Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any other 9s feel guilty or lack confidence because of a lack of success or lack of seeming ambitious in certain other peoples' eyes?

There could be many reasons for this, I suppose. Often I feel so shy about being successful or doing big things, but at the same time I feel guilty when I talk to people about what I do. With certain individuals I just don't feel good enough or I have anything that I provide conversational wise or a service of some kind. This makes me a bit sad at times. Sometimes I can do things to divert this negative attitude, but with some people, I just can't impress or actually show myself at all.

Granted I am not certain of my type absolutely, but I thought this could be a good topic. It's something I've read about being a nine at times, and it's interesting because it's connected to 3 and 6 in a way too. Have at it if you'd like.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Yes, and no.

Sometimes I don't like talking about my work because it's too complex and most people don't know it exists.

Sometimes I feel guilty about not meeting my own goals. That leads to a negative cycle of depression and stress though. I try not to go there. :p Positive thinking and changing perspectives helps with that.

When other people think I haven't done enough then I feel bad too. I have good and bad days, and the bad days are worse when it feels like someone is pressuring me. I actually work really hard and do a good job when I'm motivated and feeling well and not stuck on something.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Ehhh....maybe yes...sometimes..

Most times I'm kind of laid back about it. "Ohhh...Whatever happens, happens." Ha..

But then I get around successful people, or people like my dad, who has done a lot of stuff for other people and I'm like, "Well, crap, I kind of feel like a disappointment right now." I mean, he never says anything, but I'm still thinking that... because on one hand I know I'm capable of doing a lot more than I am currently, but on the other I'm toooo...lackadaisical...

...That and everything sounds interesting to me so I have a hard time picking what I really want to do...

In the end, though, I try not to compare myself too much with other people. Everyone has their own path...

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm not sure how old everyone is on this board-- I know there's a lot of college-age folks so you PROBABLY haven't really felt this yet (though granted there might be a few peers whose successes you're bewildered by), but I'm constantly thrown off when I realize how many very successful people in the world are younger than me. The one that always gets me is when some successful writer does an article that mentions how they "grew up with Harry Potter" and I'm like "NO! Nobody's GROWN UP with Harry Potter! If Harry Potter came out when you were a little kid then you are STILL a little kid, right?!"-- the books started when I was in college* so, yes, technically, people who were kids when that came out are adults too now, but realizing that just makes me look back at my 37 years and say "What have I done? Wasn't I supposed to DO something? How have I been an adult this long? I still feel like I'm waiting for 'when I grow up'!"

The Beatles broke up before any of them turned 30. Jesus got crucified at 34. I feel like I missed some deadline to change the world. :dry:

*(being that I was already specializing in children's lit, and have a special place in my heart for MG fantasy, I take pride in the fact that I got in on that trend BEFORE it was trendy)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.