Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

So, yes. I work at a local pizzaria and... well this starts earlier... I lived at a monastery (zen) and while meditating one day I began to cry. I asked myself why I was and my brain for no reason said that I needed to go back to Logan, UT and talk to my friend Dan. Upon return my friend got me a job at a local pizzeria while there I met a girl named Brittany who I fell madly in love with and she makes me happier than I've ever been... Until her family took her away from me recently, they just want to control her and not let her be with people who don't believe in their church... It's been upsetting and I've recently turned to quite dark thoughts. I'm male, 22 years old and right now I'm pretty upset about quite a lot...

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?

I first scored INTJ... I thought that was totally me... but I was 18... started to look at other personality types. I took a break from the whole MBTI thing for a few years then about 6 months ago it took my interest again. I typed as ENTP. That seemed to fit until I started talking with other ENTPs... they all seemed so full of themselves and they didn't have the one thing that I have seen in myself all my life: Love... ENTPs where concerned about relations.. sure but I was obsessed by 3rd grade I was in the principals office 3 times for kissing girls. In 5th grade I worked myself into a panic attack over who I was going to marry. After thinking of this I typed myself again getting ENFP this made a ton of sense to me but as I looked into it I started to doubt it... I was aloof... I was excitable and jumped from topic to topic quickly for no reason, but I felt that other people's emotions affected me more, I was my own person and definitely kind of a "hipster" just because I tend to be a bit of a "maverick" but that being said I was keenly aware of how others felt and had a hard time dealing with myself when people around me are sad... that said Fi fits me or at least I think so. I am detached so much that my mom constantly calls me a selfish, heartless, bastard, even when I speak of how love makes me feel, specifically when talking about Brittany because it makes her envious of the love I show others but not her. So yeah recently I've typed INFJ and ENFJ... but I did once type as ESTP... which... fits but I'm NOT physically inclined what so ever... still though competitive at times... (think video games, board games, card games)

3. Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here
/photos/chenroom/9534901653/in/explore-2013-08-18 and /photos/chenroom/9534901653/in/explore-2013-08-18
so the first one I like because the background looks so....looming and dark, it contrasts well with the foreground and it's awesome dark greens and swampiness. All in all I would love to visit where that is... which I dunno there is Chinese writing in the corner so maybe China? The second one is a really close up of a moth... or maybe butterfly... I'm guessing moth though... pretty straight forward picture... I don't really feel like doing this part right now and I'm in a bit of a time crunch so I'll come back to this later maybe. Sorry that I can't post links yet :(

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?

Well I appreciate the company, I probably would find a way to make them related without really trying all that hard... If I'm going to get in trouble for him/her talking to me while I'm trying to work I'll probably quietly tell them to leave so as to not get me in trouble but I find that most work that I do "fixing things" just ends up being boring and engaging my brain and talking to them while I work would make time go faster, so long as I don't get in too much trouble for working a bit slower... meh at least I had fun.

edit: it seems that looking back on this one if he isn't helping me he isn't useful as far as the task is concerned but for my sanity it helps

5a. What are some of your most important values?

I value: Loyalty, Honesty, Generosity, Charity, Knowledge, and Justice which in my case is closer to what people would call mercy...

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?

Probably not... I mean I might change my definition of Justice or like change it to mercy if I have to many misunderstandings over what I mean but... yeah not really changing not that I can see... I only don't value knowledge when it hurts others... even then like... you need to hear what is. As far as the others go though that is totally how I roll this is me, you couldn't take my value of loyalty away without taking me away I just wouldn't be myself

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?

Well this actually happens... alot.... :(... but inwardly I would still be hurt... I mean I find myself to be of ok morals... sure I doubt myself and my morals all the time but... I dunno rude or cruel though is what I get most often and being those is just kinda... well it comes from honesty... if you ask me how I feel about a situation and ask me to be honest I'm telling you how I feel... and it won't be nice 9/10 times... I mean sure I consider myself to be mostly optimistic but when it comes to people sometimes the best growth we can get is from hearing what others honestly think of us sometimes that means hearing that we are causing other people pain... I dunno... Maybe they are trying to get me to grow as well? I dunno I would be pretty kind outwardly if it was someone I cared for by like my when my mom says this stuff I defend my actions...

Edit: in regards to all of this I tend to hear that I think I'm right about everything... which doesn't makes sense... must just be how I say some things...

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?

I like being in intense situations as far as my work goes, like when I'm managing and I'm jumping between taking pizzas out of the oven and topping them, helping customers, making dough, and bussing tables, that's fun... I also enjoy playing video games although that mostly drains me. Reading a good book helps but I think the best thing is how like I seem to attract like 5 really close friends to myself, then getting all of them together and sitting out in the shade of a tree and just laying about talking is the best... I feel so refreshed afterwards... We also go ice skating, out to movies, play frisbee on the quad... but mostly the more physical things don't do the same thing for me as the whole relaxing hippie thing.

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?

Being around jerks... when I see someone stamping out someones humanity and free will it just... hurts... deep.. when I saw Brittany's parents treating her like a child I went home and just laid in bed and cried for days. (BTW I'm really open with my emotions on the internet because I don't care what you know... I mean... so what?) The funny thing is that if I had just went out with this small group of friends I probably would have got over it sooner... still... yeah... it's just so taxing.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)

Well I think of myself as introverted... I don't really do well in large groups but... well I need people and LOVE to talk. I like being around people and... I wouldn't be surprised to find I'm an extrovert at all really... at the monastery I couldn't stand being alone and not talking all the time I need to talk... need to...

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?

Well on the whole time thing I'll be brief greatest strength: Loyalty, greatest weakness: Honesty I tend to flatter, lie and deceive often but no matter how tough the going gets for a friend I will always be loyal to them, always. I usually lie to make others happy and that hurts and is a great NOTICEABLE weakness because it hurts to know that in all actually although the truth hurts it may in the long run be better for them to hear, so I try and strike a balance.
Some other strengths: I often am told that I am sweet... I speak from my heart, or try to, and that means telling people who mean a lot to me how much they mean to me... this though becomes great weakness when I kinda get trampled on.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome

Well I tend to feel that everyone, and I mean everyone is against me. I plot, I come up with some "justice" plan and never act on it. I get all sorts of sad and watch sad shows, movies, listen to sad music read sad books and just experience the emotion... also if I'm too stressed I drink. Not to excess but I get a bottle of wine and just... try and relax. Other things that I think you see when I'm stressed is I usually get sick, eat less, sometimes more, I start to imagine myself with terrible diseases...

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?

I have alot of these but my softest spot is my love. If I love someone and they don't reciprocate (which is uncommon) it just tears at me like... OMG it just kills me inside. I can be a bit of a control freak as well... I usually do it without trying but I notice myself saying: "But it's supposed to happen this way" a lot... for instance when I was in 3rd grade my friend came to school with a broken arm, and something bothered me about it and he always gives me crap (yes still) about how I nearly yelled at him saying he broke his arm in the wrong spot.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?

I tend to think about... everything... like I think all the time about stuff... tons of stuff... video games, how to beat a boss the maximum efficient leveling route, speed runs, etc. Poker how to win how to win basic strategy, I think about love like 98% of the time though... like love, death, life, humanity, and lot's of symbolism... I tend to also think about food a lot, just part of being a chef. I brood for sure. I think about the future a lot always thinking of how things could be. I think about love of course, for a while there I would think about how it doesn't really matter but I really couldn't keep that up, I need people... I dunno...

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?

Umm generally feedback is good but like... when people are too negative or too positive it can be draining, ideally I would bet feed back when I ask for it... lol... not so much like it when my boss stands over my shoulder and watches me.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?

Ask the questions and try to push me on things that would be the most helpful to you and I will be as prompt as possible in answering them. I want to help you to help me here so sorry if you need more info, I will get it to you as soon as possible. Sorry that I just have a massive wall of text above me... but I really need help...

Edit: formatting and added some details

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 6w7 9w1 so/sp
3,417 Posts
INFJ looks about right. NF seems pretty obvious. I guess you are J as well (you do some sort of judging, but mostly you stick with your believes and so). That makes NFJ so far logical.

Finally, you say you're I, and that could be true; it would fit with certain things in your story.

You often are a 'protector' in your story, actually.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for replying, yeah looking into INFJ seems to resonate with me quite a bit... I dunno like I feel extroverted but...naw... I mean people tire me out eventually... thanks for the help... I would really like to see a compelling argument as to why I am that over any other NF, NT, or SP type... but I know that may be asking a bit much...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts