Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of the simplest, coolest gifts/surprises you've ever gotten?

·
Registered
761 Posts
As long as it's a gift from someone with good intentions, I consider it a cool gift. ^^

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
A handwritten letter with markers on plain white paper. I got it for my birthday 4 years ago from a friend. I still keep it near me to this day. It symbolizes a lot of stuff for me. I'll probably keep it around until the day I exit this earth.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Yes, something permanent and something you did out of your own free will not out of compulsion or under social norms, etc.

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
4,690 Posts
a good bone.

(... bacula tend to be in the more affordable and simple range. although nature's gift card is also cool.)

·
Registered
790 Posts
A parrot in a pirate disguisse.

Reactions: cnote

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
What are some of the simplest, coolest gifts/surprises you've ever gotten?
Anybody in particular you shopping for? A good gift from a girlfriend would be considerably different from a good gift from a mother, sister, or close friend.

Marvel MIGHTY MUGGS Wolverine

Younger brother got it for me as a gift with one of his first pay checks.
That would be awesome :)

Other than that, books, but they'd have to be very carefully selected. But there's nothing like getting that toy you always wanted as a kid when you're an adult :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
can't go wrong with books.

for me the best gift I was ever given was by an ENFP, she made me a basket filled with baked goodies (cookies, cake, muffins, scones)

there was a huge variety and I could see how she spent so much time on it... I was overwhelmed

to this day it was the greatest gift I had ever gotten... I felt all warm and fuzzy on my insides.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
can't go wrong with books.
...unless you already own it...

for me the best gift I was ever given was by an ENFP, she made me a basket filled with baked goodies (cookies, cake, muffins, scones)

there was a huge variety and I could see how she spent so much time on it... I was overwhelmed

to this day it was the greatest gift I had ever gotten... I felt all warm and fuzzy on my insides.
DO WANT. T_T

·
Registered
29 Posts
Okay well to make my long story short: I went to Germany as an exchange student in 2010 and I went with my host mother to her parents' house. I had never met them before. As we were leaving my host mother's father wanted to give me a small wall decoration (I don't know what it's called) that is a piece of wood with a metal plate on it that is shaped into an image (detonography I think it's called), that he had made at an earlier age. Anyway, my host mother said to her father that it would be to heavy for my plane trip back and so I didn't get it. This is something I will never forget, even though I don't have the decoration, because I have never experienced generosity like that from a stranger.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I enjoy receiving things that I can find useful or engaging and things that relate to my interests and that show the person knows me well. The first is more along the lines of things like pieces of technology, books, CDs, etc, while the second can include almost anything, from trinkets to things I have a use for. It's nice to know someone appreciates you for some of the things you enjoy and will give you a gift related to them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts