Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
lol I just watched a few episodes today. I didn't like it very much, unfortunately. :/

Marnie struck me as ESFJ. Her Fe is very unhealthy, though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'd love to hear more opinions on this thread. I think Adam is an INFP, at first he seems very INTP but as episodes progress we see him using his feeling more and more...and he's certainly got a rich inner life.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey! Yeah, I had also started a "Girls" thread before, but I hadn't realized this already existed. Here's what I think:

Hannah-ENFP
Marnie-ISFJ
Adam-ESFP
Jessa-ESFP (maybe ISFP)
Shoshana-ESFJ
Charlie-Some type of Feeler...Still figuring this one out
Ray-ExTP or ENFJ (Comes across as an Fe user and is definitely extraverted)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
This show is hilarious. I've gone through most of the season today. I wish it were longer :(

Hannah - ENFP. 4 maybe. She idealizes everything/adds it to the "story arc" she's building in her head. But I don't really see the "withdrawn" aspect..
Marnie - ISFJ. 1w2.
Jessa my queen - ISFP. possibly 8w7.
Shoshanna - ESFJ. Has nervous energy maybe 6w7 or possibly 2w1.
Charlie - ISFX. Cute :(
Adam - ESFP. No idea on enneagram. Really strange/oddly endearing character.
The guy Jessa babysits for: INFP? This guy I really have a soft spot for.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hannah: INFP. At first I wanted to say ENFP like most people but I don't get much strong Ne from her other than being a writer. There's plenty of blatant Fi on the other hand, and she doesn't seem terribly gregarious.

Marnie: ESTJ, so much inferior Fi. And the ISTJs I've known are a bit more withdrawn than she is, especially ISTJ women. I can't see a typical ISTJ constantly yelling at Hannah about rent like she does.

Jessa: ENTP. Just seems less emotional than Hannah and more sure of herself. Reminds me a lot of xxTP girls I've known.

Shoshanna: ISFP

Adam: IxxP, ISTP if I had to choose. He's a complex character. His woodwork hobby seems stereotypically ISTP and his interactions with Hannah seem inferior Fe-ish. Definitely introverted; always alone and you can count the number of people he's interacted with on-screen on one hand.

Ray: ENTP

Charlie: probably ESFJ

Elijah: ENFP?

Rich: ESTP?

Thomas-John: Seems like an extremely neurotic ESTJ

Sandy: to the extent that his character was developed, IxTJ

Booth Jonathan: Thinking ENTP. Interesting character for sure. Wonder if we'll see more of him.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm actually really unsure about Hannah's type. The way she views herself and the way she acts are completely at odds. I think she's an S who thinks she's an N. If she's an N, then I don't think her Ne is dom or aux, it'd have to be Ni. In my experience, we Ne-dom and Ne-aux people are pretty selfish, but we're aware of it and don't tend to expect others to be anything else. Hannah's selfish in a completely self-unaware way. I can't tell if she's a thinker who thinks she's a feeler or a feeler who thinks she's a thinker. She's actually quite enigmatic, which is what makes her both relatable and absurd at the same time. I think the only part of her that is easy to type is that she's a Perceiver and not a Judger.

Marnie screams ESTJ to me. This is from an ESTJ description, which I think fits her quite well: "ESTJ's are take-charge people. They have such a clear vision of the way that things should be, that they naturally step into leadership roles. They are self-confident and aggressive. They are extremely talented at devising systems and plans for action, and at being able to see what steps need to be taken to complete a specific task. They can sometimes be very demanding and critical, because they have such strongly held beliefs, and are likely to express themselves without reserve if they feel someone isn't meting their standards. But at least their expressions can be taken at face-value, because the ESTJ is extremely straight-forward and honest."

Jessa: ENFP. I really don't understand how so many people are getting ISFP for her. She's pretty straight-forward about her rebellion of society's values that don't fit her own. She's quite charismatic as opposed to quiet and reserved. I think she's actually a pretty mature ENFP, probably the most mature on the show as it deals with knowing and accepting herself.

Shoshanna: ISFJ, but I have no idea why. She cracks me up though.

Adam: INTP. Earlier, someone said that he started to appear more INFP in his relationship with Hannah, and I think that's just because he was in love with her and let his emotions guide him with her, but that his feeling function isn't what leads his interaction with the world. Pretty much, I think he's INTP with a well-developed Fi.

Charlie: Quite clearly a Feeler, but I don't think we know enough about his character to get much further than that.

Ray: I can see how he can come off as an ENTP, but I think he's an ENTJ. What I see in his general interactions with people is that he's trying to re-shape their world-view, which is a quintessential ENTJ trait, IMO...at least the ones I know in my life. That's why I think he works with Shoshanna; she's kind of a wide-eyed wonder.

Thomas John: I'm completely on board with the neurotic ESTJ.

Reactions: aj1023

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm not sure why I typed Booth Jonathan ENTP; he's a pretty obvious ENTJ. It's especially apparent after Sunday's episode.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
I will NEVER EVER see this show. I live in L.A. so I get to see the most asinine promotions for tv shows and movies everywhere, and the little posts I've seen around town for Girls (Resolutions Girls Break or something) are so fucking retarded that I think I'd rather light myself on fire than watch that show.

Lena Dunham also annoys me. She was on the cover of some magazine lately, and something about her face just bothers me.

I will never ever watch this show. I just wanted to unload this somewhere.

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Anybody have thoughts on their enneagrams?

Hannah's "Don't tell anyone this, but I just want to be happy" moment was sooo 4, imo.

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ ♂
17,939 Posts
First it's a TV SHOW, the characters are not fully developed human beings, they are characatures at best, personas at worst. They don't have to be complete, they only exist to move the plot (such that it is) along. I don't understand why people insist on trying to type fictional people when REAL people are challenging enough.

Tried to get into it, Hannah is such a self-absorbed, irresponsible, annoying, pretentious, lazy, wannabe, I can't see why any of her "friends" are even friends with her. Maybe that's the whole point of the show, I don't know. I just can't figure out why someone would try so hard to be so much more complex and melodramatic than she's capable of pulling off.

I know the woman who plays Hannah is producing the show, but I wonder if she knows how moronic and banal she is making her generation out to be.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Tried to get into it, Hannah is such a self-absorbed, irresponsible, annoying, pretentious, lazy, wannabe, I can't see why any of her "friends" are even friends with her. Maybe that's the whole point of the show, I don't know. I just can't figure out why someone would try so hard to be so much more complex and melodramatic than she's capable of pulling off.
Yes! :happy: Hannah is extremely annoying. :dry: I watch the show, because I strongly identify with Marnie.

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
I'm actually really unsure about Hannah's type. The way she views herself and the way she acts are completely at odds. I think she's an S who thinks she's an N. If she's an N, then I don't think her Ne is dom or aux, it'd have to be Ni. In my experience, we Ne-dom and Ne-aux people are pretty selfish, but we're aware of it and don't tend to expect others to be anything else. Hannah's selfish in a completely self-unaware way. I can't tell if she's a thinker who thinks she's a feeler or a feeler who thinks she's a thinker. She's actually quite enigmatic, which is what makes her both relatable and absurd at the same time. I think the only part of her that is easy to type is that she's a Perceiver and not a Judger.
This is completely true and I think is the entire heart of Hannah's conflict on the show -- trying to portray herself to the world as/convince herself that she's a tortured brilliant NF type when she's really a Sensing type and not all that original. In fact I feel like Lena Dunham might be trying to make some larger statement about hipsters through Hannah's character. Hannah strikes me as an ISFJ. She is very selfish but I think she has Fe because she always cares what other people think of her (or tries really hard to convince people that she doesn't care, when she really does). Definitely inferior Ne, shown by her making wildly bad decisions based on "following her heart" whenever she feels hopeless about her life. I think her tertiary Ti manifests by her making justifications for her Feeling-based bad decisions. I'm pretty new to mbti though so this may be totally inaccurate.

As for Enneagram, she might be a 6w7 because of her need for security of some kind and oscillations between phobic and counterphobic, but she also might be a 4w3 because of how dramatic and selfish she is and how superior to others she has the need to be. ISFJ 4w3 is kind of uncommon though.

Marnie: 1w2 ESTJ. Unhealthy 1w2 who loves controlling people.

Jessa: 7w8 ENTP -- she seems very calculating in her rebelliousness, like she's doing it on purpose to get a rise out of people. Definitely an Enneagram type 7 who eventually realizes that she is putting on this "wild" persona to avoid dealing with real life.

Shoshanna: 2w1 ESFJ -- her reaction to realizing she smoked crack ("Please don't tell my mom!) says it all.

Adam: 4w5 INTP. Maybe 5w4? I watched this show like a year ago (and didn't watch season 2) so I don't remember it all that well.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
This is completely true and I think is the entire heart of Hannah's conflict on the show -- trying to portray herself to the world as/convince herself that she's a tortured brilliant NF type when she's really a Sensing type and not all that original. In fact I feel like Lena Dunham might be trying to make some larger statement about hipsters through Hannah's character. Hannah strikes me as an ISFJ. She is very selfish but I think she has Fe because she always cares what other people think of her (or tries really hard to convince people that she doesn't care, when she really does). Definitely inferior Ne, shown by her making wildly bad decisions based on "following her heart" whenever she feels hopeless about her life. I think her tertiary Ti manifests by her making justifications for her Feeling-based bad decisions. I'm pretty new to mbti though so this may be totally inaccurate.

As for Enneagram, she might be a 6w7 because of her need for security of some kind and oscillations between phobic and counterphobic, but she also might be a 4w3 because of how dramatic and selfish she is and how superior to others she has the need to be. ISFJ 4w3 is kind of uncommon though.

Marnie: 1w2 ESTJ. Unhealthy 1w2 who loves controlling people.

Jessa: 7w8 ENTP -- she seems very calculating in her rebelliousness, like she's doing it on purpose to get a rise out of people. Definitely an Enneagram type 7 who eventually realizes that she is putting on this "wild" persona to avoid dealing with real life.

Shoshanna: 2w1 ESFJ -- her reaction to realizing she smoked crack ("Please don't tell my mom!) says it all.

Adam: 4w5 INTP. Maybe 5w4? I watched this show like a year ago (and didn't watch season 2) so I don't remember it all that well.
What about Insctinctual Stackings? Do you have any thoughts? :]

1 - 20 of 47 Posts