Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi INFPs! I love you guys. I've been fortunate to have many deep, exciting, hurtful, growth-filled friendships and romantic relationships with INFPs. So, of course facilitated by an INFP, I've found myself leading Vancouver, Canada's MBTI Meetup group for over a year now and just as a gift to my many friends I've found there I've been working on an almost-complete book on MBTI I will self-publish, print, and give away to our members.

Essentially I'm writing a book which is a collection of essays on each MBTI type. I'm mostly done but I've encountered some unexpected writer's block on the INFP essay which is only about half as long as I'd like it to be...So I'm reaching out to you for inspiration.

Any myths or misconceptions about INFPs you'd like to clear up?

Anything you wish the other types (especially the intuitive types because, lets be frank, that's my audience) should know about INFPs?

Anything you say will be anonymous but you might have a small part in helping educate and inspire a small group of intuitives in one small region of this rock we call our home :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mmmmhhh ....

1. "INFP are oversensitive". True to an extent. But they can also be one of the most stoic and emotionnally resilient of all types.

2. "INFPs are unable to cope with reality". Young undeveloped INFPs can be led to feel this way. Growing INFPs (those who allow the imput of Si and Te) are in fact very grounded in the sense they know how to adapt their principles to their limits and to reality, making some of them very moderate and sage-like. They also have a surprisingly entrepreneurial streak (due to their - uncounscious - desire to integrate Te).

3. "INFPs are dumb". Each of the 4 IN types tend to be significantly represented amongst gifted people.

4. "INFPs are whimsical and quirky". Outwardly at least (Ne). Truth is : INFP are funny outside, serious inside. Fi in itself is a dead-serious, humorless function. For further data on this subject, see the depiction of socionics' INFjs (the rough equivalent of MBTI's INFPs.)

5. INFPs are very open-minded. Yep but less so than perceivers-first (EN*P, IN*J). See point 4.

That's all for now.

·
Registered
INFP 6w5 629
1,046 Posts
Well we love you too.

I hope your book gets published, but other than that I couldn't come up with anything to your questions sowwie 🥑

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks @YvonneZemski Tis book is done, if anyone wants a copy emailed to them just DM me. I might even be able to attach it to the DM reply.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts