Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This game, is the closest to a movie that a video game is going to get. I don't think I've ever gotten so into a video game's story and characters! Each character has their own personality and the voice acting is so real. For the first time, I have felt bad for a video game character.

This game is basically a parody of modern day culture. The social themes covered in this game are innumerable, and such themes are done so with exaggerated ridiculousness that are based in the true way their parallels are expressed in real society. It is actually really weird because it is so realistic.

The humor is also fresh and actually funny. Most of the time, video game humor is unoriginal or clichéd, but the humor in this game is actually funny, and most of it is making fun of pop-culture. Its interesting seeing a make-believe pop-culture getting made fun of, which makes GTA what it is. And then you look to real pop-culture and make connections, seeing things you before overlooked!

If you don't like video games but like all other forms of media, get this fuckin game. ITs really fuckin cool. This game has its own social network, which is weird because its real, but its also not real....its like a bridge between the game popular social media and real-life social media....its fucking mind blowing!!!

I hope that some researchers play this game who research this shit. It is a fantastic source of how people interact with pop-culture, especially since everything is exaggerated just enough.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Pretty much all the GTA games had satiric overtones of contemporary culture. That being said, is there and F/A-18 Super Hornet in that game?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts