Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
ESFJ
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished watching the entire series recently. *eyes bleed from so many episodes*

Lorelai: ENFP
Rory: INTP...not sure about this one.
Paris: ENTJ
Lane: IxFP
Luke: ISTJ?
Michel: ISTJ

Any other guesses?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I just finished watching the entire series recently. *eyes bleed from so many episodes*

Rory: INTP...not sure about this one.
Lane: IxFP
Luke: ISTJ?

Any other guesses?
Lorelai is ESFP more than ENFP. She lacks of intuition many times. However, she's near at times.
Rory is not INTP. She's a quite clear INFJ.
Paris: ENTJ of course, or ESTJ.
Lane: ISFP.
Luke: ISTJ
Michel: ISTJ, they say
Jess: INTP with many NF surroundings?
Dean: ISFP
Logan: ESTJ or ESTP

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Ancient thread, but I was just thinking about this and stumbled across it, so...

Rory is definitely an SJ. I always related a lot to her so I would say ISFJ, but possibly ISTJ.
Emily: ESTJ
Richard: ISTJ
Luke: ISTJ sounds right, but with a lot of Fi.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Rory an SJ? sorry but in what world? maybe you relate to her because she's INFJ, and maybe you're INFJish, but Rory is no SJ. Her so-called SJ may come from Fe and all that, but really, I think she's an Intuitive.
Luke with Fi? Never thought about it...
And Rory's boyfriends? Dean was ISFP I think or ISTP, Jess was INTP (and I really, really loved him xD), and Logan, who was a bit of a douchebag, was ESTJ or ESTP probably.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
I watched that show a couple of times. I didn't like anyone's personality. But Lorelai sure was a sight for sore eyes.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Here's briefly why I think Rory is an SJ:

Her ability to focus. She can spend hours focusing her attention fully on one thing. She "can go from zero to studying in less than sixty seconds", and Dean says he has "never seen anyone read so intensely before".

Her obsession with organisation, which is evident throughout. Like when they go on a spontaneous road trip and Rory is obsessed with the map, and similarly when she first arrives at Yale.

She has an excellent memory for details. I can't really think of a specific example when her Si comes into play but I definitely think it's there.

She has the desire to please, in sort of an ISFJ-doormat kind of way. She will do anything to keep her grandparents happy (to Lorelai's dismay). She hates to disappoint Taylor and the town by not participating in town events, like when she can't be the ice cream queen. And "she forgot to return a library book once. And she was so guilty about it that she grounded herself."

(I think I have watched too much of this show.... :p)

Maybe these are all stereotypically ISFJ things, but like I said I think she is certainly an SJ. I think she is greatly affected by having such a close relationship with her mother, and Lorelai's ENFP'ness is sure to rub off on her sometimes, making her seem more intuitive.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Lorelai: ESFP. She is by far the most difficult character to type. She is so quick-witted and clever, a trait that I usually associate with N (especially ENTP) and she definitely seems to have traits. But she is definitely a value-driven F, despite being a pretty balanced and logical one. S vs N is very hard to tell. I lean towards S just because she has a very SP quality to her - she keeps things light, she's always on the go and looking for something new. Also, I tend to think of ENFPs as being a little more anxious and always questioning themselves/their surroundings (think Carrie from Sex and the City), whereas ESFPs seems more sure of themselves, like Lorelai.

Rory: INFJ. Rory definitely has some rule-following SJ qualities, but she is an NF through and through. Very strong J preference, very strong I preference. She loves everyone, is always trying to see things from others' perspectives. Has that dreamy NF quality that I can spot a mile away.

Emily: ESTJ. Queen of the SJs. Think she's a pretty typical ESTJ.

Richard: ISTJ. Serious, hardworking, reliable, creature of habit. A textbook ISTJ

Luke: ISTJ. I used to think Luke was INTJ, and especially when he goes off on his rants about the problems with society, I can still think that. But at his core, he likes to keep things simple, just wants to be left alone to do his work and have his routine. I think that he, like Lorelai, is on the S/N cusp, but I'll go for ISTJ for now.

Sookie: ESFJ. Could see an argument for ESFP too, but her controlling nature over her cooking makes me think she is a J. Her washing machine has a diagram for goodness sake! She is an extreme F, moreso than even Lorelai, which is often at the root of their conflicts. Big E, very detail oriented S.

Lane: ESFP. People always seem to type her as I, but I'm not sure why. She seems to have a consistent problem holding in what she wants to say/do, e.g. when she tells her mom about boys or when she runs her hand through her bandmate's hair.

Mrs. Kim: ISTJ. "You! Sit here. You! Sit here." The rules are the rules are the rules. ISTJ.

Taylor: ESTJ. If he and Emily got together, they would be a dangerous tyrannical pair.

Dean: ISFP - Poor, boring Dean. All he ever cared about or thought about was Rory. He has a strong S preference -- always preferring hands on activities to thoughtful ones. He's actually quite F - he's very sensitive and has a hard time looking at any situation objectively (the obsessive calling). Could see an argument for J as he is quite traditional, but strikes me as P.

Jess: INTP. What a jerk...I hated Jess. He has a rebel STP vibe, but he loves to read and is much more of a thinker than a doer. His crimes were always very clever and throught-out rather than impulsive. Doesn't have a J bone is his body. Definitely INTP.

Logan: ESTP. Here's out SP rebel. Never thinks anything through, flies by the seat of his pants and counts on his ability to improvise to get him out of any situation. Pretty much a jerk like Jess, but you forgive him for it a bit more because it doesn't seem so purposeful on his part.

Christopher: ESFP. Self-absorded SP who has to do what he wants to do and can't help himself. Extreme SF to the point where he cannot stand back and see things objectively or from another perspective. Unlike Lorelai, who is a more balanced ESFP, Christopher has most of the negative traits associated with this type: irresponsible, fun-loving but never serious, incapable of commitment.

Paris: ENTJ. Lol...impossible to even question.

Michel: ISTJ...there are a lot of xSTJ's running around on this show!

Babette: ENFP. Here's your ENFP!

The few I'm not certain on:
Ms. Patty: ESFJ but could be ENFJ?
Jackson: ISFP but could be E or possibly N?
Kirk: INTJ? Really not sure on him.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Kirk could be a kind of ENxP.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Lol, lman, your post made me giggle. This show is so deficient in intuitives, but it's so amusing. And I'm too lazy to do enneagrams for right now.

Lorelai: ESFP. Has a bit of Ne roaming around in there, but overall is an ESFP. Rebellious, different, hyperactive, but not really intuitive in the long run.

Rory: ISFJ. She's not a T, she simply has a good brain and strong tertiary Ti. While she does have an idealistic streak, I don't think it's strong enough to be considered NF. She shows almost no usage of Ni, either, which she really should if she were INFJ.

Emily: ESFJ. So much Fe! So, so much... The way she did things because she was supposed to, not because she wanted to just reeks of Fe.

Richard: ISTJ. Obviously.

Luke: ISTP. Okay, Luke is a weird one. I can't see him as an SJ or NF at all, so there's eight types out. He's rather obviously a IxTx, so that leaves four types to choose from. I think he's possibly an ISTP 6w5, which can look like Fi. Could be wrong.

Sookie: ESFJ. One with rather good tert-Ne and overall balanced.

Lane: ISFP. She might have issues spewing her words all over the place, but the way she acts around people (not looking for tons of social contact, the hide-out in her closet, keeping the same friend for years and years) is more introverted.

Mrs. Kim: ESFJ. Like Emily, only asian! /bad joke

Taylor: ESTJ. Again, obviously.

Christopher: ESTP. I don't think he shows Fi too much, unless it's drowned out in a dom-tert loop. Still, he's obviously an ESxP, so whatever. He's a little more... traditional... and actually feels guilt when leaving the rich world (which he doesn't fully do, anyway), suggesting tert-Fe

Michel: ISTJ. Michel is also a bit weird, but yeah, ISTJ could fit.

Babette: ENFP. Freaking finally, intuitives!

Ms. Patty: ENFJ. I don't really have a reason for this.

Jackson: ENFP. Mostly, just 'cause. He's an ExFP (maybe a shy-ish one, but still extroverted), at least, and I don't see Se in the guy, so ENFP it is.

Kirk: INFP. He has that quality :crazy: Also, I suspect he has a bit of Asperger's.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I still think Lorelai is ENFP and Rory ISFJ. Rory was always the sensible, grounded one. I can't see Rory being intuitive at all, she is full to bursting with Si. I think the two of them with their Ne and Si just sort of balance each other out. Otherwise I agree with lman completely...

As for Kirk, I don't think his character is well developed enough to be able to tell. He's really there for comedic effect. (But can I just say, he should have married Lulu in the end!!) I really don't think it's possible. :sad:

·
Registered
188 Posts
I knew more about the different MBTI types a couple of years ago (I have many interests and I haven't researched or memorized MBTI much for a couple of years). I once wanted to find out the type of Alexis Bledel (Rory), because I know people that act similarly. I can't remember or find my final conclusion (I did come to a conclusion), but I know that I was in doubt between ISFJ, ISTP and ISFP and I think I concluded ISFP (I also remember that one of the common characteristics of ISFPs is that they wriggle their eyebrows when they have certain thoughts). Some random information about her can be found at Alexis Bledel Trivia and Quotes on TV.com. I don't regularly watch the episodes by the way, but I did see some episodes back then.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ancient thread, but I was just thinking about this and stumbled across it, so...

Rory is definitely an SJ. I always related a lot to her so I would say ISFJ, but possibly ISTJ.
Luke: ISTJ sounds right, but with a lot of Fi.
Michel: ISTJ, they say
Richard: ISTJ. Serious, hardworking, reliable, creature of habit. A textbook ISTJ

Luke: ISTJ. I used to think Luke was INTJ, and especially when he goes off on his rants about the problems with society, I can still think that. But at his core, he likes to keep things simple, just wants to be left alone to do his work and have his routine. I think that he, like Lorelai, is on the S/N cusp, but I'll go for ISTJ for now.

Mrs. Kim: ISTJ. "You! Sit here. You! Sit here." The rules are the rules are the rules. ISTJ.

Michel: ISTJ...there are a lot of xSTJ's running around on this show!
I always knew I had a weird connection with Luke & Michel. The others, a bit, but I identified with Luke so much it was uncanny.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm just going to quote my Gilmore Girls typings from a previous thread.

Rory: INFJ
Lane: ISFP
Sookie: ESFJ
Emily: ESTJ
Kirk: ENTP
Patty: ESFP
Dean: ISFJ
Logan: ESTP
Taylor: ESFJ
Jess: ISTP

Lorelai uses more Ne than Se.
"My brain is a wild jungle full of scary gibberish. I'm writing a letter, I can't write a letter, why can't I write a letter? I'm wearing a green dress, I wish I was wearing my blue dress, my blue dress is at the cleaners. The Germans wore gray, you wore blue, 'Casablanca' is such a good movie. Casablanca, the White House, Bush. Why don't I drive a hybrid car? I should really drive a hybrid car. I should really take my bicycle to work. Bicycle, unicycle, unitard. Hockey puck, rattlesnake, monkey, monkey, underpants!"
... And people think she uses Se?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think Luke is a 6w5 enneagram as well. So, I can see why you identified with him. :tongue:

This is beginning to make more and more sense. No wonder I found him humorous, he was mirroring my behavior. d:
I have a few Taylor's in my life too, and I just realized I deal with them in exactly the same way. :cool:

Reactions: paper lilies
1 - 20 of 38 Posts