Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am a little bewildered, stunned, and heartbroken today to find out the girl of my dreams, whom I dated for a few months at the end of last year, has in 7 months since we parted ways, gotten married. Wondering what you all thought and questioning how I begin to move on. I feel like Ive loved her since I was 17, and now at 36 and after reconnecting and now, disconnecting, not sure what to think. Thoughts.

And thanks.

JT

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I am sorry for how you must feel. I haven't been in this situation, nor do I care to imagine being in it. I can't give you any advice aside some general words of thought. She seems to have moved on from you, and time will move on regardless of your desires... If healing is what you are looking for... look forward, not behind. Dwelling on this will only cause more suffering in the future as well as prevent potential opportunities that lay ahead. I know you must feel very sad, and at a loss... but think of it as, "This is the way the Universe has for telling me that something better awaits ahead." Since she wasn't the one for you, don't give up and instead go find the one who is.

I don't know the particulars of your former relationship, but I would imagine if she cared for you at all, she would want you to be able to move on as well. Put on a smile and look onward! :proud:

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,110 Posts
How did you two split up? Was it a mutual termination?

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Not entirely relevant to your situation, but regardless, it's a beautiful song and it has helped me thru some rough times.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, I know this really isn't going to make you feel better, but . . .

This is going to happen a LOT in life. You can't hang on to everything forever, you'll lose things you value all along the way.

So, you feel sorry for you self for a little while, then you suck it up and move on to the next thing. Not because it's wise, or noble, or brave -- just because you don't have a freakin' choice.

It's just all there is to do.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yeah, that's not a good feeling. Unrequited love is the worst... but you can't do anything about it... otherwise it wouldn't be unrequited.

Just move on... wright a song... there are other people out there for you to meet... it's not impossible.... but it most probably will be difficult...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts