Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've tried to figure out my type for three years already and I don't know it yet. The results I've gotten from online tests have been: INTP, INTJ, ENTJ, ESFP and I have considered being an ENTP. I don't trust the online tests at all. The types I am now considering are: ENTJ, ESTP, ESFP and ENTP. I've ruled out the rest twelve types, because I'm pretty sure that I am one of these four types. I'm not a xSJx and not a xNFx that's for sure. I was thinking that maybe the way I write could be used to figure my type out if it gives you a hint of how I perceive and judge.

I'm going to tell you something about me though to help you a bit. I'm 22 years old. I study marketing and business at a university. I like to consider myself smart. I guess that I'm an extrovert, but not very extraverted. I guess that I have to be an unstereotypical representative of a type, because none of the personality profiles match me well. I have great people skills, but I'm not around people all the time and I don't really care for people much and I don't stay in touch much and I don't need them all the time. I like to talk with people and I like party atmospheres. I get along with all kinds of people, but I don't like all people. Not many people are interesting in my opinion. I'm accepting of people, though, but I tend to dislike uptight and quiet people. Some people are also just nuts and dumb. I'm usually well-liked by others and have a sense of humor. I'm fun-loving. I'm an ice-breaker. Sometimes silly and crazy. I make people laugh. Sometimes kind of blunt and inappropriate. Uninhibited if the situation and the other people allow. I like to be the center of attention. I don't talk about myself much typically and the people around me talk more than me. I have the worst memory for details.

I have been really depressed in my life and I have contemplated suicide many times when things were bleak. I study all kinds of things. I'm amassing knowledge all the time. I think myself as knowledgeable, but I don't know anything about sports or alcoholic drinks much intentionally, because I'm not interested in these. I'm constantly trying to develop myself somehow. This summer I'm going to excercise a lot and figure out how the legal system and the political system work in detail. I think about the future a lot and how things develop over time, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do after I graduate. I'm not materialistic and want to live a simple and fulfilling life. I don't need much money and could live in a small apartment and eat ramen if I'm otherwise satisfied with my life. I've thought that I could become an entrepreneur, but I haven't yet found out what I want to really do for a living. I would like to have a visible role and do big things in life. I wish I could change the world for better. I have some things I would want to change in the world, but I've realized the biggest obstacle to making the world a better place are people who just don't understand and it's next to impossible to change the way people think and act, because people are born dumb. I like the ideas of leadership, setting up systems for others to work in, promoting and instigating change.

I adore Janice Dickinson. I wish she were couple of decades younger. :)

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
My guess is ENFJ. You may not accept the idea of being an Fe-dom. My best guess based on what you've written is that that's your most likely type ...

Yes .. the one you haven't considered for yourself.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My guess is ENFJ. You may not accept the idea of being an Fe-dom. My best guess based on what you've written is that that's your most likely type ...

Yes .. the one you haven't considered for yourself.
I'm considering four types currently (ENTJ, ENTP, ESFP and ESTP), but actually I was considering ENFJ as the fifth type, but I dropped it while writing the post, because my big sister is an ENFJ and it's not clear to me that we could be of the same type... I'm not as people-oriented or nice nor do I schedule two weeks in advantage. Also, I have dated an ENFJ and I'm not sure if we were very similar, we got along suberbly though, but she was so dumb compared to me, lol. I have had one definite ENFJ guy friend years ago and he was awesome.

I don't get on well with ISTPs so you may be on to something... I have nicknamed my current ISTP roommate as the most boring person in existence as I just cannot get anything out of him personally...

I have wanted to just drop all the other types and say "ENTJ", but if I would be an ENFJ after all? I'll have to invastigate. Thanks for your input!

Btw, can you point out what makes me come across as an ENFJ and Fe-dom?

I would want to drop the ESTP and ESFP, but I'm so damn impulsive that my Se has to be high. Also I'm smelling and tasting everything that catches my attention.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
I study marketing and business at a university.
Very, very stereotypical career choice of ENFJ's. Not just business, but Marketing. I'm an MBA in Marketing as well. For me it just came naturally even though at that point I had no freaking clue what MBTI was.

I guess that I'm an extrovert, but not very extraverted.
This could be true for ENFJ, ENFP and ENTP. ENTJ's not as much, because they are much more typically extroverted than the other three.

I have great people skills, but I'm not around people all the time and I don't really care for people much and I don't stay in touch much and I don't need them all the time.
Ever wonder why you have great people skills? That's not something any just *any* extrovert would say. ENTP's usually complain about how bad they are with people, as do ENTJ's - as for ESTP's ... others mostly complain about bad they are with people even when they are not. ENTJ's are great around people, but don't have the best interpersonal skills. They struggle with them. They have to train themselves to do so. They are not natural around people.

ENFJ's have great people skills, but not all of them are social butterflies, nor do they want to be. Just scoot on over to the ENFJ section, read a few threads and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Not many people are interesting in my opinion. I'm accepting of people, though, but I tend to dislike uptight and quiet people.
Why aren't people interested in your opinion? Also, what you're talking about disliking "uptight and quiet people" suggests to me that maybe you want people to open up but they're not. Generally speaking, Te, Se and Ne [especially with Aux thinking/intuition functions] wouldn't even care enough about quiet people to dislike them.

I'm fun-loving. I'm an ice-breaker. Sometimes silly and crazy. I make people laugh. Sometimes kind of blunt and inappropriate. Uninhibited if the situation and the other people allow. I like to be the center of attention. I don't talk about myself much typically and the people around me talk more than me. I have the worst memory for details.
ENFJ's don't always like being the centre of attention - but of the types listed for yourself, ESFP's are the only other type most likely to want to be the centre of attention - but also that's relatively stereotypical. What's very, very important to note is that you're describing chameleonic behaviour. This is hallmark FeNi as opposed to any other type in MBTI.

Other clues:

I have the worst memory for details.
Could indicate Shadow Si

I think about the future a lot and how things develop over time,
That's Ni

I wish I could change the world for better. I have some things I would want to change in the world, but I've realized the biggest obstacle to making the world a better place are people who just don't understand and it's next to impossible to change the way people think and act, because people are born dumb. I like the ideas of leadership, setting up systems for others to work in, promoting and instigating change.
That's FeNi to the max .. with a tinge of inferior Ti thrown in.

I've also noticed a lot of orientation towards setting goals for yourself ... which could very well be the result of having a 3 fix in your Enneagram --- which is an overlapping E-Type with Te - and therefore very common for Fe users to seem Fi or Te.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Maybe even enfp

·
Registered
73 Posts
Much of this reminds me of myself, so although I've just begun researching MB, I'd have to go with INFJ. Since JAWZ is saying ENFJ, you should definitely consider these.

1. The length of your post. INFJs have a lot to say about everything, and we over explain because we don't think other people will "get" what we are saying.
2. The results I've gotten from online tests have been: INTP, INTJ, ENTJ, ESFP. I get varied results, because my personality changes CONSTANTLY. As I have matured, my results are much more stagnant because I am more able to identify fear/stress responses that before muddled my core personality.
3. I don't trust the online tests at all. That's because INFJ are so much more aware of the complexities of life than any online test writer. ;)
4.I guess that I'm an extrovert, but not very extraverted. People can not believe I am introverted. I am not shy at all and suffer no fear/embarrassment when I am leading staff development presentations. But, when I need a "break," I have to be ALONE. My happy place is just me, sunshine, and online spades on my phone.
5. unstereotypical representative of a type, I am always unstereotypical. I never fit anything. I have paid for professional Meyers-Briggs test; this is an INFJ characteristic. (And my gallup strengths polls, Enneagram, everything else reflect it.)
6. I don't stay in touch much and I don't need them all the time. Every friend I have is one of convenience. No matter how close we are, how much we see each other...I can move on without looking back when the friendship inconveniences me.
7. I get along with all kinds of people, but I don't like all people. Not many people are interesting in my opinion. I'm accepting of people, though, but I tend to dislike uptight and quiet people. Some people are also just nuts and dumb. Im ok with people being who they are. It makes the world interesting. But, I am only interested in pursuing relationships with very eccentric people because everyone else seems dull.
8. I'm usually well-liked by others and have a sense of humor. I'm fun-loving. I'm an ice-breaker. Sometimes silly and crazy. I make people laugh. Sometimes kind of blunt and inappropriate. Uninhibited if the situation and the other people allow. I like to be the center of attention. I don't talk about myself much typically and the people around me talk more than me. I have the worst memory for details. Me, 100%.
9. I have been really depressed in my life and I have contemplated suicide many times when things were bleak. I thought I was depressed for a long time, and I have thought about suicide, even though I knew I would never do it. BUT, as I have aged and been diagnosed with ADD and anxiety...I really think the depression resulted from anxiety, and the anxiety resulted from BEING SO DAMN DIFFERENT THAN EVERYONE ELSE.
10. I think myself as knowledgeable, but I don't know anything about sports or alcoholic drinks much intentionally, because I'm not interested in these. I'm constantly trying to develop myself somehow. This summer I'm going to excercise a lot and figure out how the legal system and the political system work in detail. When I applied for graduation from college, I applied for my major in English and a minor in Creative Writing. When I received my degree, there was a double major listed. I had taken so many history classes (Greek, Roman, and Southern American History) that I had a double major. And, do you see those three types of histories? WTH? Where is the correlation? Now, ask me a detail or date from any of those periods. Come on. You know why? I am not going to know the answer. Details and dates are boring and stupid. Rote memorization is for dumb people. When I am interested in a topic, I DEVOUR it. Everything. I read and read and read and talk and talk and talk. But, I do so so quickly, that I do not retain the more insignificant details. Its more of...the big ideas...and even more specifically, the way the big ideas relate to me and my understanding of the world that I retain, and then integrate into my life. And, when I do not care about something (the personal lives of hollywood personalities, the tricks your dog does, the size of your wedding ring's diamond,) I DON"T CARE, and I can't pretend to, and I think a little less of the person who brought up the topic in the first place.
11. I think about the future a lot and how things develop over time, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do after I graduate. I still don't know what I'm going to do "when I grow up."
12. I'm not materialistic and want to live a simple and fulfilling life. I don't need much money and could live in a small apartment and eat ramen if I'm otherwise satisfied with my life We differ here. I like nice things. I do not NEED them, but I can tell the difference between the cuts of Wal-mart clothing vs designer clothing (but I'm cool with my designer clothing being consignment.) I will eat ramen because I'm lazy about food, but I bought a $15 glass of wine last night, and damn did it taste better than my usual $6 glasses.
13.I would like to have a visible role and do big things in life. I wish I could change the world for better. I have some things I would want to change in the world, but I've realized the biggest obstacle to making the world a better place are people who just don't understand and it's next to impossible to change the way people think and act, because people are born dumb. This was me in my early 20s. I have learned that people have beauties I didn't realize existed, and that listening can be fulfilling to me (read Crucial Conversations.)
14. I like the ideas of leadership, setting up systems for others to work in, promoting and instigating change. I didn't know I liked any of these things, but fell into a position that required them, and I have found my place in life. (principal of a high-achieving school.)
15. I have no idea who Janice Dickenson is.

·
Registered
73 Posts
BearRight;2439299I adore Janice Dickinson. I wish she were couple of decades younger. :)[/QUOTE said:
Ok, I looked her up.

Why the hell do you care about Janice Dickinson? I am wanting to dismiss you from the INFJ ranks!

(Ok, not really. I had a thing for Billy Corgan when I was in my teens. I have no idea why. I think I convinced myself I had a thing for him because every other girl seemed to be in love with SOMEONE, and I just wasn't, and he was weird, and it made me proud that I liked someone who was in an anti-boy band and so DIFFERENT, although now as an adult, I have realized that the later Pumpkins were a contrived DIFFERENT, rather than a natural different, so I don't like anything beyond Siamese Dream now.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts