• ENTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I am sure i have depression. I dont have any real friends, it makes me feel like crap, so empty... ;( ;( ;(
Female, 17

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?
INFJ, INTJ. I have completed another questionnaire ealier and people typed me as INFP, but honestly, i dont see myself as one.

3. Click on this link:Flick: Explore! Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here (or write the link like example: www[dot]flickr[dot]com/photos/jacoboson/8697480741/in/explore-2013-05-01), and write your impression of each of them.

1) Hello world! | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Such a wierd background. lol, this bird looks like grumpy cat.
He is like
- You, you are so cuute birdd... :kitteh:
- NO.

2) Time to harvest (3) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
It reminds me travels to other cities- we pass through a lot of places like this. For me, these places seem so peaceful, simbolize summer :)

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?

Firstly, would check how much time i have. If i am low on time, i would be on a rush. Probably i would tell my friend how busy i am, concentrate on my thing and listen to my friend with one ear.

Inside i would think: can she shut up now

If i can finish fixing it later i would focus on my friend and fix it later.
5a. What are some of your most important values?
Intelligence, hapiness, humour, meaning, respect, tollerance, comfort, listening to my own heart, family, achieving goals

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?
Yah probably. Reason... life changes and growth.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?

Are these people my friends? Lets say, that all i know about them is their names.

I became overly sensitive in past few years... mood would fall for sure. I may fire up inside and feel desperate for whole human race if i am in that mood, wouldnt say a thing then. If i was chatting with these people, i would protect that person or at least murm how rude is that. Not because i care particuarly about that person- i would act that way to show up or because that is right thing to do...

If these people are agressive i would get insecure myself.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?
Intresting topics, debates, trying out new stuff, meditating, sunbathing, reading (scientific or ezotheric, i dont like fiction literature), drinking 5 cups of coffee a day (yah i indulge in sensory things a lot)

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?
Being around negative people, being alone in a croud, superficial talks, lack of/ no meaning

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that?
i get 80proc.+ introverted on tests... but i think i am somewhere in the middle between introvertion and extrovertion.

Communication drains and exites me at the same time. I have trust issues. In childhood, since i was like 4 years old had social anxiety... it is a little complicated as you see. Unsolved issues hah.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?

Streghts:
- I can read people well, for that reason i rarely judge someone (if i dont get person's motives i become paranoid and very intrested in that person)
- Am more tolerant than most of the people, trustable
- I have my opinions of things
- Am punctual, organised enough
- Can do stuff like tidying, do homework fast
- Ughh i know how to astral project?...

Weaknesses:
- Stuff that is intresing for me (religions, psychology, ezothery, tablets, nso, parashit, growth) is not intresting for 90 procents of population. Finding common ground is hard
- Appear wierd, dummy, unserious, avoidant, weak, childish
- I need meaning. I find it hard to do stuff that has no meaning for me. I couldnt be a nihilist either, because then the world doesnt make sense. (no i am not a part of any religion for now)
- Too private, uncomfortable around new people
- Can be too stubborn
- Kind of self sabotaging

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

If a stressful event (like exam, performing) is coming i start worrying days before, even conciously i can not even remember that event. And when the event comes- turn off, dissociate and do what i need to do.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?

My inside. I am scared people will end up hurting me.
Topics about self esteem, social acceptance- these are the worst.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?
Imagined conversations about something intresting, rethinking situations. If i am heading somewhere- roughly think about the scenario, what i will do, some what ifs...

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?

Depending about what.
I hate getting feedback about my behaviour, negative character traits and appearance.
Feedback about my views is welcome.
Feedback about my works is welcome only from competent people (like teachers), people wandering around and telling me what to change annoy me.

Althrough inside i will take all the feedbacks- it helps to grow.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?
Sorry for my language, English is not my native one :)
Thank you :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
You sound like INTJ to me. You sound like an introvert, and you're definately an N, your answer to 4 implies Ni specifically. I think I can also read Fi and Te, and your answer to 13 is about contingency planning, which apparently INTJs are the best at. I can see why you might have been typed as an INFJ because the T/F was the last one I came to a conclusion about, but since I know close friends of those two types, you don't sound like my INFJ friend. Of course, you could be on the borderline between T/F?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would say that you were an INFJ. There is little doubt in my mind that you are a Ni dominant, as you seem both insightful and understanding. And your hobbies are generally "intuitive" hobbies that seem a bit abstract and require an understanding of theory. (If it can cheer you up, approximately 27% of people in the world are intuitive, so you are not as alone as you think!) :wink:

But i also pick up a lot of Fe here. An example of this is in question 4, were you avoid hurting your friend (And don't tell her to shut up) in order to maintain the external harmony. You also say in 7b that you find it draining to be around negative people and in 9 you talk about how well you read other people (Which is also Ni).
Fe would be your aux. function as you probably know. But since you extrovert it, it's what other people mainly pick up when meeting you.

My theory would be that you are INFJ, but your current situation has caused you to become more self-conscious and introspective, which may have caused your shadow fi have a lot more presence than it actually should. As a result, the online test confuses your personality with INFP and INTJ. :happy:

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Could you please expand your answers surrounding the pictures some more?
Preferably, choose a new picture and give a longer explanation.

So far I will say...

EDIT: @SSAJ, I think you've misunderstood Ni (and praise it a bit too much). Ni doesn't make you insightful and understanding per se. Look at people like @Herp, he's for example what you attribute to Ni and he's an ISTJ (which means inferior Ne).

·
Registered
290 Posts
@AmodoCattus

I think these two pretty much make certain that you are INFJ.

- I can read people well, for that reason i rarely judge someone (if i dont get person's motives i become paranoid and very intrested in that person)

- Stuff that is intresing for me (religions, psychology, ezothery, tablets, nso, parashit, growth)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the answers :) @MBTIObsessed yah, i think i am more on T side. Althrough i dont think my F is far from it.. @SSAJ if i have Fe it is probably inferior or i am in niti loop..., . I am no way one of these people who serve others and cant be happy inside if someone is unhappy outside. @Acerbussvenator

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thegreenalbum/9450807088/in/explore-2013-08-06This building looks like waves? Glossy and expensive. Probably it is a hotel- too fancy and unusual for dwelling house and it cant be an office (work) bulding because it has balconies, random stuff is seen.
At least star 4. Probably is near the sea- building itself is like a sea, unloaded with details, light. Is taken in sunny enviroment, so probably this place is currort.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Acerbusvenator: Sorry, it was a bad choice of words...
But as far as my understanding goes, Ni overlooks all the small details to get to the core of the issue. Thereby it finds common trends, symbols, meanings or patterns. (Which is what I meant by insightful) And when combined with Fe, it allows you to read people as it looks past the exterior details to get to the core of the person.
This is what I picked up on, when she said that she can read people very well. It was also furthered by the fact that she likes things as astral projection, which I view as a very Ni thing, considering the general disconnection from their physical bodies, some Ni's feel because of their inferior Se. Lastly she also mentions a need for a deeper meaning, which can be fuelled by Ni as well.
Do my conclusions make any sense? :happy:

·
Banned
465 Posts
I am sure i have depression. I dont have any real friends, it makes me feel like crap, so empty... ;( ;( ;(
Female, 17
You're a teenager. You may have depression, but you're too young to be sure. A lot of people your age feel that way, but it doesn't last. Also, the fact that you say you feel "empty" because you have few friends makes me consider the possibility that you might actually be an extrovert. An anxious or even depressed extrovert, maybe. But an introvert, especially an INTJ, is not likely to describe himself as "empty" because he has few friends. Also, I've never once seen an INTJ use emoticons. Doesn't mean anything really, but it's an observation.

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?
INFJ, INTJ. I have completed another questionnaire ealier and people typed me as INFP, but honestly, i dont see myself as one.
What was it specifically that made them type you as an INFP? What feedback did you receive? Have you examined the functions closely? Did they examine the functions closely, or just go by stereotypes/the four letter code? A lot of so-called MBTI "Experts" are barely even aware of the functions, and instead just follow the "well you sound like an I, that's borderline N/S, that sounds like F behavior, you must be a J" kind of logic which is totally wrong. What they don't realize is that the code they are familiar with is all stereotypes and assumptions based on predictions made because of the functions. There are not even close to as many INTJs and INFJs, the rarest of all types, in the world as there "are" on the internet. I cannot begin to tell you how many ISTJs I have seen mistyped as INTJs, perhaps the single most common mistyping of all-time. There are also a lot of INFPs mistyped as INFJs, etc. The list goes on and on. The J/P line in particular seems to cause the most confusion, because people think "Oh, you procrastinate? You're a P! Oh, you're organized? You're a J!" Wrong wrong wrong. It all comes down to an understanding of the functions, not stereotypical behavior. These people are diagnosing the symptoms, not the roots. My point is that you must be very skeptical of this kind of advice unless these people can actually thoroughly explain why the function stack of a particular type applies to you. Even the tests can often be inaccurate, because they too tend to oversimplify and diagnose the behavior rather than the functions.

Such a wierd background. lol, this bird looks like grumpy cat.
He is like
- You, you are so cuute birdd... :kitteh:
- NO.
Still emoticons eh? Well, I guess it's not impossible for an INTJ to use them, but hell, they barely have emotional expressions in the real world. Can't imagine them doing it on the internet. But on a serious note, I don't think this Rorschach test kind of BS really means anything.

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?

Firstly, would check how much time i have. If i am low on time, i would be on a rush. Probably i would tell my friend how busy i am, concentrate on my thing and listen to my friend with one ear.

Inside i would think: can she shut up now

If i can finish fixing it later i would focus on my friend and fix it later.
This tells me little. Honestly, I think your reactions could go for almost anyone regardless of type.

5a. What are some of your most important values?
Intelligence, hapiness, humour, meaning, respect, tollerance, comfort, listening to my own heart, family, achieving goals
Not specific enough to say much. I potentially see some Fi in you though. If anything, Fi seems like one of your strongest functions, so I can see why they would say INFP before. The fact that you listed "achieving goals" last could be an indication of tertiary Te. Also in line with INFP. But you might be ENFP too.

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?
Yah probably. Reason... life changes and growth.
Flexibility, eh? Don't see your path as set in stone? Don't see yourself as deliberately controlling any potential change? Not enough to judge between J and P, but it doesn't exactly give points to the J side. Seems in line with an Fi and Ne combo.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?

Are these people my friends? Lets say, that all i know about them is their names.

I became overly sensitive in past few years... mood would fall for sure. I may fire up inside and feel desperate for whole human race if i am in that mood, wouldnt say a thing then. If i was chatting with these people, i would protect that person or at least murm how rude is that. Not because i care particuarly about that person- i would act that way to show up or because that is right thing to do...

If these people are agressive i would get insecure myself.
Listen, I'm sorry, I know I said not to rely on stereotypes before, but unless you are an extremely unusual INTJ, you are not an INTJ. Also, this sounds very very much like strong Fi. Potentially Fe though since you are willing to stand up for someone you don't even know, though that could actually go either way because you say "it's the right thing to do." I definitely see no Ti. Someone with Ti would not judge these people unless they already have reason to think they are wrong in their statement. They would not feel it is their place to defend someone they don't even know.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?
Intresting topics, debates, trying out new stuff, meditating, sunbathing, reading (scientific or ezotheric, i dont like fiction literature), drinking 5 cups of coffee a day (yah i indulge in sensory things a lot)

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?
Being around negative people, being alone in a croud, superficial talks, lack of/ no meaning
I wouldn't necessarily say drinking coffee is a particularly "sensory thing." But if being around negative people and superficial talks bother you, I can see inferior Si and still, some strong Fi. You don't want to confront these negative people or let their moods sour yours, correct? Also, "trying new stuff" and "having meaning" indicate potential Ne.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that?
i get 80proc.+ introverted on tests... but i think i am somewhere in the middle between introvertion and extrovertion.

Communication drains and exites me at the same time. I have trust issues. In childhood, since i was like 4 years old had social anxiety... it is a little complicated as you see. Unsolved issues hah.
Social anxiety throws off these tests. I will say that an extrovert with social anxiety is going to be much more negatively affected and, as you said before, depressed than an introvert, who it will not affect on as deep a level. So I'm led to believe you are in actuality an anxious extrovert, energized by communication. That is, assuming your Ne is your primary function and Fi your auxillary, which seems quite plausible to me right now. So far, my best guess is ENFP.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?

Streghts:
- Am more tolerant than most of the people, trustable
- I have my opinions of things
- Am punctual, organised enough
- Can do stuff like tidying, do homework fast
- Ughh i know how to astral project?...

Weaknesses:
- Stuff that is intresing for me (religions, psychology, ezothery, tablets, nso, parashit, growth) is not intresting for 90 procents of population. Finding common ground is hard
- Appear wierd, dummy, unserious, avoidant, weak, childish
- I need meaning. I find it hard to do stuff that has no meaning for me. I couldnt be a nihilist either, because then the world doesnt make sense. (no i am not a part of any religion for now)
- Too private, uncomfortable around new people
- Can be too stubborn
- Kind of self sabotaging
All of the things I bolded are strong indications of Fi, with the exception of the first weakness, which sounds more like Ni, actually. Interesting. Could be Ne as well, however. Most N-doms of either extraverted or introverted intuition often feel like you do about finding people to discuss what we find interesting. The "organized enough" stuff sounds like Te, but not primary or auxiliary Te.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

If a stressful event (like exam, performing) is coming i start worrying days before, even conciously i can not even remember that event. And when the event comes- turn off, dissociate and do what i need to do.
Inferior Si perhaps? Some more indication of tertiary Te as well.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?

My inside. I am scared people will end up hurting me.
Topics about self esteem, social acceptance- these are the worst.
More indication of social anxiety, which can potentially be brought on by inflated Fi.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?
Imagined conversations about something intresting, rethinking situations. If i am heading somewhere- roughly think about the scenario, what i will do, some what ifs...
Imagined conversations and rethinking situations sounds more like Ne than anything else to me.

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?

Depending about what.
I hate getting feedback about my behaviour, negative character traits and appearance.
Feedback about my views is welcome.
Feedback about my works is welcome only from competent people (like teachers), people wandering around and telling me what to change annoy me.

Althrough inside i will take all the feedbacks- it helps to grow.
All still sounds like Ne-Fi combo.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?
Sorry for my language, English is not my native one :)
Thank you :)
You did pretty well considering. I assumed you were a native speaker who just happened to make a few typos. No real major mistakes.

But anyway, based on all the information given, I am going to have to type you as ENFP. That is:

1. Extraverted Intuition (Ne)
2. Introverted Feeling (Fi)
3. Extraverted Thinking (Te)
4. Introverted Sensing (Si)

The twist is that you also have social anxiety. This is why you do not behave like the typical extrovert, and why you are distressed at your lack of strong relationships and connections with people. You strongly desire to have conversations about your ideas with others, but just can't find them both because of your insecurity and because there are not many out there willing to take an interest in your Ne ideas and interests. The organized behaviors have nothing to do with being a J, but are a result of tertiary Te, not enough to completely take charge, but enough so that there is some kind of logic to your thinking. Alternatively, you may really be an INFP after all, which would be inverted to look like Fi-Ne-Si-Te. INFJ (Ni-Fe-Ti-Se) is a distant third possibility, but I believe I saw more Fi than Fe, more Te than Ti, and more Si than Se. You had some interests typical of Ni, but this is also explained by the Ne tendency to bounce around between ideas and experiment with them. Overall, closet match still seems to be ENFP. Read up on it here to see if the description sounds anything like you. Warning though, if it doesn't apply to you perfectly that's OK and take it with a grain of salt. It's still stereotypes, but there is some truth in all stereotypes. And the one thing I can be fairly certain of is that you are not an INTJ. Neither your behavior nor your functions were at all consistent.

Portrait of an ENFP

Interestingly, you did not include this as an option in your poll!

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Thanks for the answers :) @MBTIObsessed yah, i think i am more on T side. Althrough i dont think my F is far from it.. @SSAJ if i have Fe it is probably inferior or i am in niti loop..., . I am no way one of these people who serve others and cant be happy inside if someone is unhappy outside. @Acerbussvenator

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thegreenalbum/9450807088/in/explore-2013-08-06This building looks like waves? Glossy and expensive. Probably it is a hotel- too fancy and unusual for dwelling house and it cant be an office (work) bulding because it has balconies, random stuff is seen.
At least star 4. Probably is near the sea- building itself is like a sea, unloaded with details, light. Is taken in sunny enviroment, so probably this place is currort.
There's only one s in Acerbusvenator. :)

Anyways, in basics (will help you know where I am coming from):
Sensation tells you that something is (often detail driven).
Intuition tells you how they connect (often context driven).
Thinking is how you reason logically.
Feeling is how you reason ethically.
They are then divided into subjective and objective attitudes.
Si, Ni, Ti and Fi all originate from oneself and is detached from the external world. For this reason they are seen as subjective functions.
Se, Ne, Te and Fe as contrast all exist in the external world and are detached from the internal world. For this reason they are seen as objective functions.
You got a set preference for 4 functions which doesn't change, but you can use the opposite function attitudes at the expense of it being more draining and harder to do (like a right handed person using their left hand).

Si for example is a very abstract function as not only does it focus on details, but it focuses on how they make you feel. How they impact you. There is this subjective tone on the sensations. Contrary to Se which has a lot colder and detached connection to the sensory.
I guess this would be why ESTPs are known for doing crazy stuff like skydiving as it is a direct sensory experience vs an ISFJ who might want to go over for the weekend to some place they used to visit as a kid or doing something they've used to do (this isn't connected to memory, but connected to a subjective sensation).

There seems to be enough of both sensation and intuition in you to state that an INJ or ISJ type is unlikely.
I suggest reading this: Really Me and then find your inferior function.
We can sit and guess and guess, but it is all just guesses and really, you are the only one who knows yourself enough to type yourself. I mean, we can get lucky, but it's really just that over the internet.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
But as far as my understanding goes, Ni overlooks all the small details to get to the core of the issue. Thereby it finds common trends, symbols, meanings or patterns. (Which is what I meant by insightful) And when combined with Fe, it allows you to read people as it looks past the exterior details to get to the core of the person.
This is what I picked up on, when she said that she can read people very well. It was also furthered by the fact that she likes things as astral projection, which I view as a very Ni thing, considering the general disconnection from their physical bodies, some Ni's feel because of their inferior Se. Lastly she also mentions a need for a deeper meaning, which can be fuelled by Ni as well.
Like I said, misunderstanding of intuition.

Answer this, if looking into the core of people is an Ni thing, how come that the EFPs I've met seem to be far superior at doing that?

Also, inferior Se doesn't make us feel detached from our bodies, it gives us problems with sensations. I will for example from not noticing the elephant in the room to hearing a whisper as sharp as if someone was screaming into my ear.
Please go here: Online Tone Generator - Free, Simple and Easy to Use. put it on about 5700 Hertz, put the sound on high volume and have a pleasant inferior Se experience. It doesn't actually sound like that, it just feels like that, but a lot sharper, like it is cutting my eardrums or something. Probably the best auditive explanation I can give at least.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Like I said, misunderstanding of intuition.

Answer this, if looking into the core of people is an Ni thing, how come that the EFPs I've met seem to be far superior at doing that?

Also, inferior Se doesn't make us feel detached from our bodies, it gives us problems with sensations. I will for example from not noticing the elephant in the room to hearing a whisper as sharp as if someone was screaming into my ear.
Please go here: (Insert link here). put it on about 5700 Hertz, put the sound on high volume and have a pleasant inferior Se experience. It doesn't actually sound like that, it just feels like that, but a lot sharper, like it is cutting my eardrums or something. Probably the best auditive explanation I can give at least.
Alright, my understanding of intuition mainly comes from the results you get when you google: "How does Ni work?" (Sites like personalityjunkie etc.) which usually describe the Ni function the way I tried to do it.
Can you perhaps recommend a source with more accurate and trustworthy descriptions of the functions, I would really appreciate it! Perhaps it would also help me understand my own type a bit better, since I'm at a loss as well?

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Alright, my understanding of intuition mainly comes from the results you get when you google: "How does Ni work?" (Sites like personalityjunkie etc.) which usually describe the Ni function the way I tried to do it.
Can you perhaps recommend a source with more accurate and trustworthy descriptions of the functions, I would really appreciate it! Perhaps it would also help me understand my own type a bit better, since I'm at a loss as well?
I linked this earlier: Really Me

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wow, a lot has happened here since I last looked. Well, just as a backpeddle statement, INxJ was all I was sure of, INTJ was more of a guess based on minimal observations and my own amateur usage of cognitive functions...

Also, just to mention a couple of things that Debaser said, I have seen my (male) INTJ friend use emoticons, but it is rare and situational, and I NEVER use them, so I'd say that it probably a good way to cast doubt on INTJ. It's also interesting that you say ISTJ mistyped as INTJ is a very common mistyping, since I was the opposite (INTJ mistyped as ISTJ)... ok maybe not that interesting...

I will say that being "empty" doesn't necessarily describe an Extrovert though, since I (an Introvert) have felt "empty" before due more to a lack of purpose, and a lack of companionship with a certain specific few people. Introverts (especially Ni?) seek deep connections with people, and if they can't find anyone they get on well enough with to have those connections, that could lead them to feeling empty. This is just based on my own (fairly recent) past experiences, so it might not be relevant to generalise them like I'm doing...

Saying that, you seem to know much about reading cogvitive function, and was just wondering if there were any books or websites or something that you think helped you understand cognitive functions better, since I'm still fairly new to using/understanding them.
NB: I've already read Really Me, recommended by Acerbusvenator on a different thread.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Debaser- well there were 2 people saying i am INFJ and 3 saying that i am INFP. INFP side was less biased, they noticed Fi (pointed out that i care a lot about abused animals more than real people in my life, set my own ethical norms) and Ne (jumping thoughts, reading people, creating ultimate plans and not really completing them, wide interests) in me.

Haha when i was younger i used to laugh make once a day, i was used to not showing my feelings, they were mine and only mine. I needed to become more outwardly emotional on purpose with effort, because of social pressure- i hated when people told me how i never smile. And i was convinced that 'girls should be emotional to be accepted and loved' lol... anyways, now it comes naturally and i feel so much more free. It makes sense if i am Fi user...

Nah i dont see anything in myself that is set in stone.

I feel the need to talk about 'intresting' subjects, share info i found, discuss it out. I do that in forums because i havent found a person who would enjoy these topics.

Wooooops i missed ENFP :D and cant edit anymore

Really thanks for such an informative answer.

Will read about ENFP more.

@Acerbusvenator yah i use Si probably. But how is Si different from Fi then? thanks for the book will read it.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
@AmodoCattus

I think these two pretty much make certain that you are INFJ.

- Stuff that is intresing for me (religions, psychology, ezothery, tablets, nso, parashit, growth)
We do not know by what means she reads people... nor do we know if her self-assessment is accurate. Also, love em or leave em, INFJs wax a tad judgmental. At the very least, they are unlikely to lack a strong conclusion of something they 'read'. The casual syntax here points us away from an INFJ typing. Though, it is a passable indicator or Ni in some position. Could be Si as well, I suppose. Also, the refusal to judge is probably more indicative of Ji than Je usage... and since we are talking about value judgments, presumably, this is possibly pushing us to Fi in some position.

This prompted me to rant about type and mysticism.. which got a bit long so I am hiding it for those interested.

Not to be snarky, but you didn't pick up on it so much as she just blatantly said it. Astral projection, as well, is not specifically an Ni thing. It, like horoscopes and all other manner of such esoterics are just as much if not more the chosen interest of SJ and, less likely, SP types. My ESTJ sister-in-law is a member of a new age cult and does readings on people. She is the least 'N' person I can think of... but, walking into her house and seeing eclectic masques lining the walls from exotic places... crazy abstract art, and kooky stained glass... you'd think she was an 'N' for sure. She is an 'N', actually.... a tertiary Ne to be exact. I've never had anyone, including herself, type her anything but ESTJ - she fits it perfectly. Now, her husband is an ENTJ and her sister an ENFP - both very strongly and accurately typed - and they both think it's all fairly kitsch... when prompted to give their opinion. The ENTJ didn't really care and the ENFP didn't really notice. The surface of things is fairly irrelevant to both. The ENFP sister thinks her new age beliefs are absurd but doesn't know how to subvert them without harming the relationship. I strongly doubt any NFP would be into astral projection or anything like that. Ne is a very objective function and they are usually the first to reject subjective esoterics like that... second being NJ types, believe it or not. Though the NJ types seem to replace the subjective esoterics with some of their own.

I think a lot of psychics and tarot readers, dowsers, mediums, etc, etc as SJ types. My sister, an ESFJ, thinks she reads people really well (and that she types people really well) and that is sometimes true. Still, I wince when she says someone is, say, an INFP and I explain why I think they are an ISFP and she says "Oh, well, that's just because they are a Pisces." Sylvia Browne, one of the most famous mediums/psychics in the world, is very likely an xSFJ.

However, someone thinking they can astral project? If it's a very personal thing, it's more likely Ni. The more exclusive and personal, the more likely Ni. Ni in any position, really. I come from Mormonism, a religion based on a guy who vividly described angelic visitations - ones that others claimed to have seen - who literally wrote a huge book of scripture by on the fly dictation - with very few errors or inconsistencies (well, blatant ones, at least) and developed his own religious philosophy that I think is one of the better in the world (though admittedly fairly derivative). The guy was claiming and describing things waaaay past stuff like astral projection. He is almost universally typed ESTP. He is a poster boy for ESTP, actually.

Anyway, moral of the story: being into stuff like astral projection is not an indicator of N... sometimes, quite the opposite.

I see no good indication of Ni or Ne in a strong position for @AmodoCattus ... I do agree with @Debaser on Fi/Te, though I think that she is more likely a strong, even dominant Pi... than a Pe (aka, she is a 'J' type). Not certain about that, but I am going to guess xSTJ. She is clearly not going to fit stereotypes, and since I doubt there is going to be an iNtuitive function I can connect with in order to discuss this with her on that level, I suspect we may hit a brick wall with this one. Yes, the more I think about it, I think @Acerbusvenator is right. SJ of some sort, with that low order Ne getting looped in somehow... probably the depression or whatever is causing it. Maybe just the vicissitudes of youth or maybe just a really interesting personality!

Amodo, whatever you are, you're unique. I strongly disagree with an xNFP typing, despite @Debaser's excellent line of thought (are you an xNTP, Debaser? That's the impression I get from you).

·
Banned
465 Posts
Amodo, whatever you are, you're unique. I strongly disagree with an xNFP typing, despite @Debaser's excellent line of thought (are you an xNTP, Debaser? That's the impression I get from you).
ENTP. I still think xNFP is likely, but this is admittedly a tough one. You make some good points yourself. "Unique" is certainly the right word. But the big thing is, I think tertiary Te such as in an ENFP could explain some of the "J" behavior. I'm not quite sure about dominant Pi. Not sure about SJ, because she discusses wanting to share her ideas with others but they lack interest. The world is dominated by SJs. It's the Ns who usually have the problem she describes.

Reactions: Psychopomp

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
ENTP. I still think xNFP is likely, but this is admittedly a tough one. You make some good points yourself. "Unique" is certainly the right word. But the big thing is, I think tertiary Te such as in an ENFP could explain some of the "J" behavior. I'm not quite sure about dominant Pi. Not sure about SJ, because she discusses wanting to share her ideas with others but they lack interest. The world is dominated by SJs. It's the Ns who usually have the problem she describes.
I love how your type is literally twice shown on all your posts... and I had no clue. LOL. Good times. Yeah, ENTP is exactly what I got from your posts. Right on. I am glad for this doubly because it will provide the context to counter an xNFP typing. We Ne types engage the essence of things with an offhanded ease. The result is quite the dialog. We really get going. xNFPs join us in this trait. We operate on the same level and we understand one another. We actually can get a bit off in some far field by the time we are done. They can comprehend and keep up with our back and forth, especially ESxJ types (ISxJ types usually need to slow things down a bit) but the most important aspect of Ne, the genesis of (kinda half-assed) hypotheses that derive from a mature and objective comprehension of the essence of what is being discussed is something that they will quickly fall behind. They will keep pulling it back towards a conclusion to work from.

Thus, this very discussion will reveal the truth. An xNFP is going to come in and go blow for blow with us. An xSTJ is going to be overwhelmed or at least will spend the majority of the time trying to induct all the hypotheses into a conclusion... as @AmodoCattus is indeed doing. SJ types do this very well and show their intelligence in the process. That is why I love ISTJs. They ALWAYS understand my Ne. I can go full blast Ne with an ISTJ and they will totally follow me, no problem. ISTJs might project a curmudgeonly aspect, but I find that there is a lively Ne aspect not far beneath the surface. Like the ISTJ I work with - who is a freaking VOLUNTEER traffic cop, and one of those ones who takes it really seriously as only an ISTJ could - who also writes really great Warhammer 40k fan-fiction! and forced me to read Marvel: 1602. He would totally buy into astral projection. If he got a shred of sensory evidence (even imagined sensory evidence) he'd be all in. I am sure my Lightworker ESTJ sister-in-law gets rebuffed regularly when discussing her ideas. She puts stones under her kids pillows...... My ENFP wife and I would shut that conversation down like the damn Spanish Inquisition! Our Si shutting down her Ne? That's rich. Actually, I think it's our Ne/Si shutting down her Si/Ne.

Brass tacks: ISTJ is an Ne type just like I am an Si type. Knowing that, it becomes a question of ......... function maturity? Not sure the right words here.

Reactions: Ellis Bell

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
@Acerbusvenator yah i use Si probably. But how is Si different from Fi then? thanks for the book will read it.
First of all, Si is about how you perceive the world and Fi is about how you judge it.
Secondly, Si is connected to sensations, Fi to values (what you see as good or bad/agreeable or disagreeable).

They can't really be comparable beyond that because they deal with completely different things.

As a side note, Jung said that sensation is the most closely related to feeling and intuition the most closely related to thinking. Doesn't really change anything tho other than that STs might seem more like Fs than NTs and NFs more like Ts than SFs. But not really relevant.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This prompted me to rant about type and mysticism.. which got a bit long so I am hiding it for those interested.
Not to be snarky, but you didn't pick up on it so much as she just blatantly said it. Astral projection, as well, is not specifically an Ni thing. It, like horoscopes and all other manner of such esoterics are just as much if not more the chosen interest of SJ and, less likely, SP types. My ESTJ sister-in-law is a member of a new age cult and does readings on people. She is the least 'N' person I can think of... but, walking into her house and seeing eclectic masques lining the walls from exotic places... crazy abstract art, and kooky stained glass... you'd think she was an 'N' for sure. She is an 'N', actually.... a tertiary Ne to be exact. I've never had anyone, including herself, type her anything but ESTJ - she fits it perfectly. Now, her husband is an ENTJ and her sister an ENFP - both very strongly and accurately typed - and they both think it's all fairly kitsch... when prompted to give their opinion. The ENTJ didn't really care and the ENFP didn't really notice. The surface of things is fairly irrelevant to both. The ENFP sister thinks her new age beliefs are absurd but doesn't know how to subvert them without harming the relationship. I strongly doubt any NFP would be into astral projection or anything like that. Ne is a very objective function and they are usually the first to reject subjective esoterics like that... second being NJ types, believe it or not. Though the NJ types seem to replace the subjective esoterics with some of their own.
Well "picked up on" was more a matter of wording than anything. English isn't my first language and so I try to spice up my vocabulary a bit to avoid sounding too plain and foreign.

But I honestly think that the real problem here, is all the misinformation regarding the MBTI that's out there. I have come across several sources that describe Ni almost literally as I did in my post (many of them written by self-claimed "experts"). A quote direct from personalityjunkie's INFJ article states:

"Of all types, INFJs (and INTJs) are the most disconnected from their own bodies. Not only is their S function inferior, but INFJs use Se rather than Si, and Si is the function that confers an internal sense of one’s own body. INFJs commonly report a sense of disembodiment, as though living in a perpetual, dream-like state. "

That being said, my argument was: The disembodiment that astral projection brought you, would feel more natural to an Ni-dom because of the inferior Se, making them feel out of touch with their own bodies. A conclusion that Acerbusvenator pointed out was wrong.

But I don't think I said anything about the whole INFJ = Mystic -thing. Yet I fully understand and agree with most of your rant (Which also explains why Si is often associated with Yoga -unless that is wrong as well).
And I do apologize if my misinformation caused any confusion, as it was never the intention...
-Back to square one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts