Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ENTJ housemate is leaving and I want to get him the perfect leaving gift. Normally I go for cake :) but I'd kinda like to give him something non-perishable this time. Have been thinking about strategy games or shiny, new gagdets like on this website:

ThinkGeek :: Gadgets

Do you have any suggestions on what you would love and appreciate??

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Ooh, ooh... I know the answer to this one

*nothing*

... and I wish my family would/could understand this - for every occasion. I'm perfectly capable of getting anything I want, in a material sense.

·
Registered
648 Posts
If you insist on getting a gift, I agree with Sigmund.

Perhaps a good question would be: "ENTJs, what is the best gift you've ever gotten", which for me, the answer would be a book, music, or as you mentioned, something techy.
That's just me.

Diphy might say a gun.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I like gifts that are simple (so I don't feel indebted/ uncomfortable/ overanalyze about it) and useful. A plus if I can use it often/ for everyday living.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Being an INFJ, I would trust your own gift giving ability. If you're anything like my INFJ friend, you would do a much better job than anything we could suggest.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll do fine.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for your suggestion and comments...I'm kinda tempted with this - seems kinda apt:

mental_floss store :: Home & Office :: Descartes Disappearing Mug

You're right, Troisi, we are quite good at coming up with things that are specific to the person in question..the trouble is, I never know when that intuitive aha moment will strike, which is difficult when you have an actual deadline. that's why i prefer giving gifts randomly, just when I see something I know a person would like.

JHBowden, I'm totally with you - one of my best gifts ever was a tin of peaches, doesn't costs a lot, but so personal (they're my ultimate comfort food!)

I'm wondering if there's something like a rubik's cube, just much much harder, that'll keep him entertained until he's mastered it :-S

·
Registered
393 Posts
Any leadership or self improvement books might be great.... ENTJs always week to improve themselves

Reactions: Lesuhlee

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found it!

This weekend, I went to a festival and past a store selling little tin boats to put in the bathtub, that are steam powered, so you have to light a candle thing to make them work. they're so cool, and esp since he was a deep sea fisherman for a couple of years and was gonna be the merchant navy is perfect! :crazy:

I'm so happy; thanks for al your help and pointers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.