Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.

Just wondering if you'd describe yourself as "Feminine / Masculine" (this has nothing to do with your sexual orientation
/the sex you were born, btw)

By Feminine traits I mean : "Being social/group orientated , caring for others...." (the "soft" / social skills)
and by Masculine traits I mean : "Being individually orientated , competitive...." (the "hard"/rational skills)

Got the idea of asking from a book I'm currently reading on targeted-marketing techniques. :wink:
Also can't really find anything useful on this subject about how "we" generally are/score. :dry:

Not sure about myself tbh. Score high on / Identify more with, masculine traits (professionally) but act more feminine in my personal sphere I guess.

How about you Gent's / Lady's ?

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I'd call myself feminine. But im very competitive and rational. :confused:

·
empty calories
992 Posts
i got a feeling this thread will soon come under attack of nonbinary gender enthusiasm. but until then: i never felt masculine in the traditional sense but nevertheless i've always had more interest in technology, mechanics and the usual 'boring' stuff like science, than in complex social systems and gossip.
also, i've been quite competitive perhaps moreso than other dudes around me.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
On the outside I am very feminine and I carry myself in a feminine way (confidence, ect). But as I have said before, a lot of us dont feel the "same" as other women when it comes to how we think and process information. Entp girls are more likely to have a broad spectrum of interests that include things that are typically considered to be more enjoyed by men.

For example: I love the outdoors. (KAYAKING is my favorite sport and I love it.) .
-I am a gamer and love playing cod and resident evil etc. I also play Madden. (this is not too uncommon for girls but still not typical)
-I am not afraid to get dirty! Im not scared of bugs or snakes or anything like that either.
-I love anything involving tech. and love gadgets.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
people tell me all the time that I am masculine/tomboyish/not feminine, meh.
I have suffered from gender identity disorder in my early teens; as a child I identified as a boy and acted/dressed as a boy and played with boys (and "tomboyish" girls). Then when I got into middle school I felt like I didn't belong to any gender and felt very depressed/anxious about it for years; then around the age of 15 I became what people define as "genderfluid": someone who is a mix between a female and a male. Gendefluid people are described as "having days in which they feel more feminine and others in which they feel more masculine"; I can relate to this very much since there are days in which I dress like a guy and feel more like a guy and others in which I wear more "girly" clothes and feel like I am more like a girl. If you looked into my wardrobe you'd see both boy clothes and girl clothes; I don't care for what gender they're supposed to be, if I like them, I'll wear them. Simple. Most of the times I just mix female clotheing and male clothing because that's what I like best.
Behaviourally-speaking I look more like guy because I am born with an "extreme-male brain" according to shrinks.

·
Registered
487 Posts
ummm i didn't think i was feminine at all until i saw your descriptors. so, feminine? fuck. i don't know though, i can't imagine anybody realistically calling me feminine. (I'm a guy).

this is hard. i take pride in being an individual and i don't change for society or anybody. i also care for others, but only five or so at a time on any deep level. i do like to make people happy though.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
On the outside I am very feminine and I carry myself in a feminine way (confidence, ect). But as I have said before, a lot of us dont feel the "same" as other women when it comes to how we think and process information. Entp girls are more likely to have a broad spectrum of interests that include things that are typically considered to be more enjoyed by men.
I would agree with this. I've always felt like more of a girly-girl, but then when I got to middle school everyone started getting insecure and freaking out over celebrities, and I just wasn't.
I really like a lot of traditionally girly things, I'm good with children, and most of my friends are girls.

But like you said it isn't black and white.

Also

-I am not afraid to get dirty! Im not scared of bugs or snakes or anything like that either.
SNAKES ARE THE BEST!
I work at a place that has snakes.
And turtles and bearded dragons and frogs and baby alligators and lots more. Love 'em all, but snakes are my favorites. Other than the tortoise there. Her name is Alice and we're besties.
But sometimes I talk to my coworkers (Who are mostly girls) and I'll express my love of snakes and they'll just sort of be like "Ew, really?" or at the very least be confused by how much I like the snakes. But I'll just stay enthusiastic like "They're so funny! Like they don't have any arms!"
I also feel like it's weird because if there is ever a bug I won't want to kill it because that grosses me out, but they're perfectly fine with that. Like, you don't want to look at a snake that can't hurt you but you're willing to risk having to clean up guts?
Anyway, this has actually helped me become 'Friends' with the girl who sometimes brings the animals in for the kids to touch. She's a little closed off, but because I'm so genuinely excited about the animals she likes me.

·
Banned
4,143 Posts
I'm pretty masculine. But I am in touch with my feminine side too.
Let me elaborate. I used to dress like a boy, in fact, a lot of people used to mistake me for a boy. I have never been interested in typical 'girlish' games and behaviour, like wearing makeup and playing house. I never liked dolls, but I did like Lego, K'nex and the like, and playing outside, particularly climbing trees. I was bad at 'make belief' playing, like the aforementioned playing house. I just didn't get it. My imagination was fine, I just couldn't connect to other kids like that. That might have something to do with my autism, I'm much better at handling it since I know that it is there.

Most of this is still the same. But I've started noticing that I CAN do the girly things, I often just don't want to. I knit and sew, I like to cook, I know what clothes look good on someone (although I don't really care if I am being stylish myself) and I'm good with kids and animals. I still don't see the point in wearing make-up, especially in settings that aren't parties. I can fix things. I live with three girls in one apartment, and I'm the one most likely to repair things around the house, with some superglue, duct tape and a few screws. I dislike romantic movies. But I do get emotional at sad movies like 'awakenings'.

There's got to be a balance, you know?

·
Registered
745 Posts
On the outside I can appear somewhat feminine I suppose, although I've never been directly referred to as such. I guess that goes for all of us in a way because Ne and Fe being our extroverted functions, are not particularly masculine like say, Te or even Se for that matter. I'm certainly not "macho", whether it be in attitude, hobbies or physical appearance. I've never really "fit in" with the vast majority of my male peers, and I know a lot of female ENTPs are in the same boat when it comes to their female peers. I'm not into any stereotypical guy things

However, on the inside it's a totally different story. When it comes to serious matters, I put logic above all else and don't really spare feelings if the "truth" is at stake. I can be a cold bastard sometimes and people don't expect it from me or aren't even sure if I'm being serious when it happens. I can become really objective and detached when it comes to things that are supposed to garner an "emotional" response, such as death. For example, I find the idea of leaving flowers at a grave religiously to be a complete waste of money and honestly creepy. My father does this for his parents every week and I just don't understand it.

I guess with both males and females, ENTPs will never be very stereotypical. But on the other hand, an ENTJ male will probably have no trouble appearing very masculine at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts