Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello INFPs,

Is yours the type that is always reading in public, like at a bus stop? If so, is there any chance of me being able to talk to and maybe initiate a conversation that leads to a coffee date with a cute quiet girl reading away?

Personally, I think the independence of reading everyone is really attractive, and I love INFPs so I was hoping to find more chances to meet them.

I am not looking for a quick-lay of anything of the sort, I just want to meet some of you cool women. A LTR is really my goal.

Maybe you have other advice on finding and asking out INFPs?

thanks

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
as an INFP male you have my blessing *waves hand*

4,757 Posts
Try not too come on too strong or be too chatty, as that would definitely make me feel awkward and scare me off. Not that I think that INTJs are prone to those characteristics (quite the opposite in fact lol), but I'm thinking more in terms of anyone who wanted to approach that girl. Good luck! :happy:

·
Registered
191 Posts
to the OP - much as I think INFPs are great and all that - do NOT restrict yourself to finding just them, the other types can be good fun

I would suggest you find out if there is a local book club - often libraries and schools hold evening sessions for reading such and such...you're likely to find your bookworms there
Posted via Mobile Device

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
I like to quietly reading books in public area and I'm far away from being an INFP.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I always will read books in public,but you should also look for a girl that looks like she's sort of in a daydreaming state while she's reading.

Also anyone that is staring outside the window is probably going to be an INFP,or looking off into the distance while someone is talking.

I would actually love for someone to come up to me while I'm reading a book and try and discuss it with me,but like others said not in a loud/chatty way. It's EVEN BETTER if you know the book I'm reading! Or if you've heard of it and are interested in reading it etc. that's a good start to lead to a conversation about other things : )

·
Registered
264 Posts
What Calvaire said, haha :p

You'd probably find me reading in a tree more than in public like waiting for the bus or a park bench or something. In public, I can't concentrate on my book as much but in a tree, the rest of the world doesn't exist :)

·
Registered
929 Posts
As someone who reads book everywhere, (even at my moms wedding, im a horrible person ;) )
To me, girls reading books are the hardest to approach, because i assume they dislike small talk as much as i do, and worry they think im about as interesting as i think most other people are :p

·
Registered
223 Posts
If I was interrupted by a sweet guy with a shy smile who looked taken with me and showed genuine interest in my thoughts/company I would feel like I had just won the lottery. I love books but talking to a person who I can relate to or even one who just likes me enough to want to relate is completely better.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
perhaps you could find out what she's reading and whip out the same book.

:p

·
Registered
60 Posts

If someone did that to me, I might actually call him.

But yeah, just nicely ask her what she's reading and judge her reaction/body language to see if you should continue conversing, or just continue waiting for the bus.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thanks for the posts.

I always figured (reading a book) = (doesn't want to be bothered). That's how I would feel.

Now how is a robot suppose to look sweet and shy......
Well you already sound totally adorable so I wouldn't worry too much about the sweet part (obviously, more natural to you than you realize). Shy? I think your I may make you quite good in that department as well! :wink:

·
Banned
29 Posts
I cannot read in public. I find people too distracting and the sights too interesting to stay captivated by a novel or newspaper.

INFP's surely aren't the only type to read at bus stops. It's quite a common thing. Most people can't tolerate idleness, and prefer to look occupied in public.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I read a lot, and in many places.... however, many other people read who are not INFP. My ESFP sister is an avid reader and reads everywhere also.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Well, we won't know for sure what she is until he breaks that wall :p

Guess you're just gonna have to talk to her to find out what she is.

Reactions: starflower

·
Registered
4,339 Posts

If someone did that to me I might fall in love.
Or you know if they loved the book
The Unbearable Lightness of being as Much as I do.
& Felt exactly like tomas becuase I'm EXACTLY like Tereza.

Read that book it'll change you.
Off topic.. haha

·
Registered
820 Posts
I sometimes read books in the public but mostly I'll be listening to music. I once was reading a book in a park and there came a guy trying to hit on me and it really just pissed me off. He was saying something like "Oh, you must be smart because you're reading a book" and I just wanted to say something like "The fact that I learned to read books in elementary school just like everybody else doesn't make smart." I just felt like the guy was a total moron and I didn't want waste my time talking to him and besides I really just wanted to read my book.

So if you're going to talk to a girl reading a book you must make the conversation interesting! Ask what she's reading and hope that you've read the same book or know something about the subject so it's a good topic for conversation. And tell her that you also like books and reading. I think that's a good start. Just try to be interesting but in my opinion conversations with INTJs usually are interesting so it shouldn't be a problem.

And INFPs aren't the only ones who read books in public so there's a big chance that the girl isn't an INFP.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts