Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to think of famous people that are/were ESTP types with a heavy Fe. I've never known a single ESTP with a heavy Fe, and I'm just trying to get a mental image in my mind of what that would look like.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
uh, me after a successful date with an NF of some sort.

Mostly my fantasies and date ideas. If I'm into a girl and I'm having a near euphoric good time and you happen to see me you'll know. I would say, Fe comes out when I am feeling most like a leader or like a perfect person. I can talk to anyone in any mood and any circumstance and not care one bit that they think I'm a wierdo. I stand tall with my head high and greet everyone with a smile and a loud enthusiastic, "Hey [name] how ya doin!" and talk to everyone as if meeting them that moment were the best moment in my life.

This is rare. Usually I'm just sittin here, rapin n***** asses (boondocks reference).

·
Registered
42 Posts
uh, me after a successful date with an NF of some sort.

Mostly my fantasies and date ideas. If I'm into a girl and I'm having a near euphoric good time and you happen to see me you'll know. I would say, Fe comes out when I am feeling most like a leader or like a perfect person. I can talk to anyone in any mood and any circumstance and not care one bit that they think I'm a wierdo. I stand tall with my head high and greet everyone with a smile and a loud enthusiastic, "Hey [name] how ya doin!" and talk to everyone as if meeting them that moment were the best moment in my life.

This is rare. Usually I'm just sittin here, rapin n***** asses (boondocks reference).
I know exactly how you feel at this kind of moments. It's like a kick of self-confidence that makes you think you can do anything, really ANYTHING.

Though I'm not sure that that's really the Fe function that is acting out. Fe is the function that normally would make you adjust to the social environment. That's what makes it easy for us to mix with different groups of people. While sensing the group-mood with the Se, we react with the Fe in the way that would be appropriate and best in that situation in that group.
I think ESTPs who don't have a well-developed Fe,would also seem more introverted. I read somewhere that the 3d function develops later in most of the cases, after you turn 20. I know another ESTP who's older than me and I saw that his Fe is much more developed than mine. For example, he gives more attention and thought to what is appropriate to do in certain situations.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
well ever since I started working with kids several days ago I've felt completely different about myself. I used to just make jokes but not put forth any effort into letting you know they were jokes. So most people were offended. Now it feels like I have to, and my reception is generally a lot better than it was. Fe isn't something I can do on my own, I feel. Its almost like it has to be brought out of me by someone else.

So from my perspective, Fe is the part of me that knows how to communicate with children. Idunno if that's it or not, but I had to sit down and think about it before I went into work the other day "how did I do this again?" So if you could translate that into talking to adults somehow you might know what it is.

Also I used to type as ISTP, usually when I'm unhappy. So I can see how lacking Fe would make you more introverted. As for sensing the group mood, yeah that's a piece of cake. I looked at a bunch of high school girl instructors sitting around on the gymnastics floor talking to one another. Their faces looked, well, I could imagine a lot of high school drama. I stay far away from them.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know exactly how you feel at this kind of moments. It's like a kick of self-confidence that makes you think you can do anything, really ANYTHING.

Though I'm not sure that that's really the Fe function that is acting out. Fe is the function that normally would make you adjust to the social environment. That's what makes it easy for us to mix with different groups of people. While sensing the group-mood with the Se, we react with the Fe in the way that would be appropriate and best in that situation in that group.
I think ESTPs who don't have a well-developed Fe,would also seem more introverted. I read somewhere that the 3d function develops later in most of the cases, after you turn 20. I know another ESTP who's older than me and I saw that his Fe is much more developed than mine. For example, he gives more attention and thought to what is appropriate to do in certain situations.

I do that too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts