Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been obsessed with MBTI since forever and I type almost everyone I meet, usually doing a neat job of it too - but I can't figure out my own type. Its enormously frustrating and I'd really appreciate it if anyone could provide any insight

Past MBTI results: INFJ, INFP,ENFP,ENTP,ENTJ
Enneagram tritype: 7,4,8 (not that well versed with enneagrams)
SLOAN: SLUEI - Inquisitive.

Here is a pretty much all inclusive description from the SLOAN result that I edited to fit me like a sock.

Ambivert,talkative,more pleasure seeking than responsible, major procrastinator,impatient, opinionated,loves debate yet dislikes interpersonal conflict, slight Bipolar tendencies, frustrated and angry when people don't live up to expectations, not overly vengeful - forgives easily/forgets/doesn't care , takes charge, non-conforming, pessimistic, agnostic/atheistic tendencies,spontaneous, over-achiever( I often get called although I don't think so), often bored while working, asks questions noone else does,likes to be the center of attention,loses things, unable to control cravings.

And from the inquisitive description:
Equally interested in romantic and intellectual pursuits, detaches to analyze factors from multiple perspectives, regularly uses ideas and tools to transform understanding, enjoys playing with random interconnections between ideas and patterns, would describe self as a nerd in high school, likes science fiction, introspective, loves puzzles/knots, more comfortable around adults as a child, feels both special and defective, knows the darkside of life well, is not bothered by going long periods without speaking with people, more intellectual than sensual, can be bitter,driven by curiosity, feels best when working, Divergent thinker.

Also a little bit background: Family is very religious, and noxiously emotional (INFJ ,ISxJ and INFP)- EMotionally exhausting situations would always come up hence emotional-stability is low and bipolar tendencies tend to act up often....I was termed as "insensitive" and "aloof" by the family, although I don't see myself as either..But unless there is emotional conflict shoved in my face (which is most of the time), I process things and come off as an NT (ENTP or INTP) .
superficial ENFP traits fit me very well (loves hugs, caring,loves fun,loves meeting people, can sweet-talk way out of anything, can be affectionate etc) .I have always been into Psychology, art, sciences-esp bio and chem,(math not so much)etc.

Hopefully this should be adequate.

I'd really appreciate any insights.Do these traits describe other ENFPs too?
ty! :happy:

·
Banned
2,697 Posts
Most of those SLUEI common traits fit me... and I'm RLUAI. The inquisitive description fits me perfectly, as well, except that I wouldn't say I'm more intellectual than sensual; those don't have to be mutually exclusive or even compared. And I feel best when relaxing, not working, but I'd say the same about my ENTP too... and almost everyone I know.

The best way to type yourself is to research the functions (good descriptions). Are you more extroverted thinking or introverted thinking? Are you more introverted feeling or extroverted feeling?

Reactions: Vox Impopuli

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey personalitytype.com/career_quiz why dont you try something like this i made my mom fill out the test and it came up comepletely wrong so we went to a more simplified one i can't find the one i found for her but this one is similar try this. :D i dont agree with this description mentioned above like i did when i read my enfp one it just didn't hit the same although breaking it down i do think i have some of those traits good luck i hope this helps. my mom was an esfp btw i was wondering if there would be a pattern with the test coming out wrong for a certain type.

·
Banned
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you looked at the individual profiles to see which ones fit you best? Is it just ENTP and ENFP you are deciding over?
Yes I have, Some parts of ENFP fit brilliantly and so do some of ENTP - hence all my confusion. I also looked into the ENTP forum with ENTPs describing themselves and it wasn't much like me except for how they bring apart things and ideas and love playing around with them (BUT NOT PEOPLE)....sigh.

·
Banned
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most of those SLUEI common traits fit me... and I'm RLUAI. The inquisitive description fits me perfectly, as well, except that I wouldn't say I'm more intellectual than sensual; those don't have to be mutually exclusive or even compared. And I feel best when relaxing, not working, but I'd say the same about my ENTP too... and almost everyone I know.

The best way to type yourself is to research the functions (good descriptions). Are you more extroverted thinking or introverted thinking? Are you more introverted feeling or extroverted feeling?
Introverted thinking , Extroverted feeling, Extroverted intuition...It all seems to make me lean towards ENTP..

·
Banned
2,697 Posts
Introverted thinking , Extroverted feeling, Extroverted intuition...It all seems to make me lean towards ENTP..
Then you're probably an ENTP with a very developed Fe too. You sound like my boyfriend.

·
Banned
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Then you're probably an ENTP with a very developed Fe too. You sound like my boyfriend.
Ah, oki. I guess I should scoot off to the ENTP forum... Or I'll wait and bask in the uncertainty for a while BD. The new PerC quiz gave me ENTP too, So I suppose you are right there.
Heh, I presume your boyfriend is awesome then XD.

·
Banned
2,697 Posts
sysha:1159063 said:
I guess I should scoot off to the ENTP forum... Or I'll wait and bask in the uncertainty for a while BD. The new PerC quiz gave me ENTP too, So I suppose you are right there.
Heh, I presume your boyfriend is awesome then XD.
We get lots of randomers and undecideds hanging out here. We always appreciate good people.

And yeah, he definitely is. NTs with developed Fe/Fi are my favorites!

Reactions: Vox Impopuli
1 - 11 of 11 Posts