Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to think I was a type 4 because I was self absorbed and miserable, then a type 5 because i sought out to understand my emotions by detaching from them and researching as much emotional intelligence i could, then a type 8 cause that's the type i wanted to be. Getting an external source to validate my type, how 6 like, ahah. I think 3 is a possibility too though.

Anyways:

I'm a young man early in his twenties, self-improvement has been a big thing for many many years now. The reason I try to be the best I can now is because I believe being at my best can helps myself and other people at the same time. For me, success is to be independent, strong willed, intelligent, atleast financially sound, open-minded, nurturing and inspiring.. I think that's the best use of my life.

I read a lot of self-help material or success stories. While doing things like work/school I spend a lot of times analyzing my feelings, I used to ignore these a lot because they were all over the place and hard to manage.. but now I see emotions as a large source of inner power and passion that I want to have behind me while pursuing goals.(Strong negative emotions of hopelessness or nothingness can paralyze me) While in public I try to maintain a strong, upbeat, friendly, good-hearted can-do attitude, and to stop feelings of misery, hopelessness and insecurities. Those type of negative feelings I'll let out when I'm by myself.

I've been called a lot of things. Some positive things are ambitious, confident, engaging, happy, caring, all with a hint of innocence(child-like vibe) or free-spirit. Some negative things i've been called are heavily cynical, moody, uncaring, arrogant, dominating and destructive. It heavily depends on my mood and how much i want to try to control my myself from expressing these things.(do i feel like showing what i'm feeling or representing an image) I'm also very competitive and can be pretty aggressive/hostile sometimes. When i got a goal in mind I am very focused, but when I'm bored or feeling very tense from some kinda insecurity my mind can get very scattered.

I like to make list of things to do, although i usually only finish the things i HAVE to do and barely touch on things like musical instruments and painting.

So I think I'm a 6w7, because of all this mental energy flying around in my brain mind and stuff. But i still see a lot of aspects of 3.

What's your take?

Ask any questions if you need more info for your assessment!

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
How do you see yourself among others, in terms of identity?

Do you often catch negative situations before they have a chance to develop (Nipping a possible problem before it starts)?

Is the world an unpredictable mess of everything?

Or is the world

Clay, you impact it in the way you want. Molding it around you?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you see yourself among others, in terms of identity?

I'm not really sure. I just kinda go with the flow of whatever I feel like being. I'm a child at heart, i try to be friendly and keep things light, try to help and encourage others.

Do you often catch negative situations before they have a chance to develop (Nipping a possible problem before it starts)?

Not sure, i used to be kinda paraniod of everything before and used to worry about a lot of things. I like to try to predict how things play out if that helps any. Stresses me out too much so I just try not to worry so much anymore.

Is the world an unpredictable mess of everything?

Or is the world

Clay, you impact it in the way you want. Molding it around you?

I'm somewhat in a mixture of both. I believe there are some sort of structure.. some patterns of influence that goes around us, and that we ourselves have the ability to greatly influence the world around us.. but there will always be the element of unpredictability because we do not have all the knowledge in the world.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I used to think I was a type 4, then a type 5, then a type 8. Getting an external source to validate my type, how 6 like, ahah. I think 3 is a possibility too though.

Anyways:

I'm a young man early in his twenties, self-improvement has been a big thing for many many years now. The reason I try to be the best I can now is because I believe being at my best can helps myself and other people at the same time. For me, success is to be independent, strong willed, intelligent, atleast financially sound, open-minded, nurturing and inspiring.. I think that's the best use of my life.
A hint of a 6. A 3 would not do this until in exceptionally good health. A 5 would hardly care about this. A 4 is more interested in self-exploration. An 8 might still be a possibility till now.

I read a lot of self-help material or success stories.
A strong sign that you are a 6. Also something that you need to reduce according to The Wisdom of Enneagram. The books says - Fire your inner committee. You have a number of voices inside your head suggesting contradicting views about an issue at hand or issue in future.
While doing things like work/school I spend a lot of times analyzing my feelings, I used to ignore these a lot because they were all over the place and hard to manage.. but now I see emotions as a large source of inner power and passion that I want to have behind me while pursuing goals.(Strong negative emotions of hopelessness or nothingness can paralyze me) While in public I try to maintain a strong, upbeat, friendly, good-hearted can-do attitude, and to stop feelings of misery, hopelessness and insecurities. Those type of negative feelings I'll let out when I'm by myself.
Your openness to emotions and your ability to see them as a source of energy clearly rules out the possibility of you belonging to competency group. Acknowledgement of negative feels rules out the possibility of you belonging to the positive outlook group. Your energy levels tell that you are not a 4. That leaves you to be a 6 or an 8.

I've been called a lot of things. Some positive things are ambitious, confident, engaging, happy, caring, all with a hint of innocence(child-like vibe) or free-spirit. Some negative things i've been called are heavily cynical, moody, uncaring, arrogant, dominating and destructive. It heavily depends on my mood and how much i want to try to control my myself from expressing these things.(do i feel like showing what i'm feeling or representing an image) I'm also very competitive and can be pretty aggressive/hostile sometimes. When i got a goal in mind I am very focused, but when I'm bored or feeling very tense from some kinda insecurity my mind can get very scattered.
Your care for people is more of a friendly nature than of a protective nature. 8s want to protect those they care about. 6s have the capacity to nurture others - a desire that is all over the place of what you have written.
I like to make list of things to do, although i usually only finish the things i HAVE to do and barely touch on things like musical instruments and painting.
A clear sign that you belong to the compliants of the Enneagram.

So I think I'm a 6w7, because of all this mental energy flying around in my brain mind and stuff. But i still see a lot of aspects of 3.

What's your take?

Ask any questions if you need more info for your assessment!
The 3 aspects that you see in yourself can be a part of your tritype. I see that people have already assessed you as a 6 with a wing 7. I described everything I did so as to provide some grounds for your assessment as a type 6. One suggestion I have for you is - Do not see anxiety as something harmful. The following is from the enneagram institute website:

Remember that there is nothing unusual about being anxious since everyone is anxious and much more often than you might think. Learn to be more present to your anxiety, to explore it, and to come to terms with it. Work creatively with your tensions without turning to excessive amounts of alcohol (or other drugs) to allay them. In fact, if you are present and breathing fully, anxiety can be energizing, a kind of tonic that can help make you more productive and aware of what you are doing.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Don't be fooled by the descriptions of sixes you see everywhere. Sixes can be very powerful. It's also incredibly uncomfortable pretending to be a type you're not.

Sites like this can help you see the positive sides of all the personality types, though. If I were you I'd skip the descriptions and get straight into the Six forum, you'll probably discover whether or not you're a six just by being there. If you feel like you fit in with all the other sixes, then bravo, you've found your type!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts