Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an INTP female and I've just met an amazing ISTP, we've already established how we feel about each other - that we like one another. And just for the hell of it, I'm pretty interested to hear if anyone else has had any experience in such a match and how it played out?

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I have no idea, let us know how it works out. I'm wondering if two Ti's can manage to talk to each other on a regular basis. :laughing:
I wouldn't worry about that, actually. What I'm a bit curious about is the effect of two people with shadow Fe rubbing against each other daily. Communication will be an important thing here...

EDIT: ..which, I realize, probably is exactly what you meant. :blushed:

·
Registered
62 Posts
My personal experience is that INTPs talk too much and the thinking aloud thing drives me nuts. They think their ideas are always better so I don't know why they bother to ask for mine. As friends though, I have no problems getting along with them. They don't take things personally and have a set of principles they firmly stand by generally - I appreciate those qualities. But definitely I need to take a break every so often.

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
My personal experience is that INTPs talk too much and the thinking aloud thing drives me nuts. They think their ideas are always better so I don't know why they bother to ask for mine. As friends though, I have no problems getting along with them. They don't take things personally and have a set of principles they firmly stand by generally - I appreciate those qualities. But definitely I need to take a break every so often.
An interesting point. I have what I think is an INTP supervisor that enjoys talking and needing a committee to decide a problem. However as "Behind the Scenes" interacting types, the need for input from many is indicative of INTP types whereas ISTP types having a "Chart the Course" interaction style becomes annoyed if they see no movement in resolving a problem. It's also indicative for them to consider their points of view to be key, so I may say as little as possible to get out of his office and back to work.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
One of the moderators here, Promethea, is an INTP and he commented on INTP/ISTP friendships and relationships. Hopefully I don't misquote him. He enjoys the friendships, but relationships were a different story.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I pretty much second this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
He seems to want to interact more on a daily basis than I really want. I am looking forward to the two day break I am about to get from him coming over and hanging out because we made plans on Monday, and I think he is as well. Not that I think that is a bad thing I feel that way, or if he feels the same, it’s just…for the past three days we have hung out on a daily basis for many, many hours.

For sometime I thought I was an INFP because I am not the typically cold-hearted INTP, but I know some INFPs and for the most part, with the exception of one, I find them very selfish and unrealistic, and they don’t understand logic at all. I know about four of them…and I hurt their feelings often with my honesty and my thoughts on the different views of situations they find themselves in, and how they are acting immature and less than practical. But for the most part they are beneficial because of their willingness to help and their caring attitude, anyway enough about INFPs. The main point I am trying to make is that I am not coldhearted, and I come off as very sweet and understanding (once I am familiar with someone) and people find me very easy to be honest and open with, so communication in relationships is not a big deal for me. We always have something to talk about. Especially because he always has stories to tell whether it be the summer he went to Berlin, Germany. Or just the other day, how he found a flier for flying lessons, and took an introductory lesson. He showed me the video of him landing the plane as well. It was awesome. He is also teaching me two new languages.

I do think aloud, and I talk very often, but he enjoys it. I stop every once in a while and ask if he is interested in what I am saying or if I should change the topic to something else, and not to worry about hurting my feelings. That I don’t mind at all if he wants to talk about something else.

And as for thinking my ideas are always better, that is something I would expect from an INTJ rather than INTP. I form ideas while talking about them, my opinions often change with the exchange of ideas because I have processed and gathered new information to reshape and reform. There is always room for improvement. I also have no problem seeing and accepting other people’s opinions for the most part, as long as they have sound reasoning.

I enjoy his independence and unique way of thinking. He is intellectually stimulating and very adorable.
One of my concerns was that I have a best friend who is an ISTP and we used to date. He liked me because he felt we had a connection through the way we could remove ourselves from other people, but in the end ultimately we could not develop a relationship very deep, but this ISTP likes me for an opposite reason. He enjoys how understanding I can be and how considerate I can also be without taking anything very personally to the point of being offended.

My ISTP friend is also very uncaring, whereas the ISTP that I am seeing is very sweet.
I’ve also found that he is very fond of food. Every time I cook or bake for him he is ecstatic, so because he is interested in different cultures I’ve decided to buy a cook book about different dishes from different cultures and make him one at least once a week, and tell him the background behind it as well. Would an ISTP typically enjoy that?

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
My ISTP friend is also very uncaring, whereas the ISTP that I am seeing is very sweet.
I’ve also found that he is very fond of food. Every time I cook or bake for him he is ecstatic, so because he is interested in different cultures I’ve decided to buy a cook book about different dishes from different cultures and make him one at least once a week, and tell him the background behind it as well. Would an ISTP typically enjoy that?
I love food. I live to eat! I wish I could find someone to cook for me all the time, because the eating is more fun than the cooking!

And I think I would enjoy a lesson in the history of a particular cuisine. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts