Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Citalopram I'm on have been a life saver if im honest, without them i certainly wouldn't of been able to go back work.They have calmed down my neurotic, i still think negative things, but i can't feel the negative things.Its like the tablets put a barrier up and hardly let anything through to the feeling side.The down side of these tablets is that I'm seriously lacking in energy, today I've enough sleep, and feel tired early on again.

Another thing, im so confused about what i wanna do job wise/career wise.My ideal career would be electronic music production/DJ'ing and i've been working really really hard in that area, every day for hours in the studio trying to get the sound I'm after.I'm coming close to have releasable material, but money wise I'm slacking too.

Really feels like everyday is a big effort to get through, like i should sleep, but then, i have this drive to complete my production work.So confused right now, i really need to get my head into gear and figure out what i want

·
Registered
163 Posts
@Targus28

I'm wondering if you have society anxiety...Sorry to be blunt. Because I used to have mild society anxiety which gives me many negative thoughts. I too live in UK and I realised people beside me are pretty negative. Sort of take away the little hope that I've left. Frankly, because I'm an INFP, staying alone pretty much recharges me to cope with the challenges ahead.

My best cure is to watch movies that touches my heart and have deep meanings which make me reflect myself. Don't know if you like anime or not, I recently watched an anime called 'Whisper of the Heart' by Hayao Miyazaki. An inspiring movie which might provide you some insights of being oneself. Best to watch alone at night, with least disturbance, that's what I did. Don't think they are childish. I love all his movies actually and I hope every one can like them too.

My thoughts are not to rely on the pills. Do you have a few days to regulate your life a little bit. Go jogging in a beautiful sunny day might help, though I know it's pretty rainy for these two weeks. Listen to some music. My favourite band is Muse. Their music usually makes me feel better for some reason.

For the financial matters,....anyone you think might help? Or else is it possible to find a temporary part-time job to save some money first? I can't think of any other better plans...

I really hope I can help you. Wish you best of luck :D

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure whats gave you the impression of Social Anxiety, i have to admit, i was very like that 6 years ago, now i cope with it better, i was even a sales person 5 months back and did pretty well.I don't like being out in open areas walking around by myself, but i would say that's just bordom more than anything of not being with anyone.I would say i lean more towards Anxiety Neurotic, i always have trouble on making decisions, my minds feels like its just wandering about a lot of the time, i find it hard to concentrate on anything but my music production.I have a hard time controlling my negative emotions too, which the tablets help calm down.Its just this feeling of lethargy that is getting me down.I will look into some good movies, might be a good solution.I think i need to start sleeping normal hours too.Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi

I feel for you! I was on Citalopram. Didn't work, so they put me on stronger stuff. On that I started hearing voices telling me to kill myself - which I almost succeeded in.

I have since them stopped taking ANY medication, since anti-depressants screw up my synaesthesia. Not that I recommend you do it.

I sympathise with you though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts