Personality Cafe banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm fairly girly. I like things that are tiny and cute, and I like to dress in ways that are deemed "cute". However, none of this is ever at the expense of comfort or practicality. For example, I never wear high-heels. That in of itself may be seen as less traditionally feminine since us women are expected to endure a certain level of discomfort for our looks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
So am I the only female INTP who feels really, really girly? I know a trait of ours is supposed to be gender neutrality. It's not that I am girly because I respect gender roles, but it's just how I feel. Kind of like a gay man feels, I'd presume. And my rationality does get in the way of it sometimes (I don't need to waste money on more shoes; appearances are stupid & don't matter; I'm just a victim of marketing & our materialistic culture), but underneath it's still there (OMG SHOES!!!) ...and if I have to hang out with guys with no girly companionship for a while, I go crazy! However, making friends with girls is a whole other issue...for some reason it's never been easy for me, & lately I find myself making friends with guys much more easily. I also seem to usually connect with guys more on an intellectual level than with girls (no offense, ladies...), although obviously not on this "girly" level. Which is why I'm going crazy. Thoughts?
I can be really girly and feminine of I want to. And of course wanted to buy shoes or more clothes. But before doing so, I'd think first because I work at home, I don't go out that much . ( only 2x a month to buy supplies and go grocery shopping). So I won't really need more clothes or shoes. More clothes means more laundry.However I would love to collect shoes someday, If I have the space for it. I'm also a make up artist, but I don't wear make up at all since again, I work at home. I think it depends on your line of work or lifestyle. I giggle when I see my crushes or see something that is really cute to me. My family is conservative so I am very feminine at my parents house, it's not because they would be upset If i don't act like a lady, but they raised me in a way to become a proper lady and i respect that. On the other hand, I live alone now so I can do whatever I want. It depends on the place , event or situations. We are tagged as chameleons, after all.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I definitely lean towards the feminine side of things. The expectation society puts on females are some of the reasons why I'm not a cookiecutter NT type, or I don't come across like that from the get-go. A type can be gender neutral, but in general, there are higher recorded statistics for females being Fs. I don't particularly like clothing shopping/fashion so I'm not into stereotypical girly things. I do try to look deccent, but I dislike clothes shopping. It's my personality more than interests that goes into feminine territory.

I'm not outright tomboyish either, as in I'm not into sports, am not very athletic, have always sucked at them, and tend to be more timid and agreeable. I do have many male friends though and get along well with them. I do like to pick things apart, analyze, and while I like people, but am limited with my peopling needs. Females are often expected to say yes, be polite, and be agreeable so those qualities carried over to my personality. In this day in age, there are people who go against the grain of gender expectations, but there is a lot of middle ground between feminine and masculine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think I am "girly" physically/appearance-wise. I use make-up, style my hair, try to dress well (or at least some people around me seem to think so, although I don't know how accurate their judgement is) but then again, regarding mannerism, people have called me "masculine" because I am independent, drop my friends to their bus stops at night, prefer alone time, a bit distant (emotionally), do not indulge in celebrity gossip etc. which is a bit fucked up because I feel like you don't have to be a male to have these qualities. you can still be an independent, brooding (lol) female. to not complicate things, I think I have physically what people would call "feminine" characteristics and behaviourally "masculine" characteristics

·
Registered
173 Posts
Im more of a tomboy who occasionally dresses nice (for special occasions). I do like to wear makeup because I feel like its an artful expression. Makeup can be like art. But I cant be bothered to wear makeup daily or at least not a lot of makeup daily. Im trying to get in the habit of at least wearing foundation to work because it makes me look younger and less tired and more "refreshed". I was wearing makeup to work about 2-3 times per week but got out of the habit in the past 2 weeks. Its more because I run out of time getting ready for work and I find it incredibly difficult to follow any routine or add new habits. I have curly hair and I do style it for work.
The only thing feminine about me is that I love wearing clothing with flowers because I love nature and flowers. I wear slacks and a blouse to work and sometimes a suit jacket if its cold. I do like to look professional and stylish at work because I feel more confident when I think I look good. I will never wear skirts or dresses or high heels. Some people do at my job. I go for comfort over fashion.
When Im not working I wear yoga clothes (because I do practice yoga 1-2 times a week and I sometimes wear the clothes to remind me or motivate me to do yoga. Although sometimes Im just too tired.)

Im a tomboy because I have always liked activities and sports that boys or men do. I used to climb trees all the time when I was young. I have done all these things: hiking, camping, mountain biking (used to go 3 times a week), rock climbing (indoor and outdoor), surfing (at least once a week when there are waves and temerature will allow), snowboarding (2 trips a year), gardening.

I hate pink. Its a weird thing. I think my mind subconsciosly rebels against things that are considered femenine. I will not wear it, I didn't dress my daughter in it until she was old enough to pick her own clothes. I hate baby showers, wedding showers and any all female gathering. Too much estrogen makes me want to run away. I mostly get along with men but I do have female friends. They are more tomboy like me though.

I dont like shopping or cooking or cleaning or basically anything society deems women "should do".
I dont like jobs that mostly women do. I am an orthopedic physician assistant. A job with mostly men. Orthopedics is notoriously a mostly men job historically. We have 2 female doctors out of about 30. We have more female PAs though.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts