Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK. So here is the story...

I am an NF. ENFP to be exact. With my head in the clouds I am easily swayed by romance, passion, love, sensuality... Lately, I can't seem to get my INFJ friend out of my mind. I am craaazy about her. We rarely hang out but talk and text each other multiple times through out each day. I think I am seriously falling for her, and she, in typical INFJ fashion, is relatively oblivious that I am blown away by how amazing she really is.

Baisically... I've decided to make my move. The next time we see each other, I want to make sure she knows exactly where I stand and how I feel about her... I want to kiss her. However, a simple kiss won't do. I want it to be special. Memorable. I know such an attempt might seem silly... but I really feel my soft and squishy side emerge whenever I am with/communicating with her. I want our first kiss to be different dammit. It means a lot to me and therefore I want to put a little thought and effort in to this... unlike so many others before.

What I am hoping for, is that my fellow NF's would be up to sharing some of their most memorable kisses with me and the rest of us. I just want some ideas to get the ol' marble working. To get some dreamy thoughts and ideas floating around in my head. Inspiration.

I realize it wouldn't be fair unless I started things off with an example of my own. So... without further adieu:

We were both young. In our early 20's. She was my brother's best friend. We've known each other for years but somehow time never allowed us to get past that point when we both realized how cosmically we "clicked" and how made for each other we were. Both of us were in serious long term relationships when we met and unfortunately, even though we fell in love that first night we pulled an all-nighter together, comparing the respective pages of our autobiographies, we never pursued anything with each other because we were both loyal and dedicated partners. Three years later...

We are both single. I finally saw my chance. Quickly putting ideas in to action, I enlisted the help of her (female) best friend. I decided to send her a "mystery package". Her friend gave me the address and I sent a little box with three items. A CD (this was before the days of MP3 players and memory sticks) with some of my favorite songs that described how I felt about her, a huge block of the finest quality feta cheese I could find in my city (her favorite food of all time. Even loved it better than chocolate. Weird I know...lol), and a five page letter describing how I felt and why. BUT I left out all of my personal information and any details that might give me away as the author. I even made a game out of it. She was studying Criminal Psychology at the time, on her way to becoming a profiler and all.... so I started the letter with something like, "Good Morning Detective McEwan....". Throughout the letter I teased her intellectual curiosity but at the same time I poured over three years of unsaid-feelings and unrequited love between every line on those pages. That evening I made the deadline at the Puraltor office just in time in order to send it express to her front door the following morning.

The next day she called my house like she regularly did. After the initial greetings she asked to speak to my brother like she always did... and then... 40 minutes or so later, my brother tells me to pick up the phone. She wants to talk to me. My heart leaps in to my throat, my guts spill all over the parquet floors... We talk briefly before she confronts me. "I know it was you who sent that lovely package to me", she says. "I am sorry? What?", I try. "That thing that came to my house. I know it was from you. It's really great". I try playing stupid further, "I am sorry (laughing) I really don't know what you're talking about. I wish I did. It seems to have made you happy... and I would have loved to do something for you that makes you happy... but I really don't know what you are talking about. What did you get sent to your house?" This was hard... but I played it like a champ. Good little actor I am. "Listen... I know it was you, and honestly... I was really hoping it was from you". What was I suppose to say? I felt like leaping off of the 12th floor that I lived on. Of course I confessed. We agreed to meet later that evening.

It's past two in the morning. We are alone in a park not far from my house. To me it seems like we are the only two people in the city still awake. She begins to probe and prod me with lots of questions of, "Why?", "How?", "I didn't know you felt this way..." , "Are you sure....?" , "But you don't even know me..." all of which I respond to with calm reason and unbottled passion. I still don't remember what she said or asked at that moment, but I remember it caused me to go on for a while about how much I loved her and why, and what I found so beautiful about her... when she just grabbed me (I was not expecting it) and kissed me. We kissed for what seemed a very long time, held in each others' embraces like life preservers in a typhoon. When she finally let me go, she immediately sat down on the closest bench and proceeded to frantically search her bag. She was shaking. Physically shaking. I was naturally concerned so I asked if she was alright. She responded with, "That was the best thing I have ever felt in my entire life..." I felt exactly the same way, but what I said was, "Aw c'mon. Don't mess with me. I'm sure you felt better at other times before. Say... during an orgasm?" "Nope. Never. I never felt anything like that....that powerful. I could feel how much you love me..."
I didn't know what to say. Didn't know what to do. I was so amazed that love could be transfered like that. Like a current of electricity from one body to another. I was amazed that I was able to have such an affect on another human being through one kiss. Albeit one of the most memorable in my entire life... thus far. That was nine years ago...

OK. So mine is pretty lengthy. Apologies. You don't have to go in to so much detail (if you don't want to)... but I still want to hear from you guys. Please help this slightly rusty NF (I was with an ISTJ for two years) get his creative romantic juices flowing...

Not to mention, I am sure it will make for a fun read for the rest of us...

Thanking you in advance....

-Burning Lion

·
Registered
154 Posts
Augh! That's an AWESOME story! I'll try to respond when I get off work.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reactions: Burning Lion

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Your story is really inspiring lion. I'll do what I can...

My very first kiss... I was walking my date home like a gentleman and she kissed me. It took me completely by surprise, but I got comfortable with it very quickly. xD

Aside from that there was this other girl I was seeing and we were sitting on a couch (We were watching some TV)... the tension was palpable. I looked over at her... she looked back... we looked at each other for 2-3 seconds before I brushed her hair back and kissed her softly. I pulled away for a moment until the tension hit a breaking point and then we started making out.

Those were the two first kisses I had in my life with women I wanted to date. Neither was very special, but both felt right.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You know, after reading that, I've got nothing that even comes close.

Suffice to say, I'm a bit jealous.

A bit.
Shiiiiiiiiit. I was leaning to wards something surprising coming from you... but I didn't expect that. LMAO. It was surprising after all...

And that was not the point. I just wanted an example of one that meant something special to YOU. Any of you....lol

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
That was so beautiful and I know how it feels about the electrical part, the sensation is awesome. My first kiss, well, it was far from perfect and I didn't really make the first move, she kissed me, more or less. The relationship in itself was a mediocre one, it lasted for 3 months, we kept arguing a lot, didn't see eye to eye on a lot of things, she was kind of recuperating from a bad relationship and was projecting a lot of issues on me, but the beginning...well, that's always beautiful. You go in, head first and hope and love and take that risk...the adrenaline is amazing. We were sitting at a beautiful tea house, we were the only ones there and when it happened, well, it was far from perfect, I think we also bumped teeth a bit :laughing:, but when I touched her soft, warm lips for the first time, well, it felt like the world stopped still. Like, it was what I was waiting for so long and me not knowing much about relationships and all, I thought it would last forever. :happy: That moment did last in my mind forever though, and at that moment when I was kissing her, I had that shaking feeling too, because of the adrenaline rush, it felt like there was nothing else in that world but her and me and I felt in that moment that this person was the one I'd want to have close to me, I wanted life to be like in that moment forever (or as much as possible). Little did I know...they don't call us dreamers for nothing, booy, was I dreaming.:crazy:

Reactions: Burning Lion

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Shiiiiiiiiit. I was leaning to wards something surprising coming from you... but I didn't expect that. LMAO. It was surprising after all...

And that was not the point. I just wanted an example of one that meant something special to YOU. Any of you....lol
Haha, it's no worry. In your defense, I've never really been in a 'real' relationship, per se. But when I find someone I get that sort of connection with, I'll let you know! ;)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Okay, I wouldn't normally talk about this kind of stuff, but you asked, so here goes.

My first two kisses were horrible. I didn't love either of the guys, so I'm sure that's why.

The first time I kissed my husband was something special though. My whole body felt electric. He didn't do anything very special, but he did wait until the right moment, not too early, not too late. I felt a bit shaky after that one.

I find timing to be really important. And eye contact. If there's a significant emotional attachment to begin with, loving eyes looking deep into my soul can be very powerful. And then if the kiss is delayed just enough to create a lot of tension and anticipation, woe, that will create some fireworks. It must be soft and sweet at first, maybe a little hesitating. Too much too soon is an instant turn-off. I want him to let me sort of signal when and if I want more.

I hope this helps, cuz now I'm embarrassed! :blushed:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, I wouldn't normally talk about this kind of stuff, but you asked, so here goes.

My first two kisses were horrible. I didn't love either of the guys, so I'm sure that's why.

The first time I kissed my husband was something special though. My whole body felt electric. He didn't do anything very special, but he did wait until the right moment, not too early, not too late. I felt a bit shaky after that one.

I find timing to be really important. And eye contact. If there's a significant emotional attachment to begin with, loving eyes looking deep into my soul can be very powerful. And then if the kiss is delayed just enough to create a lot of tension and anticipation, woe, that will create some fireworks. It must be soft and sweet at first, maybe a little hesitating. Too much too soon is an instant turn-off. I want him to let me sort of signal when and if I want more.

I hope this helps, cuz now I'm embarrassed! :blushed:
Of course it helps. Awww. Thank you for opening up and sharing... [HUGZ]

Reactions: soul searcher

·
Registered
303 Posts
Oh my my my. I had to spend a moment recovering after reading that. I think I've been neglecting that part of my life from too many years of being single!

I don't even know what kind of whacked out sense this is going to make. But I don't remember the situation leading up to the first kisses necessarily, I just remember the actual kiss itself from the point of closing my eyes onward. I'm ashamed (almost) to say I don't even remember who the *special* ones belonged to.

I just know the intensity and explosiveness of the experience itself, & even more so when I close my eyes to remember it (because...that was what I was doing at the time of the experience). And when it happens again, I feel like ALL the other times it happened are also happening at that same exact moment, but with a NEW level of intensity added to all of the previous times combined. Almost like a supernova explosion happens in my being, and I'm completely unaware of a body or even what exactly is happening. I seem to remember or understand something huge or great about....ummmm...let me think...I want to say about life, except it seems grander than that - but hell if I can even comprehend what that's all about once I've opened my eyes again.

So, the experience of that, seems to fry my short term memory of before and after the kiss, because I come up blank if I try to remember any of them. I recently caught up online with my first love from highschool & we got to chatting all day about those days. After several hours of working our way backwards in our memory from when we had brokeup until we had first met , and finally I said that I was ashamed to admit it, but I don't even remember our first kiss (aka, my first kiss EVER). He said he had been trying to remember that too the whole time we were talking, but had no memory of it at all. We couldn't even remember where we were or what was going on at the time. So that's why I don't feel too bad about not remembering, because they don't seem to either. :crazy:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh my my my. I had to spend a moment recovering after reading that. I think I've been neglecting that part of my life from too many years of being single!

I don't even know what kind of whacked out sense this is going to make. But I don't remember the situation leading up to the first kisses necessarily, I just remember the actual kiss itself from the point of closing my eyes onward. I'm ashamed (almost) to say I don't even remember who the *special* ones belonged to.

I just know the intensity and explosiveness of the experience itself, & even more so when I close my eyes to remember it (because...that was what I was doing at the time of the experience). And when it happens again, I feel like ALL the other times it happened are also happening at that same exact moment, but with a NEW level of intensity added to all of the previous times combined. Almost like a supernova explosion happens in my being, and I'm completely unaware of a body or even what exactly is happening. I seem to remember or understand something huge or great about....ummmm...let me think...I want to say about life, except it seems grander than that - but hell if I can even comprehend what that's all about once I've opened my eyes again.

So, the experience of that, seems to fry my short term memory of before and after the kiss, because I come up blank if I try to remember any of them. I recently caught up online with my first love from highschool & we got to chatting all day about those days. After several hours of working our way backwards in our memory from when we had brokeup until we had first met , and finally I said that I was ashamed to admit it, but I don't even remember our first kiss (aka, my first kiss EVER). He said he had been trying to remember that too the whole time we were talking, but had no memory of it at all. We couldn't even remember where we were or what was going on at the time. So that's why I don't feel too bad about not remembering, because they don't seem to either. :crazy:
Wow. Amazing. Does anyone else read this and think it sounds like the Quantum Physics of Kissing. I love it. Makes my heart all fluttery...

·
Registered
303 Posts
LOL - Leave it to me to go all quantum physics on something intimate.:crazy:

Sooooo, Burning Lion?

Have you made your move yet? When you do are you going to let us know what happened?:wink:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Burning Lion, so you're done with your long distance thing ? (ignore it if you dont want to answer )

anyway, keep posting, I'm interested in what happens next between you and the INFJ :happy:
Yessss sir! I tried. I really did. Kept my distance and all. Then I get stupid calls like, "Oh. I see you really don't miss me anymore. You don't call.... That's good. I am so proud of you."

WTF?!?! Who says stupid shit like that? I need a healthy dose of emotion in my life. Can't get any from an ISTJ if we don't live in the same area code.

Neeeeeeeeext!

I haven't made the move yet. Was suppose to today... plans got moved around. Perhaps sometime this weekend.

I'll let you guys know. I just know that I am almost foaming at the mouth with anticipation. LMAO

·
Registered
129 Posts
Aw hope it goes fantastically! And judging from your awesome story, sounds like you will make this memorable for the infj. Hm, wonder if you could go over to the infj section, see what kind of things romance them. I was going to say, try the kiss spider-man style, upside-down and all but I don't know what kind of situation you'd need to get in for that to happen :crazy:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Aw hope it goes fantastically! And judging from your awesome story, sounds like you will make this memorable for the infj. Hm, wonder if you could go over to the infj section, see what kind of things romance them. I was going to say, try the kiss spider-man style, upside-down and all but I don't know what kind of situation you'd need to get in for that to happen :crazy:
Welcome to personalitycafe Barbaloot. Not that I am in any position to welcome anyone having only started myself back in August. None the less...

I thought about that myself... posting in the INFJ's, but I wanted the memories of all my NF's. I believe we can all sort of relate/connect on that level I am aspiring to achieve. Besides... I prowl around the INFJ's from time to time. Certain by now that I have a good enough caricature to know what sort of person I am dealing with. I mean... I've also had the good fortune of having a few pass through my life. INFJ's I mean. I say caricature because we can not afford to forget something very important. All science, as brave, bold, quantifiable, quantitative and qualitative, must account for the human variable. An element so complex, it renders the solutions to certain life equations relatively unpredictable. All except Arithmetic. Math. Arguably the language of universal truth. Consider though, if humans did not invent it, Arithmetic, would it still exist?

I've been studying personality theory for about 15 years now... and there is always that human element that tends to throw out our theories and ideas about the human condition and existence out the window.

Can't do the Spider Man Kiss either. The EX had a thing for kissing me while I was upside down... or positioned herself above me while I was on a bed/couch/chair, in order to kiss me like that.

BTW. WHERE IS YOUR EXAMPLE??!?!?!......LOL

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UPDATE:

Shared pleasant conversations today. Put several smiles on my face. Made plans for Sunday night. Received something like a Pocket Call around midnight. You know... when your friend calls you by accident and you can hear what they are doing/saying even though they are oblivious that you are on the line? Overheard an argument between her and some next guy who did not seem very polite. Actually, he sounded like a Son-of-a-Bitch. I don't say that because she is with him and not me... rather, he sounded very forceful and apathetic. He wouldn't keep his hands off her despite her blatant protests. She sounded threatened and definitely not enjoying herself. When I couldn't listen anymore I hung up and called back. Twice. No answer. Sent two text messages. 1) Are you safe? Do you want me to throw the bum out?.... No answer. One hour later. 2)Your friend doesn't sound like a very polite guy.:angry: Hope you are alright. I'm sure you have everything under control. No answer.

GOD DAMMIT. FML. I was hoping to avoid the use of any sort of life-preservers on this one. I was hoping to slide in to this one much in the same way you would slide in to the comforting waters of the Caribbean Sea on any winter day. People who display Socio/Psychopathic behavior irritate me more than any other kind. Lobotomize the entire lot. Fuck cognitive behavioral therapy.

Sorry... touchy subject. Just frustrated. Seems like I always fall for Brighter Laughter's signature pic.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
When I first met my gf in real life we basically went from charging headlong into each other just like in the movies, although we were quite awkward about it, to holding each other tight to kissing. So i barely remember the first few of those kisses. Until she proceeded with the first french kiss! That was like being hooked up to a 380 volt power line.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
It was Valentine's Day. The object of my affection was sitting at his desk, occupied with taking cards out of his decorated shoebox container. I winked at him. He pretended not to notice. With mischief in my eyes, I turned to the boy closest to me, "Do you dare me to kiss him?" I asked, knowing the answer already. With unholy glee, he answered in the affirmative. I approached my quarry with care, coming up in his blind spot so he would be unaware of my presence until I was directly behind him. He lifted his head, aware of someone in his personal space. As he turned his head, I threw my arms around him, planted a bold kiss on his cheek, and effectively scarred him for life. This was second grade. He was too quick for my second attempt. :p

>.> I don't really have a vast amount of experience....

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
UPDATE:

Shared pleasant conversations today. Put several smiles on my face. Made plans for Sunday night. Received something like a Pocket Call around midnight. You know... when your friend calls you by accident and you can hear what they are doing/saying even though they are oblivious that you are on the line? Overheard an argument between her and some next guy who did not seem very polite. Actually, he sounded like a Son-of-a-Bitch. I don't say that because she is with him and not me... rather, he sounded very forceful and apathetic. He wouldn't keep his hands off her despite her blatant protests. She sounded threatened and definitely not enjoying herself. When I couldn't listen anymore I hung up and called back. Twice. No answer. Sent two text messages. 1) Are you safe? Do you want me to throw the bum out?.... No answer. One hour later. 2)Your friend doesn't sound like a very polite guy.:angry: Hope you are alright. I'm sure you have everything under control. No answer.

GOD DAMMIT. FML. I was hoping to avoid the use of any sort of life-preservers on this one. I was hoping to slide in to this one much in the same way you would slide in to the comforting waters of the Caribbean Sea on any winter day. People who display Socio/Psychopathic behavior irritate me more than any other kind. Lobotomize the entire lot. Fuck cognitive behavioral therapy.

Sorry... touchy subject. Just frustrated. Seems like I always fall for Brighter Laughter's signature pic.
Tough break. Guy sounds like a douche-bag. :angry:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts