Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
soooo fellow infj's... its currently 6:30 in the morning and i can't sleep. To be fair i've only been trying for an hour or so .

i keep making up and replaying different scenarios with a girl i've spoken only two words to.

eg. her meeting friends, talking about tv shows, wondering what her interests are, different places i might see her, what to talk about if i see her again, telling her that her comfort with silence is super attractive haha

im hoping to find comfort in numbers or at least the feeling that i'm not the only one .. :blushed:

anyone? :unsure:

i've done this before so i don't think its particularly the girl

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
im hoping to find comfort in numbers or at least the feeling that i'm not the only one .. :blushed:
You are definitely not the only one. In fact, I am glad you posted this because I was starting to feel alone with my obsession with people I meet (especially ones I deem cool).

There is this girl at my part-time job that commonly invades my thoughts. I will either end up replaying conversations we had from weeks past, or simply predicting conversations we might have in the future. I cannot say why I do it besides the fact that I simply enjoy her company so much that I miss it when she is gone.
However, I definitely blame my detail-oriented, over-analyzing personality on this as well. I tend to dream up a million could-be conversations with most people I meet.

Reactions: birdo

·
Registered
154 Posts
You're definitely preaching to the choir. The girl I like (ENFP) is in her disappearing period (as is the tendency with xNFP's when they're really busy) and I constantly replay old conversations and times we've been together. I also spend a lot of time day dreaming about all the things I want to talk about when I see her next. Hell, we don't even have to talk. Just sitting next to her is enjoyable. :eek:) It doesn't matter though. Her beautiful eyes look right through and make me lose track of my thoughts anyway. :eek:P
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
802 Posts
I do this, too, but it's been a while since it's been positive. Lately it's just the things I wish I could say to people I'm angry with.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
I do this all the time! I meet someone and then go away imagining different scenarios where we could meet again and what conversations we might have. I try to think how I might react to something he might say to me all that stuff! The thing is though, what I imagine or wish to happen never happens!

There's a guy I like and every so often we'll go through phases of messaging each other and I imagine what our relationship might be like if we were more than friends. I imagine the conversations in my mind. Usually before bed because that's the only time my mind is free to wonder.

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
A great deal of my introspection is simulating communication before I communicate. I "wrote" this in my head before I typed it, and you have already reacted to it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts