Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever witnessed this phenomenon? XD
What MBTI type do you think would be most likely to be like this?

When I said "cute things", I don't mean in a (directly) sexual way. I mean like, cute animals, cartoon characters, cute objects.

I wonder if it's a mostly Asian (actually, Japanese) thing. I mean there are a significant number of manga titles targeted for grown men that are about raising cute pets like rabbits & kittens. But I don't believe that it's purely a cultural thing. Being drawn to cuteness (a little more than just "my baby is cute"), even for grown men, must be a more universal thing right? (Maybe a lot of people are just in denial). I do get the impression that a huge part of Japanese cultural/aesthetic mentality is very ISFP, but I don't believe that every grown man here who are into cute stuff are actually ISFP.

Other than that, the closest thing I can think of (but not necessarily that "grown", because they're still in their teens & 20s) are guys who are their INFPs (haha of course) or nerdy ENT_'s. I mean, the types who are into making video games and the likes.

Btw just an interesting anecdote: I snooped around on Japanese websites about MBTI, and unlike in English-speaking sites, where the majority of people curious about MBTI get the result INFPs (even though irl we're sort of the minority), most of the Japanese test-takers got ISFP. Dafuq!

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I think most people like cute things, and only some will admit it :p

Probably F types are more likely to admit it though I find it especially adorable with T types do so in their detached little T ways :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bronies was the first thing that came to mind. lol

What MBTI type do you think would be most likely to be like this?
I can't explain it but for some strange reason Ne/Fi users.

Personally I'm not into cute stuff except maybe puppies XD

·
Registered
885 Posts
ahahaha every time i see a cute animal or something i go straight to pet it and say awwww. People always find this surprising and funny because they would never guess i would be like that. Ive also cried in some Kid´s movie once and the two people beside me were like wtf?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Cute > Sexy

The West is obsessed with things being "sexy" which doesn't drive me nearly as much as cute is, the West is obsessed with Masculinity so much so that it encourages females to be more Masculine. I don't think it's something everybody does but it's really ingrained, I noticed a lot of people get really frustrated with the Japanese for making things "cute" and I never understood it, why do people hate cute things so much? Does it feel like its threatening their sexuality? Are they scared of been seen as a pedo? Superiority complex ?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Count me too, cute animals are really moving.

Babies, instead... better seen than heard. Better too, nor seen nor heard.

Other than that, the closest thing I can think of (but not necessarily that "grown", because they're still in their teens & 20s) are guys who are their INFPs (haha of course) or nerdy ENT_'s. I mean, the types who are into making video games and the likes.
Like Epic Battle Fantasy series:

Cute for cute Japan style:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I personally think that most men are afraid to admit their love for the cutesies because of society's expectations to be manly, which is usually by their definition detached, unemotional and tough. I think feeling men are more likely to admit it though.

Come on, guys. No one's (at least not me) gonna judge you for loving this.

Or this

Or even this

Reactions: Yuna

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Of course, doesn't everyone talk to a cat or dog like child ?(I draw the line at toddlers and cute children competitions)

·
Registered
448 Posts
I personally think that most men are afraid to admit their love for the cutesies because of society's expectations to be manly, which is usually by their definition detached, unemotional and tough. I think feeling men are more likely to admit it though.

Come on, guys. No one's (at least not me) gonna judge you for loving this.
Those rabbits are definately cute, until they bite off your finger! Also that last hamster picture, now that gives you a wrong idea.. (look at those claws, that teddy bear is doomed.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.