Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know of any colleges that are a good fit for my ESFJ friend? Right now she wants To be a nurse, but that could change.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey! You've asked a bit of a tricky question here, because if she wants to be a nurse, then I would say go for the BEST med school out there, and for undergrad go for a school that will provide good connections. By that I mean look at the quality / rank of their pre med programs, the professors on staff, and their med school placement rate, specifically the percentage of graduates who got into their first choice of med school. The nurse / med stuff aside, there's a great book out that I recommend if you're looking for type compatibility.

The book is called: Find the PERFECT COLLEGE for YOU, 82 exceptional schools that fit your personality and learning style. (second edition) by Rosalind P. Marie and C. Claire Law.

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: Zombie Devil Duckie

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think you go to med school or take pre Ned to be a nurse. You go into a nursing program. Disregard that I said that. Just colleges that are a good match

·
Registered
67 Posts
Oh really? Lol sorry, I'm completely ignorant of the medical field, I'm on the other side of the academic spectrum entirely hahaha. That being said, so that you don't have to buy it unless you want more info, I think I have mine nearby. Allow me to check it for you.

Ok sweet! I forgot how great this book is. The back lists colleges by type and then also by discipline. Only 2 were listed for ESFJ --> Nursing, those being the University of Pennsylvania and Salve Regina University, which I admit I've never heard of. Penn is definitively a powerhouse though, was on my list as well not too long ago.

The book itself goes over why both are good social environments for specific types as well as how the teaching styles / programs cater to different types, but seeing as I don't know the author and don't want to feel like I'm cheating her out of a purchase, I won't copy all that down.

Hope it helped :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts