Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't get dressed unless I've got somewhere to go. When I'm home, it's yoga pants and a tank top or t-shirt. I'll do my hair and makeup in the morning, but other than that, I could stay in pj's all day long. Getting comfortable is the first thing I do when I get home, even when I have to go back out in a couple hours. I just hate wearing real clothes when I don't have to.

Anyone else?

Reactions: TBK

·
Registered
314 Posts
Jeans/shorts and a t-shirt + flannel/hoodie/denim jacket if it's cold, sweat pants all day e'ryday at the house though.

It's like walking around in a sleeping bag, so damn comfy, and really, who do we have to impress in our own houses in our free time?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Oh yeah, totally. And barefoot as much as possible. For some reason I like to wear shorts a lot when at home, especially when it's winter, but never really wear them outside. Especially when it's winter.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ ♂
16,643 Posts
Of course, what's the point of being uncomfortable in "outside clothing" when I can be totally comfortable with "inside clothing?"

·
Registered
314 Posts
Barefoot is the best thing ever.

Moved to a beach town this past May. I wore shoes for (what i would guess to be) about 30 hours total from May until September. Stores, work (as ocean rescue), the bar (when they didn't kick me out for it), all barefoot. Best feeling ever.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
sweatpants at home, shirts optional. I always dress for comfort unless I am trying to impress a specific person.

Reactions: Sporadic Aura

·
Registered
423 Posts
I wear pj pants, a tee-shirt and my bathrobe at home during the colder months (a friend of mine had a pajama party themed birthday party last month where I wore the same outfit--40 or so people all in pj's...that was one of the best times I've ever had at a party). In the summer, I generally wear boxer shorts and nothing else. I also tend to recycle around-the-house clothes quite a bit.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I must be the weird one (which, in a group of ENTPs, has got to be saying something). I hate not being dressed. I also hate being in my work clothes. As soon as I get home from work and on weekends within an hour after getting up (I can chill in pjs for about an hour), I put on my nice comfortable cargo pants, a t-shirt and sneakers (although I don't mind the barefoot thing either). For me that's more comfortable than being in pjs. I like being able to get up and go outside or take an impromptu walk to the store or, if someone suddenly says they're going somewhere, being like "I'll go with you!" and just being all ready. When I stay in my pjs all day, I feel like the day is wasted and I'm missing out on possibilities. *shrug*

·
decorum worshiper
8,993 Posts
When I know I'm going to be kicking it alone with just my two dogs I just randomly pick the first two articles of clothing I see that are reasonable (for how warm/cold it is) and there you go. If my family is around and I have no plans I might still do that or I might actually dress in case someone decides to go somewhere and I want to go with them. Basically the same reasons Devin said, more or less.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
I'm gonna try going barefoot 24/7 again.

This is the second slipper I've DESTROYED this season.

Back on topic. I hate pants, they won't let my legs breathe (before you ask, they're not skinny jeans, and they fit just fine, it's just that my legs aren't used to feeling fabric on 100% of it, and probably never will) so I wear shorts as much as I can, even though I hate being cold when I'm awake (sleeping while cold is awesome, and a bad habit, along with falling asleep/yawning loudly when bored), I prefer wearing zip-hoodie things when going outside though, like I said. Do not want cold.

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,829 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Naked.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I love this post. Sweats or long johns, spagetti straps, and big flannel shirt, with what a roomate called "who hair" - (Dr Suess character at home).
Sales call presentation in public.
Grocery store? - Sales call top, oldest jeans bottom?
I have worked at home quite a few years and always had my sales call "garanamals" ready to jump into as needed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I like to be naked as much as poss at home haha! Wearing clothes is too much effort when you're not doing anything. But I do make an effort to look nice when I go out and have an annoying tic where I hate to let people see me wear the same thing twice, so choosing clothes always takes ages!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts