Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been drinking, and this thread seems like a good idea, for the time.

So, fellow INFJs (and others!)... what are your guilty pleasures?

I like to read women's magazines, particularly the "sex & relationships" section. It is always either (a) really amusing or (b) genuinely informative. I've definitely picked up a few tricks that way...

I sometimes get off to the idea of a trap (a chick with a dick).

I have an insatiable sweet tooth. Tonight, I ate a whole box of donut holes (I did the same thing last weekend [and it was a whole package of Mother's Taffy cookies the weekend before that]).

I really like the song "The Sweet Escape" by Gwen Stefani.

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Can't really think of anything that compares to the OP's list. >_>

... I sometimes eat meals from the deli at work that I enjoy even though I know they won't settle well the rest of the day. I keep wondering if feeling icky the rest of my shift is worth the tastiness of the meal. It must be, since I've done it several times now.

·
PerC Mermaid
23,481 Posts
Hmmm let see hmmm I sometimes eat pizza in bed and I loooooove that!
I watch silly romantic movies and cry everytime, no matter if it is the first time I watch it or not lol

I really like the song "The Sweet Escape" by Gwen Stefani.
I love that song too :)

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Food

Sleep

Laziness

and.. I'm always late. Whether it's a computer repair job, or my accounting job. Even when they bothered to give me set hours, I would show up late (I don't have set hours anymore, just show up whenever. Somedays, I forget to show up altogether.)

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Wow. I wish my job allowed this, lol.
Yes, I read your other post. I was a cashier in my last job too.

Until the owner told me off one day for doing something I thought was nice. So I quit! :D Best decision ever. I preferred being dead-ass broke, and having no future than doing that job any longer. Granted, I had that job since high school.

Luckily, they offered me a job as a bookkeeper at the same place, and I came back before I was a total bum. Love the job now!

It honestly wasn't even the bosses that got to me. It was the endless grind of having to deal with customers.

I like people, but I like them in moderation. I can't meet 200 people a day... doing so psychologically damages and degrades my well-being. I'm just too introverted for it. Hope you find something better soon!

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Yeah, I totally get that. Nearly all my free time from work is spent at home these days, just to get away from the people-overload, lol. At times I want to get a different job somewhere. However, I have yet to have a job that's more than a paycheck to me, and this one is at least tolerable than some others I've had.

I also probably couldn't get the same pay rate at a fresh job without being stuck there for more hours per week. >_> And I'm practically living paycheck to paycheck as it is, let alone going for a downgrade. So... I'll survive... for now. I really wish I had an idea of what a preferred regular job might be. The only things I can come up with are niche incomes, like working for Machinima on YouTube and making gaming videos there, lol.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm assuming by "guilty", you mean a pleasure that I would keep hidden from others with an intense amount of effort. If that's the case, there's really only one thing that comes to mind. Sometimes at the grocery store, I pick up a refrigerated package of raw cookie dough, preferably this one:

I then hide the container in the refrigerator so my roommate won't see it, and every now and then, I sneak a piece out and eat it. I know, it's dangerous, but I've had this thing going for two or three decades, and never had any health problems from it. I'm not certain anyone would really look down on this activity, but it makes me feel dirty inside when I do it, which makes it so much more indulgent. I'd never, ever want a guest in the house to see the opened and pilfered package, and if I got caught doing it, I'd probably feel horrible. I can't explain why it has such an impact on me, but it's an extremely deep connection that the dough and I share.

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream is awesome, so I can totally relate to @LimeDegree. I'm not afraid to admit it's my favorite though, so I wouldn't say it's a guilty pleasure or anything. Everybody likes some kind of ice cream. :eek:P

Reactions: Curiously

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Hmm.. I love fruits ... and cooking :) . I also mess with people ( friends) in a playful way. I guess i'm boring when it comes to vices . :p

·
Registered
337 Posts
I really don't have any guilty pleasures. The only thing I do that I wouldn't really tell people in real life is play The Sims and Pokemon from time to time (I think they're really relaxing when I'm stressed).

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,471 Posts
I'm like every other foodie here. Eating large amounts of food. I can eat a whole cake in one sitting, no problem. However, I eat SUPER healthy for weeks and weeks and weeks until cheat days (holidays). I can't afford to eat unhealthy (even on holidays really) as I am healing from a leaky gut and I intend to remain with this healthy life style even after I am healed because being healthy is important to me. However, food is my one weakness and it's seriously hard for me to stop eating bad food once I've started. My family has even had to cut me off from it before lol. It's like crack.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Spending too much time on the internet.
Reading melodramatic young adult fiction books.
Eating a full container of ice cream (whether a pint or half-gallon) in one sitting.
Watching cartoons from my childhood (I have many dvd's of them).
Buying more clothes or books than I really can afford.

·
Banned
627 Posts
Kashi's wholegrain pizzas. I would buy it with my $200 food stamp money. Now my food stamps money is $57 (because I get unemployment checks).

Out of petty revenge, no more Kashi's wholegrain pizza until I get a job or get into grad school.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts