Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't drawn anything except for my drawing class for the past couple of weeks or even months now. Every time I sit down to try to get myself to draw I usually end up distracting myself with something else or just sit there looking at the blank page. I want to improve my drawing skills and I seem to have hit a wall or in a funk.

Any ideas and advice?

· Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why are you drawing in the first place? What words are you using when trying to get yourself to do it? Does it feel like a task, a journey, work, fun, or a grueling chore?
Do you have a deep feeling of inspiration? Anything you'd like to express through art? Any epiphonies lately that might help influence your creative thoughts?
The reason I am drawing is so I can do fan art, draw my own characters so I can get a better understanding on how they look and how they may act/behave, also want to be able to draw comics/graphic novels, and experiment with doing animation. I do write, but I am more visual then verbal and I prefer the visual type of medium for a large majority of story/character concepts and ideas I have come up with over the years.

It does feel more like a task/grueling chore most of the time since I am still not very skill and sometimes not really sure where to begin. But it is also fun. I sometimes just doodle random stuff on notes in school to alleviate boredom.

Deep feeling of inspiration... I usually get some of that feeling of inspiration when looking at great drawings on deviant art, watching a good animated series/movies, and the art work in some graphic novels. But they sometimes also intimidate as well. Not really sure what I want to express exactly.

The expressions will be different character to character and depending on content/context.

Only epiphanies I have had lately creatively was on the one story I am currently working on writing. I already determined that it is going to be linked to one of the story ideas involving one specific character that is more of a visual based story. The epiphany that I had was the ending involving that character and the supporting characters being introduced where originally I was just going to have it end after the characters in the story parts came to an end.

Thank you for your input.:proud:

· Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bump.

Haven't been able to get myself to do anything for the pass couple of months. I have two stories only partially written, drawing I just can't get myself to do, and making AMVs I haven't done one in so long. And I kind of want to try to get in the amv contest next Otakon. Why the hell can't I get myself to do anything? It's not like roaming the internet and passing out at my computer is more entertaining or fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.