Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
INFJs seem to have a reputation for being bad with money. Is anyone here GOOD with money?

While I still make impulsive purchases, I would say I'm pretty good with money. I'm frugal and I can't tell you how much I LOVE sales and coupons. I hate paying full price! I'm considered living in poverty but I fully own my 2007 car and I close on a house in two weeks. I love how awesome my stock portfolio is performing. This is seems very unlike the stereotypical INFJ and I'm wondering if anyone out there has a similar financial attitude?

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
I'd say I'm good with money. But that's probably cause my family has always been kinda poor. So I don't want to waste too much and have a life without stupid money concerns instead... I also have a bad example...my mother's also an INFJ...and she's not good with money at all. But she's also got less than my husband and I...whatever... :unsure:

Reactions: Eliz

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
grow up with my father and you will know how to save money. huge penny pincher.he will walk an extra block to prevent using a dollar or two in service fees of using a different bank when taking out even 300 dollars.

·
Super Moderator
12,027 Posts
Yep, I am good with money. I have been told countless times that I can make a penny scream! I'm not stingy...just pay attention to what I am doing! Pay the bills first...don't live beyond my means, save a few and what is left is mad money, if I am in the mood! :happy:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well...

Ask me for money, I won't hesitate to give it even if I need it for eating or something...and I don't ask you to pay it back unless its a big-ish ammount (for my age, 15 bucks...10 sometimes but never under, not saying I won't accept it, just that I won't ask for it)

In terms of buying things for myself? Yes...I think I am too good I take like 30 minutes at least before buying something and asking myself if I need it,will use it, etc...even with a chocolate bar (not 30 minutes with that, but yea...)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I used to be great with money, I'm from a poor family. Then I started earning my own and I became bad with money, as I'd make impulse purchases all the time. Now I've reigned it in a bit, and I think I'm just OK at money. I can save it and I have no debt, but I still make impulse purchases and I have no investments.

Not bad but not winning at money either.

·
Banned
2,469 Posts
I used to be good, just saved and saved and saved, had nothing to spend it on, besides the occasional video game. Now, as long as my debts are paid, im spending my cash on my friends, paying for their gas, or their movie tickets, etc.

·
Registered
92 Posts
INFJs seem to have a reputation for being bad with money. Is anyone here GOOD with money?

While I still make impulsive purchases, I would say I'm pretty good with money. I'm frugal and I can't tell you how much I LOVE sales and coupons. I hate paying full price! I'm considered living in poverty but I fully own my 2007 car and I close on a house in two weeks. I love how awesome my stock portfolio is performing. This is seems very unlike the stereotypical INFJ and I'm wondering if anyone out there has a similar financial attitude?
i relate to you......i am great with money and it is the thing that never sat right with me either about infj (everything else is me).....i own my honda odyssey and the 2nd get about car, had both a house and investment property.....shares......the only credit or loan i have is the small mortgage on the house and compared to the average joh blow.....it is miniscule....

i think they got it wrong.......i mean considering we appear conservative and planful in many ways.....wouldn't that mean we would be good with money????

·
Registered
8,672 Posts
I'm bad with money. lol haha....

·
Registered
206 Posts
I am good with money because I am really bad with money:confused:

To explain - I am not good at managing my finances - I don't keep track or plan stuff - that is being good with money. Consequently I don't tend to spend very much and I am pretty tight - so my incomings are greater than my outgoings. But this is an emotional decision based on little information.

·
Registered
759 Posts
It's on trait that's never really applied to me.

I'm the type of person who will go to the store to buy stuff I don't need then think "Do I really need that" then end up buying something cheaper instead so I don't waste my time. I did it just before, I went to get some stuff for the weekend planning to buy a lot then only brought a few drinks and something to eat.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great responses! I wonder what's supposed to make us bad with money--our "wishy washy" nature? I know that sometimes I'm indecisive and impulsive so that definitely doesn't help me with finances... but *shrug* I'm pretty good at being financially conservative. I also grew up poor so that might have something to do with it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'm pretty good with my money. It's funny though, I don't keep a budget. I keep my expenses and reoccurring bills cataloged in my memory. I know what I can afford and what I cannot. It's pretty simple and straightforward for me. :happy:

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
aaaargh I'm horrible with money, I'm always broke :sad:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think I'm OK.

I don't keep meticulous records of all financial transactions - I don't have a great desire to have material items, which helps - I only buy something if I really need/want it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am good with money because I am really bad with money:confused:

To explain - I am not good at managing my finances - I don't keep track or plan stuff - that is being good with money. Consequently I don't tend to spend very much and I am pretty tight - so my incomings are greater than my outgoings. But this is an emotional decision based on little information.
This is me absolutely exactly!
I hope whoever I marry is good at keeping track of finances >>

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm pretty good with money. I think it's a personality thing. My brother and sister (not infjs) aren't as good with money as I am. And we all came from a poor family. Some people will spend money simply because it's available in their wallet and some will spend more because they can't see the money 'disappearing' when they use their credit card. But not me, I don't care if the money is in my hand or in the bank, on credit or electronic, I still treat is as my own, and don't like to waste it.

I think the part about INFJs not being good with money, was more about not being good with organising paying the bills on time. If anything has a direct-debit option, I just use that. I don't like to log into my internet banking to pay a bill, even though it only take 30 seconds >_<

I own a house. When I was saving I didn't bother looking for the best options, or the best place, my brother did it all for me (I didn't ask him). If he hadn't done that, I might still be saving, because saving doesn't require you to do anything :p

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have been relatively good at making money. I am super good at spending it. As far as if I am good at managing my money....I think I would have to go with.....NO!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts