Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mastodon Hunter
8,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a really long time since my ex and I broke up, about two years. I don't really wish we were still together, and am definitely past the post break-up sadness phase, but every now and then, when something reminds me of her, I can't help but feel melancholic, idk if that word is used properly but it came to mind.

She's someone I really wanted to marry and was deeply in love, and in fact I still love her but not in a romantic way. But it's been so long, I am starting to wonder if I will ever be 100% over her?

It feels as if there will always be a part of me that misses her regardless of how much time passes, and even when I am talking to other girls... Idk. This thread is kind of shitty, I know but maybe someone has some advice on getting over someone that I haven't heard before. I don't feel it's all that healthy for me to keep missing someone who's long gone.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It was a relationship & a very deep one at that. Sorry, but it's going to linger. There will be times where you'll totally go "(name)? (name), who?" 'cause you've accepted that it didn't work out. Other times you're going to feel just like when you wrote that post. (If for example:) Other times you'll be hopeful because hey, you're getting along again. I'm sorry, but that's the reality of it. Though eventually I think you accept it as bittersweet memory & wish her happiness, but most importantly, forgive. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
It'll continue to fade over the years but yeah there may be times where you think back and miss parts of a relationship. It's normal to mourn those losses. Just try not to dwell on them too much, we're a remarkably resilient species and you'll go through ups and downs most of your life. You can choose to focus on the down parts or realize they are just bumps in the road on your way to the high points. Learn what you can from those bumps and then move on.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Sadly, once someone has made that kind of impact on your heart, you never really stop loving them. Even when you find another person who makes you equally happy, who you love just as much, you will sometimes think back to past loves because of the ways they've influenced your life. I think the best thing to do for yourself in that situation is to remember them in happy ways. Once you're completely over them, remember the best parts of the relationship and let those memories make you smile. Be thankful for the time you had together, rather than regretting that it had to end.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
find someone else.

personally, whenever i'm with a new girl i know i won't be "getting over her". it's not my style, i've left some part of me with each of those girls. always a place in my heart for them. instead of "getting over her", i try to "get past her". that's worked a lot better. just to understand that maybe she's someone you're always going to have strong feelings for, regardless of the outcome of your relationship. some girls i fully anticipate i'll be thinking about when i'm 80, wrinkled, and grey. but, that's ok..because what was supposed to have happened, will have happened. i wouldn't be the person i am today without some of the women who have graced my life. why get over her? remember the good times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.