you can't let people go of anything because they will always take advantage of it. Anyway, and so I thought everything was settled and back to normal, but his reaction towards me do not. From that on he seemed to avoid me or only said very few words to me. Then about weeks later he borrowed my friend 53$ to go eat sushi but a week after that still hadn't pay it back. Eventually my ISFJ friend got fed up and told me about it, so I got over his class and asked him to return the money, which he did immediately. This guy's basically scared of me for pussy reasons. But then on he just stops acknowledging my existence all together. So now I ask you guys how to get back with him because he's overally a great guy to be with, except for the money matter. Thanks.
tl dr

1 - 14 of 14 Posts