Personality Cafe banner

Good Book or Good Movie?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So! which do you prefer?
Reading a good book or watching a good movie? And why?

I personally prefer reading a good book because they last long, I can read at my own convenience and a book makes a bigger impact that a movie.....

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
A good book. They allow me to use my imagination to visualise what's happening.
They also tend to be much more enjoyable for me, than movies.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I voted Good Book only because I get more out of rereading a masterpiece than out of rewatching one. Movies are good for me once---maybe three times if it's Tarantino---whereas I have books I've been constantly rereading every six months for the past six years.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Comparing apples to oranges.

The criteria for a delectable book is different from a delectable movie. A good book stimulates you in different ways than a good movie. Even the way they leave you breathless is different.

Having said that, in general, i find a book more appealing than a good movie, maybe because the book is more an active pleasure whereas the film is a passive pursuit.

·
mafia mod
13,326 Posts
a good book. In a good book ,the characters and plot are well developed. You also have the depth of the vocabulary.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'd have to go with movie on this one. It's not that I hate reading, but I'm just really slow at reading and it takes forever for me to read a novel and get everything out of it. I do agree with a lot of the positives of reading though. I guess I'm just lazy XD.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I prefer a good book. There's much more enjoyment to be had from one.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
I picked a good book because I would rather increase my grammar, diction, and be able to paint the imagery in my mind as I continue onto the next page.

·
Registered
10 Posts
First the book, then the movie (if there is one). I like to compare my internal images to those created by the actors, director and producers. (nn)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
A good movie allows for a couple of hours of inactivity accepting the director's interpretation while a book allows for many more hours of imagination, and can be enjoyed in bed, on a lunchbreak or train journey or taken outside on a nice day. No contest :happy:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I love books, mostly nonfiction, but I don't do as much reading anymore. I like to spend my entertainment time drawing, painting, practicing mandolin and working on my clay projects. I can rent or go to a good movie with my better half and I keep a book beside my bed for some night reading.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,078 Posts
I voted book, although I do get alot of enjoyment from both.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Good book because I can carry it with me wherever I go. I can read it when I'm out or waiting for an appointment, etc. and still not have to be in the real world.

It's hard for me to buckle down and watch a movie.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts