Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious to know what mbti type/any other personality type you think this woman is, mainly because I used to manage her and it drove me crazy.

The source of frustration was that she could never absorb anything. Each day, I had to teach her things all over again. And she seemed to make rookie mistakes multiple times a day, even after working there several months. Her work moved incredibly slowly as well. She seemed to be overwhelmed by multitasking. I did a lot of the same work she did and got it done about 10 times faster than her. Even with all the poor performance, she was bold enough to ask for a raise just a couple of months in.

So here is what I observed from her personality:

She was very kind and warm
A bit socially awkward, in the sense that you could always tell that she was extremely nervous when you spoke with her
Very unsure of herself, and almost extremely humble
I made a very harmless comment (to me anyway) once about something needing to be done and she started crying and telling me she was sorry
She seemed very worried about lots of things, like a nervous worry.
She told me that she watches health talk shows like "Dr. Oz" and takes notes, then tries to follow everything he says to do to the detail. Almost looking to him as an ultimate authority on health.
She seemed very interested in my life and in the lives of others. Very relational.
She was clearly intelligent, but also very scatterbrained, easily overwhelmed, absent-minded
She didn't seem to get my dry humor
She told me that she did have a tendency to say things off the cuff and hurt people's feelings, although I had never seen her do such a thing and I think she may have said that in an attempt to relate to me because it was during a conversation in which I apologized for making her cry.
She was very very very sweet btw. Like your grandmother (although not that old); like someone you would never want to make cry.
Very serious minded. In fact to me she took everything too seriously and let it overwhelm her.

Any ideas of what this woman may be? If it helps I am an ENTJ and either an Enneagram 8 with a 7 wing or a 7 with an 8 wing (can't remember-- need to take the test again)-- and of the four temperaments, I'm choleric, and of the animal types I'm a Lion/Otter.

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looking simply at the 4 letters, she sounds very INFP to me. They tend to be more sensitive and easily upset and offended, which may explain her crying more easily and whatnot. Intuitive types are sometimes viewed as absent minded if they are not understood. Perceiving types are overall less rigid and organized-focused than judging types. That in combination with the intuition (less focus on detail and therefore possibly more likely to forget details of how to do specific things) may explain her slow work that needs to be explained to her several times. I can't quite put my finger on why, probably the discomfort when talking to people, but she seems to lean toward introversion, despite being interested in other people. That would be her F coming into play. INFPs typically communicate better in writing rather than in person, which could also explain why she seems uncomfortable with talking to others sometimes. That would also explain her worry that her words had come off wrong.

Note: I am no expert on typing. I can type others very well but have trouble typing myself. However, I looked extensively at INFP as a possible type for myself and I learned about the cognitive functions of them. I see this woman to match fairly nicely with the cognitive functions of INFP.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking simply at the 4 letters, she sounds very INFP to me. They tend to be more sensitive and easily upset and offended, which may explain her crying more easily and whatnot. Intuitive types are sometimes viewed as absent minded if they are not understood. Perceiving types are overall less rigid and organized-focused than judging types. That in combination with the intuition (less focus on detail and therefore possibly more likely to forget details of how to do specific things) may explain her slow work that needs to be explained to her several times. I can't quite put my finger on why, probably the discomfort when talking to people, but she seems to lean toward introversion, despite being interested in other people. That would be her F coming into play. INFPs typically communicate better in writing rather than in person, which could also explain why she seems uncomfortable with talking to others sometimes. That would also explain her worry that her words had come off wrong.

Note: I am no expert on typing. I can type others very well but have trouble typing myself. However, I looked extensively at INFP as a possible type for myself and I learned about the cognitive functions of them. I see this woman to match fairly nicely with the cognitive functions of INFP.
OMG, I'm think you're right. Pretty sure my mom is an INFP too (she tested as it once) and some aspects of her personality reminded me a bit of my mom, only more underdeveloped or something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts