Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! This will be my first thread and it will be rather brief.

I have a group of three friends, (all INFP,) extreme on the feeling side. Whenever we're together three things happen. 1) Things get intense very easily. We are always talking about something very deep, usually spiritual and otherworldly. 2) There is so much emotion flying around the room that I get overwhelmed as I can read them so easily and I know they can feel what I'm feeling as well. 3) One of us breaks down. This one is the funniest. At some point during which we are hanging out, one of us will either start to cry or go into some funky secretive mode.

Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is that being around a group of only INFPs has been one of the most rewarding and challenging experiences I've had. I love our conversations but sometimes it is overwhelming.

Anyone else have a group of multiple INFP friends? What is it like for you? :happy:

·
Banned
656 Posts
No and after reading your post, I'm gonna try and keep it that way!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
No I wish I did! I have never meet another INFP in person not that I know of anyway but it must be fun and sad apparently. lol

Reactions: _Jagodei_

·
Registered
809 Posts
Don't know if a group of 2 counts? Me and my best friend... :p That's pretty fun. I think the best thing about it is being able to be completely quiet and just sit and think without one of us feeling the need to "move to the next subject" or start "doing something". We're similar enough that we can just...be. Such an awesome guy.
@Thoughtful Platform

Reactions: Thoughtful Platform

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
At first I was thinking 'You lucky bugger to find some INFPS!'
But then I read the post and I was like 'Oh...'
What happens to me around introverts is that my Ne comes on full thrusters. It's fun.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At first I was thinking 'You lucky bugger to find some INFPS!'
But then I read the post and I was like 'Oh...'
What happens to me around introverts is that my Ne comes on full thrusters. It's fun.
This happens to me, and them as well. We talk about the craziest possibilities and go off on super fun tangents. It's not all bad :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I wish I knew at least one other INFP! This is something I've wondered about because my relationships with my friends tend to get so complicated because I never quite feel secure in the the friendship. Do you ever feel disconnected with your INFP friends or do things they do annoy you because you're all so similar? Or do you find those friendships more enjoyable than friendships with non-INFP's?

·
Registered
917 Posts
don't know any other infp's irl i'd imagine it coudl get really interesting and intense though, be fun to experience it sometime

·
Registered
696 Posts
I have had several one on one best friends infp's - we can understand each other beautifully, but can really
drain each other emotionally and get into huge whining sessions.

I imagine that the dynamics of a group of infp's would be better.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
...no and considering all the emotional stuff that was expressed I'm not sure I'll want to be part of something like that. Excessive emotionality is....unsettling. I also dislike whining within 100 meters of me....

I'm emotionally reserved to say the least.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts