Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys :proud:

I'm curious about what some good ENFJ gifts are? I know that ENFJs like thoughtful gifts :wink: but I'm just curious about a general list of ideas for gifts. OR perhaps a way to go about gift giving, or how to think about giving gifts to a special ENFJ in your life?

I know INFJs and ENFJs are probably very similar in this respect, but I wonder what some of the differences might be with Fe-Ni Ni-Fe switches? Any thoughts?

Also, how do you guys feel about receiving a rather expensive (but practical) gift from someone special? Does it make you uncomfortable or would you just take the gift? Does "societal norms" affect your comfort? (IE: Girl giving a guy versus a guy giving a girl).

Mmmm... I wonder

It's important for me to find out, as I'm about to spend some major mulah on something for my ENFJ (practical but expensive gift haha). I'm not sure how an ENFJ might take this?

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
What does he do on his free time? Any interests? Anything he's into or sentimental about? I think that kind of thing is the good gift. Perfectly tailored to a person's interests and lifestyle. I'd think most people could spot a generic gift anyway.

Our buddy is a really handy guy, likes tinkering with shit and fixes a lot of things in junky yet innovative ways. I plan on getting him a Leatherman multitool for his birthday. They're super sexy.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Well, you probably know this already, but he'll probably love anything that he receives from you. ENFJs are all about the thought that counts, however, it's best if it actually interests him, you know?

Okay that's all obvious stuff. I guess the best thing to give would be something that he wouldn't expect. Something romantic? Something unique? Something that will make him say "wow, she must really love me if she put that much effort into this gift!". The options are limitless really. I'd say go with your heart, don't stress it too much.

Regarding receiving expensive gifts, it makes me a little uncomfortable since it's hard for me to imagine someone would spend so much money on me, but then I remember that only means they must really appreciate me/love me/want to make me happy. Society/gender doesn't really affect my reaction, unless it's a girl I'm into/already in a relationship with, then it gains tremendous value to me no matter how much money is spent on it.

Reactions: Ethanol

·
Registered
ISFP
5,020 Posts
I don't know if it's because I'm an ENFJ or not but I most appreciate practical gifts. Like I'd take a month's supply of toilet paper over a bottle of perfume any day. (Though I'd make an exception for essential oils.) As a suggestion, I'd suggest some college ruled spiral notebooks or like a bunch of bic lighters if they are a smoker. Some nice black ink pens maybe? I guess it would depend on their interests.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts

For the most part, I believe that ENFJs are sorta "Shut up and take my money!" kinda people cause of our very outwardly expressive demeanor. This means that if you hang out with us, you'll know our sorta desires and wants. I mean, my Facebook wall is literally plastered with status after status of Overwatch prior to release.

So meeting that desire is definitely a welcome thing as it is also another way of saying that - you care about us and actually listen and paid attention to our jibber jabber about the next thing we're fawning over. It's really not that hard.

One caveat though is (provided your ENFJ has good memory and seldom receives gifts) that there'll be some sort of emotional association between you and the gift, even many years down the line. This can be good when you're together and married and never have to spend a moment apart but if you're not together, he'll probably be reminded of you everytime he plays Uncharted / watch Avengers / turns on his Xbox One / eats shark fin soup / drinks bird nest / lubricates the vibrator / gets a massage / eat crickets from Thailand / etc.

As for receiving gifts, I kinda welcome the idea in a certain way cause looking further into it, these kinda things are what's almost expected in relationships - giving and receiving love to one another. To a certain degree, I think an ENFJ that's not comfortable with receiving gifts is one that's had a pretty shitty childhood or one that just doesn't do enough for other people that he or she feels guilty for getting something nice.

Unlike ISFJs with mops and brooms, there's no one present that all ENFJs will appreciate *shots fired* which takes into account that we're all individuals with our own specific interests and desires. Thankfully for you, we've very vocal about shit we like.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I don't know if it's because I'm an ENFJ or not but I most appreciate practical gifts. Like I'd take a month's supply of toilet paper over a bottle of perfume any day. (Though I'd make an exception for essential oils.) As a suggestion, I'd suggest some college ruled spiral notebooks or like a bunch of bic lighters if they are a smoker. Some nice black ink pens maybe? I guess it would depend on their interests.
MMm.mmmmm gimme gimme that grocery store gift-card.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
What does he do on his free time? Any interests? Anything he's into or sentimental about? I think that kind of thing is the good gift. Perfectly tailored to a person's interests and lifestyle. I'd think most people could spot a generic gift anyway.

Our buddy is a really handy guy, likes tinkering with shit and fixes a lot of things in junky yet innovative ways. I plan on getting him a Leatherman multitool for his birthday. They're super sexy.

Ooooo, I want one.

Reactions: Ethanol

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
So after reading this thread I conclude that the best gift ever for an ENFJ would be a blank check! Let the ENFJ fill in the amount!
Hey, you're struggling? Here's what you need to survive.

Hey, you're doing well and could use some money to afford something fun?

Hey, you're- ah fuck it we don't need to justify why money is a great gift.

·
Registered
ISFP
5,020 Posts
OMG YES! A cute little cloud card filled with cashola! Now that would be a GREAT gift. (A plain envelope would be okay too.) I have to agree about cash being the best gift. What's more practical than a license to spend (or save) however you choose.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts