Personality Cafe banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
15,766 Posts
Every now and then I wonder if I'm high functioning autistic/Aspergers or just a non-selfaware INFJ.

(background: I can find it easy to read people's moods and sometimes, I completely miss it like some blind spot, and also find it hard to make and keep friends... like wtf and I doing wrong? Maybe I'm just a really off putting kinda person? Maybe I'm just an ultra intense INFJ? It can't possibly be my pittbull and twin machetes that I always carry around right? jkjk )
ah i self doubt everything once in a while - in my 20s it was entp /enfp - nowadays infp/enfp . As a behavioralist I know mbti isn’t merit and it’s isn’t the system I use to analyze others behavior but it’ll be a lie if I were to say I don’t enjoy talking about it and to a certain extent there are some truth to it , but the reality is there’s no such thing as a personality type .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
616 Posts
ah i self doubt everything once in a while - in my 20s it was entp /enfp - nowadays infp/enfp . As a behavioralist I know mbti isn’t merit and it’s isn’t the system I use to analyze others behavior but it’ll be a lie if I were to say I don’t enjoy talking about it and to a certain extent there are some truth to it , but the reality is there’s no such thing as a personality type .

I like talking about types and also get tired of talking about types. It’s weird... when I see people talk and debate about personality type sooooo much that I start to resonate with the xSTPs who might say “Who cares man? Just observe what people are like! Just take it face value, why do you have it label or for?” (Just realised the irony of bringing up a type to explain the banality of typing! 😂🤦‍♂️)

·
Registered
*NFP 852 Intellectual ambivert, amphibian, empath, strategist, mystical, anarchist, weird stuff
327 Posts

As a behaviourtourist, then...
Would you say that way that it is just a tool to simplify, control, reassure ?

Why taking pleasure analysing if every single theory of it was b*ll sh*t ?

We have the right to question, but then developping our ideas is necessary so that people who read your messages can have a thread to pull, thus eventually getting encouraged to boost their curiosity in the debate, having at the same time another opportunity to contradict your own ideas and try to find weaknesses within this system, and... maybe... Some strenghts here or elsewhere to keep on our searches ?...

·
Registered
253 Posts
When your second function works well with your first, brilliant things can happen!

Shakespeare---- concepts driven, extremely varied interests (law, archery, exploration, history, lots of different love affairs with all sorts (bi-sexual-- not that introverts can't be bi), etc.). Inferior Si. Enterprising. Collaborating. Sorry, INFPs, his Fi is very good, but doesn't dominate his Ne in my opinion. Look at his concept driven poems, compare Fi dom Pablo Neruda. Shakespeare is interested in the very varied human experience, in all the different ways it can be looked at. Compare INFP Anton Chekhov who is also interested in exploring, but exploring plays 2nd fiddle to expressing feeling. It might be easier for some people to compare INFP Tim Burton who keeps exploring his own imagination and feelings? (Although Burton is for sure not Chekhov.) INFPs have J.K. Rowlings too... fantastic imagination... that's a very good comparison because in my opinion with Si tert you see more imaginative "things" and less discussion of airy questions and concepts like Ne dom Shakespeare discusses. Shakespeare is most interested in seeing the world and it's concepts out of lots of very different eyes-- Ne dom.

Jordan Peterson (whether you agree with him or not is irrelevant to his type)-- ENTP seems obvious and I don't know how his extroversion is getting missed by so many people.. A very extroverted person who thinks on their feet given whatever is thrown at him and expresses concepts. He even talks about how his brain works because people ask him. He describes how information is processed and remembered and recalled by his Ne dom brain.

John Stewart-- Ne dom is so strong and both his moral values and logic is so developed to drive and support the Ne concepts coming through--- I THINK ENFP, but Ne dom for sure.

Einstein-- ENTP. Extremely varied interests (fairy tales, music, politics, traveling, etc) and very collaborative. If he wanted to explore something, he explored it. Of course his second function is great, but it does not overshadow his Ne. He is extremely engaged in the ideas of the outside world.

John Lennon-- I don't know why people think he's an introvert. He's an extroverted person. We have good footage of him where you can watch how he interacts with people. He collaborates. His lyrics are concept dominated, feeling second and sometimes even just goofy Ne putting all sorts of things together that don't fit without much feeling. Compare INFP Kurt Cobain. Lennon has inferior Si. INFPs, sorry, you do have so many good ones already, though.
__
It is really annoying me that the above are all men, so I'm going to mention some Ne dom women:

Anne Frank-- ENFP Interested in other's around her on an Ne extroverted level although her Fi is strong and she is interested in her own ideas, but she is concepts driven about what she sees in the world.

Mary Shelley -- ENFP her goal is to show concepts that influence feelings and morals.
Charlotte Bronte, imo, although her Fi is almost equal, but she seems most interested in describing concepts and I see inferior Si.

Addendum 06/05 afternoon: I am now leaning towards INTP for Einstein. I always saw his more humanistic quotes and figured these in a bit too much in my perception of him. I watched multiple videos of him and read more and although he is more on the line of extroversion and introversion, I’m now leaning INTP.
I agree.

·
Registered
15,766 Posts
As a behaviourtourist, then...
Would you say that way that it is just a tool to simplify, control, reassure ?

Why taking pleasure analysing if every single theory of it was b*ll sh*t ?

We have the right to question, but then developping our ideas is necessary so that people who read your messages can have a thread to pull, thus eventually getting encouraged to boost their curiosity in the debate, having at the same time another opportunity to contradict your own ideas and try to find weaknesses within this system, and... maybe... Some strenghts here or elsewhere to keep on our searches ?...

1. It could be anything , I believe that the people who’ve created this saw a pattern /connection and decided that it’ll help others . Mbti could be use to reassure , simplify, control , entertain, as a hobby /conversational topics , create fictional characters etc etc I don’t believe that it’s harmful .
I originally joined PerC to take random personality tests and observe other personality types , I was always drawn to observing people and personalities so much that I decided to study behavioralism ( I wasn’t a behavioralist when I first joined ) my perception on mbti the first 3 years that I was here is much different now ( I’ve been here for over 7 years )
Humans naturally categorize and make connections with everything they encounter, and use those collected information to help make sense of the world around them.
When one encounter a person, situation, or object, they start collecting information about that person /
situation and over time , through experiences, they develop a rich set of ideas and expectations about people they perceive to belong to a certain category .

* I didn’t say every single theory of it is b.s , I said it wouldn’t be a method that I would use to help with early intervention or analyze ones behavioral patterns.
Why type or elaborate functions? For me( although I’m sure I’m not the only one - it’s pretty entertaining. )

·
Registered
*NFP 852 Intellectual ambivert, amphibian, empath, strategist, mystical, anarchist, weird stuff
327 Posts
1. It could be anything , I believe that the people who’ve created this saw a pattern /connection and decided that it’ll help others . Mbti could be use to reassure , simplify, control , entertain, as a hobby /conversational topics , create fictional characters etc etc I don’t believe that it’s harmful .
I originally joined PerC to take random personality tests and observe other personality types , I was always drawn to observing people and personalities so much that I decided to study behavioralism ( I wasn’t a behavioralist when I first joined ) my perception on mbti the first 3 years that I was here is much different now ( I’ve been here for over 7 years )
Humans naturally categorize and make connections with everything they encounter, and use those collected information to help make sense of the world around them.
When one encounter a person, situation, or object, they start collecting information about that person /
situation and over time , through experiences, they develop a rich set of ideas and expectations about people they perceive to belong to a certain category .

* I didn’t say every single theory of it is b.s , I said it wouldn’t be a method that I would use to help with early intervention or analyze ones behavioral patterns.
Why type or elaborate functions? For me( although I’m sure I’m not the only one - it’s pretty entertaining. )

That's the point, what could make me curious is which path did you take, the one you call "behaviouralism", for 7 years.

When can you label someone as being part of the "behaviouralists"?
I think every single person here is close to Fly to Behavioooor Planet.
Or are there some diplomas of some kind ? I have an ennegramm certificate, can I Fly to Behavioooor Planet or not ?

And finally, do I need to get vaxxx to be considered as such, for example, what does one imperatively need to do, to belong to that "band"?

Or would it be more in the way one directs his thoughts and energy every single day...
Would you advise some subjects to discover that planet or is it classified as top secret ?

·
Registered
15,766 Posts
That's the point, what could make me curious is which path did you take, the one you call "behaviouralism", for 7 years.

When can you label someone as being part of the "behaviouralists"?
I think every single person here is close to Fly to Behavioooor Planet.
Or are there some diplomas of some kind ? I have an ennegramm certificate, can I Fly to Behavioooor Planet or not ?

And finally, do I need to get vaxxx to be considered as such, for example, what does one imperatively need to do, to belong to that "band"?

Or would it be more in the way one directs his thoughts and energy every single day...
Would you advise some subjects to discover that planet or is it classified as top secret ?
I have a master in behaviorism and work as an early intervention coach along with coaching parents how to child rear for a living. I also run my own school /family child practice

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I have a master in bahaviorism and work as an early intervention coach along with coaching parents how to child rear for a living. I also run my own school /family child practice

This might explain why you want to keep type deliberately undefined, as children are still in the early process of the development of full consciousness.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts