Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered the Great British Baking Show this summer and thought it was great. Watched all the episodes available on Netflix in like two weeks. Any guesses as to their personality types?

Paul Hollywood: ESTP
Mary Berry: ISFJ (I love her!)
Sue Perkins: ENTP
Mel Giedroyc: ENFJ

All just guesses. I really have no idea.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I have a ridiculous love for this show. So much so, that I have refused to give it a chance since they changed the channel and hosts.

I'd guess ISTJ for Paul. ISFJ for Mary and ENTP for Sue seem right. I have no idea for Mel. I've never tried to type while watching the show, and Sue so completely overshadows Mel in my recollections that I have difficulty pinpointing much of anything about her personality.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could see ISTJ for Paul. He seems clearly xSTx to me.

I'm not 100% sure of ISFJ for Mary - I could see her as a more subdued ESFJ as well, but I think she probably gets energy from being alone. Her Si seems pretty apparent. I'm pretty sure of Sue.

Mel, I'm not very sure either.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I could see ISTJ for Paul. He seems clearly xSTx to me.

I'm not 100% sure of ISFJ for Mary - I could see her as a more subdued ESFJ as well, but I think she probably gets energy from being alone. Her Si seems pretty apparent. I'm pretty sure of Sue.

Mel, I'm not very sure either.
ESFJ was the type I briefly considered for Mary before I decided I agreed with ISFJ. She just seems to have a quiet dignity and uses no more words than needed.

Paul, I went back and forth on ESTJ vs ISTJ. I almost wrote xSTJ. His most memorable trait to me is the scathing doubt he emits whenever a contestant comes up with some ingredient combination that is just too original (though he is willing to be proven wrong). He seems to be very keen on results having a certain level of familiarity. Seems Si/STJ. I eventually went with I since he too uses few words, and his Stare of Doubting and general mannerisms remind me a bit of some other ISTJs I've known.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts