Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing as a good bitch and a bad bitch ?

Or is a bitch just a bitch ?

Are there different types of bitches ?

How would you define them ?

(example: is a whiny bitch the same as a stuck up bitch? or a nagging bitch the same as a crazy bitch?)

Could it ever be a good thing, to be a bitch ?

Define ... Bitch.

And anything else that suits your fancy :p

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I like to look at my (female) dog and say "We bitches got to stick together."

Still waiting for my chance to say, when someone calls me a bitch, "You say that like it's a bad thing." (apparently I am not bitchy enough to be called one.)

OK, let me try for a serious answer. Yes, bitches come in many flavors but at the root they are all women who are not co-operating. Because we all know how important it is for women to be pliant and accommodating. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Seems to me, when the term is used against a female its because shes not submissive and docile, but when its used against a male its because he is.

- "Shes such a raging bitch."
- "Hes such a lil bitch."

As far as good or bad, its subjective. I have been perceived as a bitch (big surprise! hurrr), but then others perceive my assertiveness and will to be extremely admirable or attractive. I'd just say those who find it unattractive are lil bitches. ; P

Post meant mostly in jest. Mostly.

·
Sweet Matrimony.
ENTJ 8w7 so/sx
7,160 Posts
I'ma boss bitch :cool:

No in all seriousness though, it has a gazillion meanings that depend on context.

Off the top of my head:
crazy bitch
lazy bitch
boss bitch
stoner bitch
my bitch
stuck up bitch
your bitch
B.I.T.C.H (Beautiful, Individual, Talented, Charismatic (&) Hot)
fat ass bitch
mad bitch
big booty bitch
what the fuck bitch?

... all have different meanings.

Anyone who calls me a bitch who isn't a close friend though gets a "O.O...?! Do I know you from somewhere...? That's what I thought, keep it moving bitch."

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Why do we define some oranges as juicy? Others as big? Some small? Same reason we further qualify the term bitch: To provide additional information and context.

I wish I could answer your question, but it boils down to the same crux - definitions are ultimately subjective, as such, there are no ubiquitous standards for when and where they should be applied. What I call a bitch is most likely different to you (or anybody else).

The qualifiers just serve to vary up the tone of the word, 'tis all.

·
Registered
6,937 Posts
Bitch is just a designation, like dick, asshole or cunt. On its own it meant nothing. You make the word versatile so it suits the need of the statement. Anyone can be a bitch, no mater their gender or behavior.

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What I call a bitch is most likely different from what you, or anybody else, would call a bitch.
for the sake of simplicity ....

In my experience, I've been called a bitch (just today actually) when I speak my mind and the person isn't accustomed to having a female talk to them that way? I wan't cussing or being crazy. Just matter of fact, debating - and their response was, "well. maybe you're just a bitch". lol! I was like well ... apparently you are for getting your boxers in a bunch. :p

Back to the idea that I don't think it's a bad thing, to be a bitch.

although I agree that there are some ways of being a bitch that is not good.

Reactions: carlaviii

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bitch is just a designation, like dick, asshole or cunt. You make the word versatile so it suits the need of the statement. Anyone can be a bitch, no mater their gender or behavior.

but is that behavior a bad thing ?

every time I've been called a bitch, I haven't been (imo) awful as much as I was, adamant?

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
for the sake of simplicity ....

In my experience, I've been called a bitch (just today actually) when I speak my mind and the person isn't accustomed to having a female talk to them that way? I wan't cussing or being crazy. Just matter of fact, debating - and their response was, "well. maybe you're just a bitch". lol! I was like well ... apparently you are for getting your boxers in a bunch. :p

Back to the idea that I don't think it's a bad thing, to be a bitch.

although I agree that there are some ways of being a bitch that is not good.
Depends really.

In the context you outlined, bitch was just a cheap comeback when they have nothing else to say. Society still has this madonna/whore complex where women are expected to be subservient and unspoken; deviations are 'unwomanly' and 'wrong'.

It's kinda frustrating when women who are -

a) Unemotional
b) To the point
c) Outspoken

Are labelled as bitches, merely because they dare go against what society says they should be. Sheeple, the lot of them.

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
MmmmmHmmmm.

Personally, I only define a "bitch" as someone who is being combative and nasty. Its always in a negative manner. In fact, that's the only context that I use the word.

I never call someone a bitch in a light/teasing manner, as I've heard some women use it. For eg "You are such a bitch Joan" to a friend with a giggle. To me, it's not the sort of word that I would use in that way.

There's no good bitch/bad bitch dynamic in my mind. When I say "she's a bitch" or "she's a complete bitch" I mean it in such a negative manner that it's plain I consider that the person has absolutely no value whatsoever. It is, flat out, a full-on judgement of her utter worthlessness as a human being.

I don't say it often. When I say it, I mean it.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I like Maddox's definition, myself.

Noun: Bitch (bich):
  1. "A miserable person who sucks all joy and happiness out of life, and makes life a little less worth living by her consistently shitty attitude. When not complaining, her drama and gossip will fill the void. He or she (but usually she) refuses to do something with a group, and will forego hanging out with said group unless they’re doing something she wants to do. She will put her interest ahead of others every single time, just for the sake of being a bitch. A bitch hates fun.
    "Hey guys, sorry we can’t check out that cool new Brazilian restaurant, Janet is being a bitch."​
  2. A status you assume when you take one in the pooper while incarcerated.
  3. What you become when you fail at pool, bowling, Quake, english, math, Street Fighter Alpha, etc.
  4. Having a thankless job where you work lots of overtime without pay while your boss is on vacation.
  5. Having to sit in the middle seat between two people in a car or plane.
  6. Being last in line to get cake or ice cream at a party.
  7. Crying and throwing a tantrum about something nobody gives a shit about, including you.
    "I’m not going to give you $6 for my share of an $11 pizza when all I owe you is $5.50. I shouldn’t have to pay extra, waaaaaah!"​
  8. Having a high opinion of your looks and a sense of entitlement when people compliment you. Your ego is usually punctuated with a “hottie" shirt, which makes you slightly less tolerable to be around than children, and slightly more tolerable to be around than a saucer of goat [ahem]."

·
Banned
6,806 Posts

But seriously, calling a woman a bitch is a way to discredit her by addressing her tone of voice without actually addressing the content of what she's saying.

Now there are some horrible bitchy women out there, of course, but I feel like the word bitch is overused to the point of meaninglessness due to its misogynist potential.

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MmmmmHmmmm.
wasn't !!! there was a type in an earlier post. I swear!!! :tongue:

no. seriously. I wasn't at all being mean. I was just speaking my mind and that was their comeback.

Fairly ridiculous imo. But I do realize I have that persona for some people :(

I don't think I'm THAT bad.
I'd like to hope someone would tell me I was without the name calling so I could actually hear 'a point'.

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@LeoCat hahaha! Omg! I completely forgot about that song!

I have not heard that song in AAAAGES ... I hate being old :(

:p

Reactions: HellCat

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I don't care if I am called a bitch unless its someone I am in a relationship with..because I am never a bitch to them, always about dignity, respect and compromise with me and that to me signals manipulation/emotional blackmail and time to dump them. Unless its in a fun bdsm way.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I think that word has come to encompass rude or mean behavior, but I suspect that it's proper definition lies in being annoying. The word should liken to when a person barks or nips like a dog, with the implication that the words hold little intrinsic value or merit; much like a dog who just won't shut up.

For example, if someone starts whining about a problem that can't be solved but they just want you to know how upset they are, that's called bitching.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
my ex wife is a bitch. but I try not to say that as she is the mother of my children, and she is only protecting her interests by runniong me into court every few years.

some women on occasion act bitchy. it is short term. if they are VERY good friends I will point out my opinion, and the specific behaviors, and I will do it as a friend.

Some guys act bitchy. I usually tell them.

Women who are acting bitchy and who I don't generally like I leave alone.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.