Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think there are some good points of ISFP?
It seems that, while talking about ISFP's personality descriptions,
they are always negative or unfavorable...
Even when sb say about how useless or how negative of these,
there could only be some responses stating like "you miss the good part of ISFP", "there is still many good points of ISFP"...
but it's rare to listen to that "ISFP could be ____!" "ISFP is good at...."
Just like... because we all are unclear or actually don't know about how good ISFPs are...
and based on the beliefs on "all personality should have good points and bad points and none of them is superior to each other" to response the sentence of "ISFPs have some good points, tho"....
Could you guys suggest some clear descriptions of how good ISFPs are?:happy:

·
Registered
864 Posts
I'm very good at calculus? Lol... that beats one of the stereotypes about ISFPs suck at mathematics.
I'm also very flexible and punctual. Who doesn't want that? Okay, that's enough about me.

We are actually very capable at excelling in school, but the way they want us to learn does not fit us. We can also be unbiased. Most of us do not like taking sides when we know the stories from both side.

Simplicity... Don't we love simplicity? We dislike making things more complicated. Honestly, liking simplicity does not make us simple minded. The more possibilities and meanings you seek, the more complexity and complication you receive. That can get caught up in a negative loop. Simple does not mean retarded. Anyways, we are close to the reality.

One of my ENFP friends could not understand why I have no classes on Tuesdays. He became so frustrated with himself by thinking why the hell on earth would anyone want to take Tuesdays off. It's like in the middle of the week! Then he went off to thinking about the advantages of having other days as a day off. Oh please... I have Tuesdays off because none of the classes I need are offered on that day. It's that simple. Why stress yourself over it?

Ni is our third function, right after Se. Se and Ni combined can be very useful. Se takes in surrounding information and Ni can help us break down and foresee what's going to happen next based on what we interpreted.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I'd say we're one of the most laid-back types, we don't feel as much of a need to succeed, we certainly put play first, we find enjoyment in the natural world... if there's any type that's the best to relax with, it's ISFP! Just don't bring up any serious topics and we're all good.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd say we're one of the most laid-back types, we don't feel as much of a need to succeed, we certainly put play first, we find enjoyment in the natural world... if there's any type that's the best to relax with, it's ISFP! Just don't bring up any serious topics and we're all good.
I hate myself soooooo useless... :(
I always dream that I could have some mysterious abilities or high potential abilities...
but never have any.... :(

·
Registered
864 Posts
I hate myself soooooo useless... :(
I always dream that I could have some mysterious abilities or high potential abilities...
but never have any.... :(
How old are you? If you don't mind me asking.
I always thought about being useless when I was back in high school. My Se was also poorly developed during my early teen years.
Being in college really changed that.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How old are you? If you don't mind me asking.
I always thought about being useless when I was back in high school. My Se was also poorly developed during my early teen years.
Being in college really changed that.
I'm 90's, just in 1990.
I have a test result as follow:
Introverted Feeling (Fi) |||||||||||||||||||||||| 11.31
Extroverted Sensation (Se) ||||||||||||||||||||||| 10.86
Introverted Sensation (Si) |||||||||||| 5.39
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) |||||||||||| 5.08
Extroverted Thinking (Te) || 0.24
Introverted Thinking (Ti) || 0.22
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) || -0.81
Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||| -4.94

Your Extroverted Sensation (Se) is very developed.
Your Introverted Feeling (Fi) is very developed.
Your Extroverted Intuition (Ne) is moderate.
Your Introverted Sensation (Si) is moderate.
Your Introverted Thinking (Ti) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Thinking (Te) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Feeling (Fe) is moderate.
Your Introverted Intuition (Ni) is low.

I don't know, but I used to think that I'm quite useless...= =+

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually, I wanna question there, do other ISFP also want to be laid-back tho you might not enjoy to be the center of attention?
At least to me, I think I wanna be special...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Taken from:
http://personalitycafe.com/isfp-articles/12067-characteristics-isfp.html

"Main Characteristics
ISFPs are found in about 6 percent of the general population. The best name for this type is free spirit, for they have an intense need for freedom. The simple rural life, life in the wilderness, the tribal/communal life - all these may call them. Their need for social interaction, however, is not as great as that of the type they most resemble, the ESFP. So an ISFP may forgo all social ties of any duration to preserve the freedom to wander. The lyric, "I was born under a wandering star...", might capture the spirit of the ISFP in this respect. The flower children of the 1960's may have been largely ISFPs, though the ESFPs also seem attracted to communing with others.

ISFPs also resemble INFPs in needing to achieve intensity of feeling. The focus, however, with the ISFPs seems to be more on the sensuous side than the meaningful side. The ISFP is orgastic, in the sense, demanding of life that it provide the excitement and pleasure of drinking deeply at the Dionysian well. Not revelry (that is the forte of the ESFP) but experience is what attracts the ISFP to these kinds of activities. Music, like wine, is incorporated and internalized, and the introverted nature of the ISFP requires this internalization. There is a reason why the flower became the symbol for what the flower children wanted: Flowers are warm, alive, sweet, colorful, rhythmic, natural, absolute, needing no statement, no interpretation - a pure being in self.

ISFPs are not articulate. They communicate through action. They do not verbalize their meanings, but, for example, offer a lovely flower and a smile. Their actions speak of the pastoral and the bucolic."

Apparently ISFPs are the best at being hippies.
Nevermind that description, ISFPs should be good at Fi things.
ISFPs are good friends.

Extroverted Intuition (Ne) || -0.81
Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||| -4.94
Negative intuition ...
I didn't even know that was possible.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Eh, lots unhealthy ones can be like that. My mother is also like that all the time. Her unhealthy Fe and menopause is not a good mix.
haha, you're right.
Buy actually, I still think her as J, because she request everything to be well-organized, she hate any sudden things.
(all others in the house is P that always make her mad! lol)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Taken from:
http://personalitycafe.com/isfp-articles/12067-characteristics-isfp.html

"Main Characteristics
ISFPs are found in about 6 percent of the general population. The best name for this type is free spirit, for they have an intense need for freedom. The simple rural life, life in the wilderness, the tribal/communal life - all these may call them. Their need for social interaction, however, is not as great as that of the type they most resemble, the ESFP. So an ISFP may forgo all social ties of any duration to preserve the freedom to wander. The lyric, "I was born under a wandering star...", might capture the spirit of the ISFP in this respect. The flower children of the 1960's may have been largely ISFPs, though the ESFPs also seem attracted to communing with others.

ISFPs also resemble INFPs in needing to achieve intensity of feeling. The focus, however, with the ISFPs seems to be more on the sensuous side than the meaningful side. The ISFP is orgastic, in the sense, demanding of life that it provide the excitement and pleasure of drinking deeply at the Dionysian well. Not revelry (that is the forte of the ESFP) but experience is what attracts the ISFP to these kinds of activities. Music, like wine, is incorporated and internalized, and the introverted nature of the ISFP requires this internalization. There is a reason why the flower became the symbol for what the flower children wanted: Flowers are warm, alive, sweet, colorful, rhythmic, natural, absolute, needing no statement, no interpretation - a pure being in self.

ISFPs are not articulate. They communicate through action. They do not verbalize their meanings, but, for example, offer a lovely flower and a smile. Their actions speak of the pastoral and the bucolic."

Apparently ISFPs are the best at being hippies.
Nevermind that description, ISFPs should be good at Fi things.
ISFPs are good friends.

Negative intuition ...
I didn't even know that was possible.
It's strange, I think there actually many people is ISFP, at least more than 6%, how come?
The first time I read the description of ISFP, I think it's quite special,
but after then, I found many people are ISFP, not a rare type... not special...
at least, most of the friends surrounding me is ISFP,
besides, I found some online survey, for voting which type you are,
ISFP did occupy quite a large percentage...
tho not the largest...

·
Registered
864 Posts
It's strange, I think there actually many people is ISFP, at least more than 6%, how come?
The first time I read the description of ISFP, I think it's quite special,
but after then, I found many people are ISFP, not a rare type... not special...
at least, most of the friends surrounding me is ISFP,
besides, I found some online survey, for voting which type you are,
ISFP did occupy quite a large percentage...
tho not the largest...
There are currently 6.8 billion people on earth. 6% of that is actually a lot lol...
Don't forget, there are 16 types... Having a big percentage for each one is gonna go over 100 for the total.

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
As ISFP naturally aren't bound by logic or "thinking inside the box" when not deemed necessary, the result can be a highly potent lateral thinking-style approach to problems, creating solutions to problems that isn't obvious by step-by-step logic.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts