Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't me giving advice, they're ideals I follow for myself:

-dont let the the world tear the good you have inside.

The world around you may go to hell, follow the lifestyle you believe in. The world is what you make it.

-embrace emotional pain

Let's face it. You're an infp. Feelers gonna feel. Learn to anticipate and deal with pain when it comes. Mourning is OK. Let off steam intelligently and as constuctively as possible.

·
Premium Member
15,511 Posts
This response got long. My lessons. My beliefs. My religion. My church. What works for me. Not you, understood!

• The end does not justify the means. (There is NO excuse for unethical behavior on your way to "The End") If you have lied or cheated your way to the end success, your accomplishment has been tainted, trashed, and polluted. You have sold your soul. Are you an Idealist or not? Do it right! You know when you are veering out of your lane. You understand right/wrong.

• Whatever doesn't kill you... just might completely weaken you as a person. Original quote in the movie Steel Mags: "Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger". I have seen some people completely RUINED by too much strife, tragedy and trials place on their life, person and psyche. I've seen them kill themselves. I've seen them break in half. What didn't kill them, made them kill themselves, capisce?

• This too.... just might ...not pass. Original quote -- "This too shall pass". Some things never pass into oblivion and you are so sure it will? How confident you are.

• You do not have to experience sadness, to fully understand and experience happiness. Dualism - I'm not a believer. Balance -- not a fan. Ugly is ugly okay? Beauty is so much different than ugly. Get a dictionary.

• Never say goodbye, to people you like. Closure is for control freaks. It's a long life... some will come back into your life, after 45 years. I have experienced this over and over. You think they are gone forever? They are still on earth, ain't they? Leave your door open, for 70 years or so. You think you'll never see that childhood friend again? Just wait. !!!

• Never give up. Never follow. Think for yourself. Everyone is selling their own book. One is not the loneliest number. "Hell hath no fury like a majority scorned." -- Anneli Rufus

• Do not speed your car. Never, ever drive drunk. My life is just happier, if I'm not breaking the Law and hiring expensive lawyers and going to jail.

• Dogs are so much more superior to cats. Live with it. Learn to accept this fact of life. Don't fight it. Embrace defeat. I have 4 words for you... Search And Rescue Dog. Two more -- Therapy Dog. 3 more --"Man's Best Friend".

• Simplicity is godliness. Mayhem the the work of the devil. Oh that reminds me -- wine is the Devil's Juice!!!

·
Registered
606 Posts
For me the biggest lesson, which came with regular meditation practice, is that just watching your breath can be more entertaining than most anything.

·
Retired Administrator
15,785 Posts
Don't kill spiders unless in extreme emergency or the spider is a serious threat to you or loved ones (b/c venomous). But generally, don't kill spiders.

(Don't destroy things just because you don't understand them (and that causes you fear). Spiders are pretty interesting and valuable when you make an effort to understand them.)

Basically, if you kill a spider then there's no chance that it will actually be a magical talking spider and grant you three wishes. This is probably the most important lesson you could have.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Can't really say there are any "pillars" or grandiose self-commitments, but...

- acknowledge destructive forces within you, nobody is pure
- likewise, there is no perfect good/evil
- beliefs can be harmful, even without actions
- objectivity doesn't exist and never will for us
- try to acknowledge how personal biases distort external stimuli
- those who wish to prevent questions and smother ideas are predators

·
Premium Member
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't kill spiders unless in extreme emergency or the spider is a serious threat to you or loved ones (b/c venomous). But generally, don't kill spiders.

(Don't destroy things just because you don't understand them (and that causes you fear). Spiders are pretty interesting and valuable when you make an effort to understand them.)

Basically, if you kill a spider then there's no chance that it will actually be a magical talking spider and grant you three wishes. This is probably the most important lesson you could have.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Be true to who you really are. Observe and respect your own viewpoints even in the face of criticism. To please others is not to negate yourself or to change to be who they would like to see you be.

In everything you do, you have to be happy and not the others around you. If they're not happy, it's because they aren't being true to themselves.

Being true to yourself leads your life in the right direction. Spend a lifetime learning who you are so you can get better every year at being true to yourself.

You're good at being yourself and not good at trying to be like others. Therein lies your strength.

When the people you know see you happy/content with yourself just the way you are, they leave you alone and don't criticize anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts