Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, ladies and gentleman, it’s time to play another round of Guess, THAT, Type!

[/audience cheer]

I discovered MBTI a few years ago when I first took the test in an abnormal psychology class. Since then, I have been testing my type every few months with seemingly stable results, as an INTP, with the exception of testing as an INTJ twice. However, I am skeptical about the truth to this seemingly stable result. I relate to many of the INTP profiles that I read. On the other hand, I may be a victim of one of these biases:

http://personalitycafe.com/myers-briggs-forum/2757-caution-know-your-bias.html

I usually test as an INTP; however, my results usually indicate a low P and high N.

Here are my results over the course of a year (from various tests ONLINE):

INTP -

Introverted (I) 96% Extraverted (E) 4%
Intuitive (N) 77% Sensing (S) 23%
Thinking (T) 95% Feeling (F) 5%
Perceiving (P) 68% Judging (J) 32%

INTP -

Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving
78, 100, 75, 11

INTJ -

Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging
Strength of the preferences %
83, 100, 88, 1

INTP -

78, 88, 50, 44

INTP -

56, 88, 62, 33

Here’s a recent result (from another test):

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************* (31.5)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) **************** (16)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************** (44.7)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************************** (30.5)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************************** (27.5)
average use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************************* (43.7)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ******* (8)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.5)
excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile

By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INTP

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENTP, or INFP

I’m looking for someone with a depth of MBTI knowledge to suggest what the trend seems to indicate, without my own bias interfering with the process.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
If you're trying to find your type by tests and other people's opinions, that will only take you so far.

What I see from what you have posted is that on MBTI tests you tend to get INTP, and that on the function test, all the four INTP functions came up higher than the rest. The ENTP suggestion makes sense from the function test, but the INFP doesn't really.

I'd suggest you take another shot at evaluating your dominant function. With that settled the rest is easier.

Also, I think it is normal for an INTP to question their type, as Ne gives a lot of data that Ti needs to fit, and once in a while something just won't, which causes uncertainty. At least from my amateurish point-of-view.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I’m looking for someone with a depth of MBTI knowledge to suggest what the trend seems to indicate, without my own bias interfering with the process.
btw, putting it like this is really a great way to not get any responses, don't you think? :crazy:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts