Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I call or text her?

I haven't done a blind date in quite a while, and I'm not sure what the protocol is anymore. I'm usually quite fun on dates, however, I get anxious on the phone, so I'm leaning towards just texting. I want to make sure that's ok and not considered rude though.

Background info, this is my colleague's roommate, and we're both in our mid-late 20s. I didn't get much more info other than the fact that we're both single, and are both quite pleasant >.>

So, if you are a girl, what would you prefer. If you're a guy, what would you do?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I would text her because you have more time to think of what to say.

Reactions: alphacat

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
If you've been set up on a blind date, then it would be a good idea to Call. Why risk something that may be considered rude? The idea is to minimize risk at every opportunity and if you're sensing that texting may be considered rude, than trust your instincts. Calling never hurts - but texting might ... greater risk in the latter.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking call too, but I'm not sure how to deal with the phone conversation.

'Hey, my friend x gave me your number, would you like to grab some coffee this weekend?'

And then what? Do you continue chit chatting or keep it short?

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
As a women i would prefer a phone call, it would tell me something about how you conduct business ;) Text is o.k too i suppose, i haven't been on a blind date in years, so hard call. Although text is likely more used these days, a phone call makes it more personal. We can't tell you what to say, you have to feel that out for yourself when speaking with her. A phone call might break the ice better too, as the personal touch may put you more at ease before actually meeting up. In my mind boys or people in their early 20 would text, mature men would probably call. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
I was thinking call too, but I'm not sure how to deal with the phone conversation.

'Hey, my friend x gave me your number, would you like to grab some coffee this weekend?'

And then what? Do you continue chit chatting or keep it short?
Haven't you ever seen what happens in movies where there's some other guy holding up placards? It always ends in disaster.

Edit: I know it's probably not the best advice to give ... but if you think you can make yourself appealing and interesting over text as opposed to the phone .. go for it .. do whatever feels absolutely natural. If you genuinely like the idea of being set up with her, then I think it'll show whether it's on the phone, or text.

·
Registered
980 Posts
text and ask if she would like you to call.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts