Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stage One: ENFP will start feeling a bit lonely and disconnected. They will think it's just a stage that will pass, and will try to ignore it.

Stage Two: The ENFP will start feeling even more lonely, this can usually be brought about by having a hard time with family or feeling like they are insecure in their relationships in general. Stage One increases, and the ENFP will start feeling anxious.

Stage Three: The ENFP's feeling of anxiousness will become overbearing, and they may feel extremely insecure when talking to other people. They lose the quick wit and charm they used to have. The smile will because more nervous and the laugh will become less natural. They will still be trying to convince themselves it;s just a stage that they are going through and that nothing is wrong.

Stage Four: ENFP will most likely hit shut down mode. They will not talk to other people about their feelings or what is going on unless asked specific, prying questions. They will have a really hard time talking to people and feeling like they can relate. They will start coming across as an introvert.

Stage Five: The ENFP will be extremely stressed, lonely, and emotional. May start bursting out randomly and be extremely moody. Will experience periods of highs and lows. The ENFP may start crying over something seemingly insignificant. They will do this because there is so much bottled feelings up inside and that may have been the last thing to set them off edge.

Stage Six: The ENFP will start lashing out at other people like above, but more extremely. Will most likely show complete and utter disregard for authority. They will also start hurting the people they care about, to make them back off and go away. All the while the ENFP, through the stages, will try to convince themselves that nothing is wrong and that they will get better, and thus the problem worsens.

Stage Seven: They will finally admit to themselves that there is a problem but try consciously to contradict it. They will try to force themselves to relax and be wonderful again. They will try to establish the facts- what the problems is, how it went wrong, and what to do.

Stage Eight: If it gets worse at this point, the ENFP will not be acting like themselves at all. They will not be thinking clearly, and will most likely suffer from being illogical, irrational, and as well may suffer from extremely headaches. They will give up on caring and will not pay attention to the world around them, instead focusing all of their energy into their inner world of what they feel and dwell on it. They will no longer have any motivation to care or do the things they love.

Stage Nine: Your ENFP will start enjoying dark humor ad freaking other people out for the hell of it, especially the people they care about. However, at this stage they will not do this too extremely to the people they care about because their is that small piece of the ENFP that wants to hold the relationship in tact. They will push you away and drag you back in, and become and emotional roller coaster for anyone and everyone around them. If you ask what is wrong, the ENFP will completely shoot you down unless it is in a structured environment and they think that you are somebody that they can trust. However at this point the ENFP will become extremely untrusting, so talking to them about anything is much like walking on fragile glass about to fall apart and break forever. The ENFP will hold grudges.

Stage Ten: Complete personality turnaround, the ENFP will have lost it, or will have appeared to. Complete emotional instability and recklessness. They will be completely and utterly impulsive to the point of stupidity. They will not care about their well being or anybody else's. At this point, the ENFP will be so far in their heads it will be nearly impossible to get through to them unless you sink to his or her own level of insanity and instability. They will have given up on life altogether, and will most likely have forgotten what it was like to really feel alive and well again.

Ok, in not being sure what I wanted to do for a career i took the myers briggs test. Not the real one just the one online so, maybe its wrong but after taking the test many, many times and ENFP showing up time and time again I find that there is little to doubt. But anyway, I know I've fought with depression, maybe even bipolar, I'm not for sure. I've been searching for me, at least the me that will make me happy. and taking the persona of ENFP and applying it instead of sitting on the couch and wishing that i could go find something fun to do. Is just awesome. Went out the other night and just let go. I had a blast.

I've seen this list above that gives the stages an ENFP goes through in depression. I know I've been hovering around stage three and four. Occasionally i can manage to get out of the funk and force myself to go out and socialize again. But i still feel insecure. I love to meet knew people, have fun, get the party going and just go with the flow once the ball starts moving. But when you start looking at the world and suddenly you can't figure out a damn thing to say it sucks. I know i'm in a funk, and i've been in a funk for a very long time.

Job doesn't help. I applied for a customer service position and I got slammed into sales. Telemarketing sales to boot. Every day I'm hearing people that don't want to talk to me. Some even cuss me out. Then to top that off, I've lost belief in my product. I hate selling it cause i can see no value and don't understand why or how it'll will help prospects other than give them a hard time. I'm starting to think that i will be going on a downward spiral quickly. In fact every day I wish i could tell my boss to go fuck himself and to take his crappy product and shove it up his ass. Its a phone service so maybe he can fart and call the president and tell him what a shitty job he's doing with the economic recovery.

I Just want to go back to having fun and enjoying my life again. :crying: Please if there are any other ENFP's out there that have had this delimmia or has gone through this. please tell me how you got out of it and what i need to do to get out of the funk and get my life back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey i can relate to what your saying. Its hard because it feels like you have lost something that once made you your speacial self.

I became very depressed after smoking cannabis ALOT to the point i wouldnt even talk anymore! was very strange and very weird and it upsets me now to even try and go back to that time. people turned their backs on me, no one was there for me, but tell you what i am a bloody strong person for it now, and also wised me up alot, i was very trusting and very niave before all that, which yes i do kind of miss, but this is the character i am now.

I cant help but think why me? a lot of people respected me, i was always popular amound my friends, and my family adored me. this shit really ruined all that, and gave me alot more shit in years to come. But i believe this was a patch in my life in which i will need at some point, because i am really clued up now to people, i can read people just from being an introvert for 5 years, the words you choose, body language etc and im sure there are skills you have picked up from being depressed that you would not have took the time to notice, if you werent so observant and quite. I believe are destinys are mapped out for us in that sense

more to the point. i remained depressed until about a year ago, after i finished taking prozac, which i believe restored some sort of chemical normaily in my brain, i am ok now. not happy. but i am ok. i have my days where i feel like fun good time me, and other days where i feel abit off, but i am not crying and i get my arse to work and am able to act as if im ok, like everyone else does! those who arent depressed or never been depressed! that much is normal.

i too wish i could let go abit more, let people see my funny side more and bit abit more social and want to get to know people.

But what i tell myself, and what ill tell you is that i will do it in my own time, when i want and when i am ready. I am not confident enough yet to take on the responsibility of being social and having parties etc nor am i comfortable enough yet in my own skin to let everyone in and get burned along the way. I just aint ready! because i am not ready to pick myself back up.

so take your time. so do whats comfortable until your ready to expand your comfort zone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe that's my problem. I'm wanting to get back out there now and I'm not giving myself the benefit of the doubt. Never have been one with alot of patience. If I'm genuinely interested in something it grabs my whole attention but if not I'm kinda off the beaten path for the lack of better words. I'm thinking this may just be another characteristic of the ENFP. But, yeah never been one for waiting when i could be out having fun. Its hard to let yourself go when you've been trampled and betrayed alot. You want to open up and let people see how much fun you can be, but then there is that little voice inside you that doesn't want to go to over the top because you aren't sure what other people would think and you actually care what people think. Though guys aren't supposed to care about those things. That's the really hard part. Sometimes I love being the sensitive guy, It gives me awesome ammunition to pour out into poetry and art. But in that same sense it also leaves me very vulnerable to being hurt. And i've been hurt many times. So, you find yourself fighting the feeling part of yourself and once you start doing that it becomes a deadly spiral that takes you down into the pits of depression. In those stages I have had the urges to drop all the way down. I think the only thing that has been stopping me was very deep set morals. But it gets scary. But yeah, you might be right to just let it take its course. And who knows maybe since i know what i am and who i am now there is no reason to fight it. After all I am who I am right? So why keep fighting it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts