Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never really resonated with Rappers except with ICP with their song "Homies" (Not gonna put it on because it has a lot of expletives but its meaning of friendship resonates well.). But, recently, I found out about a couple of rappers that feel really good with both their beat and their lyrics.

One is Atmosphere. Slug (Sean) raps really well and talks about true life, like in his song "Yesterday" about him missing his deceased dad and the regret he has for leaving him in coldness.

Another is Aesop Rock. True to his alias, his raps emit great vocabulary. He raps so quickly, you only hear his true meaning by reading along with his raps. However, a lot of them feel really well crafted.

Please, share who you think are also really good rappers or hip hop singers, classic or not.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts

Aaaaaand I'll stop now :crazy:

Edit: I've posted several of these before in the INFP sub-forums soooo apologies if I come off as a broken record :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Anyway, hip-hop runs deep with varying outlooks and styles. There's practically everything under the sun

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Gauze

Thanks. I'm new to diving into the pool of less well-known hiphop/rap that is good. This should be a good place to start :D

Reactions: QueCueYew

·
Registered
111 Posts
people are always surprised when i express my devotion to kanye west but i love him, the majority of his albums are so great and inspiring

also these guys are necessary

·
Registered
416 Posts
Bless this post.
I need to broaden my hip-hop/r&b horizons. My music database is lacking in both quantity and quality in this genre.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
*Warning explicit lyrics , don't listen if you're easily offended*

Reactions: sacrosanctsun

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I like Outkast, the early Outkast (southernplayalistic). I like Eminem, Infinite, Marshall Mathers LP, and The Eminem show but anything after that doesn't resonate with me. I like Nas and have listened to Stillmatic hundreds of times. Nelly's Country Grammar album is a favorite of mine. Tupac, and hard to mention him without Biggy.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I'm a newbie fan but I also recommend Shabazz Palaces :)

I fell in love with dälek when I heard this lyrics.
"If my written words slursThen my speech correct
Keep my meaning inferred to test your intellect
If you remember HipHop nigga 'nuff respect
Deadverse spoken with broken dalek"

dälek

Jeremiah Jae

cLOUDDEAD (some of their lyrics are very humorous)

Billy Woods

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Different rappers have different strengths. For pure technique, I recommend Organized Konfusion, Black Thought, and Kendrick Lamar. For storytelling, I recommend Nas, Raekwon, and Ghostface Killah. For raw emotion, I recommend 2Pac, Brother Ali, and Sadistik. For punchlines, I recommend Biggie, Big L, and Childish Gambino. For songs that bend your mind, I recommend El-P, Sage Francis, and Saul Williams.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Oh my god, I love rap. Two of my absolute favorites who I'm also nearly positive are both INFPs are Kendrick Lamar and Kid Cudi. Also really like J. Cole, Nas, Rakim, The Roots, Kevin Gates, Drake, Kanye West, Jay Z, A Tribe Called Quest, Outkast, Pusha T, Chance the Rapper, Nitty Scott MC. Rap is a really interesting genre if you look a bit beyond the club/dance music that's on the radio.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
Nas. This sounds just as good as when it came out.

Eminem is pretty good too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts