Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were you aware of what is good or bad when you were a child? I used think when I was 13 or 14 that talking to girls was bad, then my mother told me it was not, then I began talking to them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Being an INFP (strong internal sense of values), I'd say yes, I always an innate sense of right vs wrong, or at least, good vs bad. It's always bothered me to see anyone being harmed, cheated, lied to, etc. And it bothered me even more to see others do these things without batting an eyelash.

Just curious -- since this thread is in the Baby Boomers section, how was it meant to relate to us Boomers? If the intent was to gauge if we Boomers are any more likely to know good from bad than other generations -- I'd say that's really an individual trait, nothing to do with generation. However, I do think the Boomers were much more willing to ACT when they saw injustice, than previous generations were. For that, I give them credit.

·
Registered
803 Posts
"Natural" values things, mostly I knew they were good or bad (hurting sentient creatures for instance, or dropping rubbish on the ground). Some things that were more "senseless formalism" type rules I always questioned though. "Why CAN'T you do this if it isn't hurting anyone?" --"God wouldn't like it". "Why not, and anyway how do YOU know?" etc. I was never one to turn the other cheek - or strike first, either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts