Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
So is it just me, or does anyone else want to rip someones head off every-time they see a typo, or similar irritating error?
Yes. I usually refrain, though. However, for your benefit I have made an exception to my policy and placed your grammatical errors in bold.

I just realized how obnoxious I sound here. I was attempting to be funny, not snotty!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. I usually refrain, though. However, for your benefit I have made an exception to my policy and placed your grammatical errors in bold.

I just realized how obnoxious I sound here. I was attempting to be funny, not snotty!
Haha, thank you. In my defense, I am no scholar.

bUt itS KnId oF aNnoYiNg wHeN PEoPlE TaLk LIeK TiHs. And think they're being cute.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
in my professional/academic work , the answer to that is yes. but i take some sick pleasure breaking all the rules when i write on PerC. a part of my nazism is driven by the perfection of how i present myself to others IRL. but it doesnt matter so much on an online forum, at least for me. I say ' to hell with apostrophes and proper hyphenation" (all the while thinking i would NEVER ever say or do this IRL...).

OFF WITH MY HEAD!

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
It doesn't bother me when people make errors in spelling/grammar, but I do take the opportunity to laugh at them. I own a shirt that says "your retarded" just for that reason.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
in my professional/academic work , the answer to that is yes. but i take some sick pleasure breaking all the rules when i write on PerC. a part of my nazism is driven by the perfection of how i present myself to others IRL. but it doesnt matter so much on an online forum, at least for me. I say ' to hell with apostrophes and proper hyphenation" (all the while thinking i would NEVER ever say or do this IRL...).

OFF WITH MY HEAD!
*Gladly chops it off for you.*

What?? They asked, and I was obliged to help them. :wink:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I always assume they must be extraordinarily busy individuals. So busy in fact they lack the ability to communicate properly; if I was so busy so would I. In that case they should get rIgHt To WhAtEvEr ThEy NeEd To Do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111eleventy one1111111.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Having said my opinion on this (grammar IRL versus online), I would like to jump in on the bandwagon.

So is it just me, or does anyone else want to rip someone's head off every time they see a typo, or similar irritating error?
anyone else = singular
they = plural
no comma separating the last word between and/or (apples, oranges or bananas. NOT apples, oranges, or bananas).

:bored:

if one is going to complain about bad grammar, one should first go back and review some elementary grammar rules to avoid looking like a fool.

·
Banned
2,877 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
It depends.

A small typo doesn't bother me. Nor the occasional "your" instead of "you're" or something similar. If I don't notice it, it doesn't bother me.

But when people tYPe LykE thIS and dey r sooo hrd 2 undersnd n der gramer sux....Yes.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I enjoy using "they" as a gender-free pronoun. Imagine my delight when I found that this is technically not incorrect.

·
Administrator
INTJ - ILI - 8w9 - Grunt
22,848 Posts
I don't really bother that much. I can see how people make common mistakes and I make them sometimes too without thinking. No-one's perfect. It does really shit me however if I make a mistake and I can't go and edit it. Saying someone's grammar is bad as a means to negate an argument is irritating. I see it happen all the time.

·
Registered
457 Posts
just dropping by this thread to say heil spellcheck!
no.

Spellcheck gets words wrong. It says that "teleport" is misspelled.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Bad spelling and grammar bother me. I see them. They are there. Why don't you see them when you write them? This bothers me. If you write “bored” when you meant “board”, or vice versa, prepare to be corrected. Had I made a similar mistake, I would desperately hope someone would correct me before I carried on throughout my life not knowing the difference. I realize some people are not intrinsically apt for it, but I would still think they would want to know what they're doing flagrantly wrong. So after thinking about this very intently for a long period of time, I've discovered my solution to this problem is 42.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts