Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live alone with my puppy, and for the most part I am content at home alone doing my own thing. In the last two weeks I have built a couch table, installed wifi light switches with voice activation throughout the entire house, mostly finished the walls in my garage on the way to making it a "finished space", and learned how to read stock market data and began doing some day trading.

All of this is indoors and doable by myself, no dependence on anyone else. I like being independant.

I'm a service technician driving from site to site never really having anymore than a few words of conversation with any customer. Outside of those interactions and seeing some family and family friends for holiday stuff I haven't really talked to anyone.

I'm beginning to crave companionship. Not in any type of physical way, just having even a short stint of emotional relevance. Something to pull myself out of my own head for a few days.

Being in my early 30's, the few people I call friends, are all parents with significant others and live far enough away that we rarely see each other. Usually when we get together everyone wants to go out to a bar or a club and that's not really my scene, I don't do well in loud crowded spaces :crying: I'm also fairly shy so meeting new people tends to be an issue.

I know this doesn't particularly only pertain to INFPs, but I know there are enough of us shut-ins that hopefully I can get a little advice on how you deal with the desire for companionship.

Are there any particular activities anyone would suggest that could help me interact with more people without having to be in the "spotlight". I'm actually a pretty good conversationalist once I get going. It's really just the initial ice breaking that terrifies me into being a hermit.

Sorry this post jumping all over the place, my brain seems to be malfunctioning right now, possibly due to all the turkey consumed at dinner tonight and the desire for sleep with the inability due to racing thoughts.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions of just for reading my babble this long.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Try meetup.com? There's lot's of cool little things you can find on there. Even in the tiny place I live in (if you don't mind driving kinda far)

In regards to bars/clubs, maybe try going to some kind of alternative club or place where they play cool music you like. I've never been to one, but I'd imagine there would be lots of people like you who aren't into the whole large groups of people thing and are just there for the music/drinks/need to get outsider. You'll probably find them at the edges, close to the wall, you just gotta make the effort, get some courage and approach them because they're probably not gonna approach you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts