Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Human dietys. Yes they are real (At least in the eye of the teenage girls). Yes, those musicians/boy bands who pop out every several years.

Recently, UK boy band '1 Direction' arrived in New Zealand. News coverage showed fans standing outside their hotel from 5am in the morning waiting in anticipation for a long period of time. (its autumn and not exactly warm at that time in the morning)

A store recently opened up selling band merchandise and was just flooded with eager customers.

You get the story, you'd have thought they'd have just won the lotto jackpot.

What i ask it why? Why so much eagerness and idolisation? I dont think i've ever seen guys show the same sort of behaviour. Sure there were/are guys who were eager to see '1 direction' but they didn't show anywhere near the same amount of enthusiasm

Its not something new either, Justin Beaber had the same effect but i'm unsure whether it is still there.

But getting back to the question. What drives their eagerness?

My initial guess was they were hoping to get laid but surely the odds of that happening are painfully obvious to anyone?

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Guys act the same way, just towards different idols.

Ever been at a store at midnight on the day a new gaming console is released? No? Good. People have been shot for those. Yeah. >_>

Reactions: Wellsy

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Last convention I went to, the gate ticket line was already wrapped around the building three times hours before it opened.

Luckily we prepaid and our line was significantly shorter and got to go in first.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys act the same way, just towards different idols.

Ever been at a store at midnight on the day a new gaming console is released? No? Good. People have been shot for those. Yeah. >_>
daim. Don't think that happens in New Zealand lol! I guess the reason behind that would be part of gaming addiction and being really hyped up to get playing asap.
I've always been a 'wait half a decade before buying consol/game' or 'wait till steam puts game at half price even if i means a year' sort of person so i wouldn't really fully understand that.

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
I don't really get it either, but it was just an example. *shrug* I think it's rather silly that teenage girls (and even some women) go crazy about things like Twilight, but at the same time, there's a rather annoying double standard implying that guys are infallible to this when they're not. They just have different idols.

Sports would be another example of crazy fandom. Riots can break out when teams lose games for crying out loud. And adults participate! >_>

·
Registered
ENFP, 7w6
2,123 Posts
Last convention I went to, the gate ticket line was already wrapped around the building three times hours before it opened.

Luckily we prepaid and our line was significantly shorter and got to go in first.
Dragon Con 2011 by any chance? :) If there is a next time, I will certainly preorder my tix on line! Grrrr...

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
Dragon Con 2011 by any chance? :) If there is a next time, I will certainly preorder my tix on line! Grrrr...
Nah, was Motor City, years ago. Bunch of Marvel and DC people were there plus it was one of the first conventions in the area that had a really big manga and anime component.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't really get it either, but it was just an example. *shrug* I think it's rather silly that teenage girls (and even some women) go crazy about things like Twilight, but at the same time, there's a rather annoying double standard implying that guys are infallible to this when they're not. They just have different idols.

Sports would be another example of crazy fandom. Riots can break out when teams lose games for crying out loud. And adults participate! >_>
Ahh yes sports. Didn't think of that. Yea we still have flags flying high in peoples front yards even months after the victory!
Guess i'm pretty emotionless then i suppose :dry: - Thats something to take into consideration

1 - 8 of 8 Posts